Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Engine Cover for MB supercharged 5.5L AMG models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by fastneutron
Might as well go all the way and use the headlights to project the letters AMG. So, each time the light projects into the car in front of you, AMG will appear. It's like saying "You have been tagged by a bad *** AMG, so move biaatch!!" LOL
hmm should i draw a diagram for that... i have time..
Old 04-13-2005, 01:19 PM

2004 E55 AMG
oh why not..
Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Engine Cover for MB supercharged 5.5L AMG models-lights.jpg  
Old 04-13-2005, 01:21 PM

2004 E55 AMG
sorry for wreaking your carbon fibre thread fastneutron
Old 04-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Banned

i actually fell to one 1 knee out of my chair, laughing like a tard' wife comes in asks why im not working and why do i spend so much time on mbw. when i try to explain the helarity, she shakes her head and walks away with me yellin "so move biaaatch" the diagrams are a f ing riot!!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:59 PM

Obsidian Black C43, Silver C43, Silver Carlsson E-class wagon, Brabus G-class

Chem0, it's all good with the thread.

I just love that diagram. From conceptualization to the drawing board within a few hours. All we need now is look for a manufacturer to do it for us. I think we just created a new product idea.

Let me make some calls around to see what company wants to make this product materialize.

By the way, you chose the right brand to tag with the AMG projection..."Move it biaatchmer!!" Ha, ha, ha!!
Old 04-16-2005, 01:38 PM

I saw some pics of a mercedes engine cover on a fiberglass forum. I am not sure which engine cover it was though. it looked sweet.

http://www.icancomposites.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=492

It took me a while to find the post. here it is

There was a second one I found also.

http://www.fibreglast.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2053
Old 04-16-2005, 08:41 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by fastornge
I saw some pics of a mercedes engine cover on a fiberglass forum. I am not sure which engine cover it was though. it looked sweet.

http://www.icancomposites.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=492

It took me a while to find the post. here it is

There was a second one I found also.

http://www.fibreglast.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2053
oooo they are all pics of Peter B'lings ride! wow man, you're famous!!
Old 04-16-2005, 09:13 PM

The kit just listed on e-bay.com. It will probably show up around midnight Pacific Standard Time.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:40 PM
MBH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
I'm all in for a group buy, if such ever exists!!!

MBH,
2005 E55
Old 04-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Banned

The kit just listed on e-bay.com. It will probably show up around midnight Pacific Standard Time.
that's $100 more than i get them for. also, im all for being a nice guy and the board people are my pals but im not feeling all that great about someone trying to make money off the thousands of dollars ive spent on my motor with the pics of my motor on ebay. there are plenty of lawyers here, derek etc. what do you think. am i way out of line for thinking this???
Old 04-17-2005, 03:46 PM

You do whatever you have to do to settle your claim. Believe me, I'm not making any money out of putting the CF kit on e-bay. After all the cost incurred, shipping, my time, cost of e-bay and paypal, and cost of goods, it's just breaking even. The value for my time exponentially exceeds the cost of everything combined, but since it is my hobby, it doesn't matter as much to me. My contact in L.A. is buying the kits from the source just a little bit below $850. The supplier and the middleman are the ones making the money. The only reason why I listed it on e-bay is because the forum may think it's being sold for commercial purposes and I know it's not allowed.

If you were worried about claims on the molds or the products made from the molds, you should have made sure of that when you had them made, like having a written agreement. I'm doing exactly that for the molds I'm having made for other parts. I've done that with all my past inquiries with any manufacturers. If you were to go after someone (legally or otherwise), talk to the source. I'm not using any information that he didn't send to me and the middleman, including the pictures. I work with patent lawyers for my engineering firm so I can clarify it again with them if I or the middleman violated anyone's protection rights to the CF engine covers. If there is an entity that would have the legal rights to your claim, it would be Mercedes Benz.

By the way, you posted that you bought the kit for $850 each, which is basically what the starting price is on e-bay. If forum members want to purchase the kit under group buy, I can order it for them at cost, which would be around $800 per kit, or you can order it for the forum members. It doesn't really matter to me.

I sent you at least 2 private e-mails about this possible claim that you're now bringing up and you did not respond. I sent you an inquiry because I would have probably shown similar concerns as you are now if someone else is making claims to my idea. Someone already did that to me on another forum, which I don't really care if he were to make money out of my idea because I'm wasn't expecting to make money out of it. The cars and anything to do with them are all just hobbies to me. I own several business entities that are very successful (health care, semiconductor, and now real-estate). If you think I care about making a few bucks on car parts, you got to be kidding.

After all the explanation above, let me know what you and the source (I think his name is Doug) settled before you start bashing me on this forum and threatening legal proceedings. If you want to proceed with your claims, bring it ouside of this forum. I'm not going to sit here and have someone defame my character publicly and do nothing about it either.

Best Regards and Good Luck!!
Old 04-17-2005, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Maybe you guys should simply email or pm eachother and discuss since you are both passionate about the cars and doing the mods as a hobby. A lack of communication between the parties involved is to blame for this. You wanna race today? Im bored, in Hollywood and my car is SCREAMING to be driven to VEGASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. oops sorry . Do you guys actually KNOW eachother? He can not really harm you (libel) (slander) unless you are identifiable in the post, not your NIC but your true person. He really seems to be angry over the fact "pics of his car were used" in the promotion of the kits without consult.

Ok off to enjoy the SUNSHINE in the 55.
Old 04-17-2005, 04:35 PM

He can talk to the source about the pictures. Pictures were sent to me and the middleman.
Old 04-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Banned

You do whatever you have to do to settle your claim. Believe me, I'm not making any money out of putting the CF kit on e-bay. After all the cost incurred, shipping, my time, cost of e-bay and paypal, and cost of goods, it's just breaking even. The value for my time exponentially exceeds the cost of everything combined, but since it is my hobby, it doesn't matter as much to me. My contact in L.A. is buying the kits from the source just a little bit below $850. The supplier and the middleman are the ones making the money. The only reason why I listed it on e-bay is because the forum may think it's being sold for commercial purposes and I know it's not allowed.

If you were worried about claims on the molds or the products made from the molds, you should have made sure of that when you had them made, like having a written agreement. I'm doing exactly that for the molds I'm having made for other parts. I've done that with all my past inquiries with any manufacturers. If you were to go after someone (legally or otherwise), talk to the source. I'm not using any information that he didn't send to me and the middleman, including the pictures. I work with patent lawyers for my engineering firm so I can clarify it again with them if I or the middleman violated anyone's protection rights to the CF engine covers. If there is an entity that would have the legal rights to your claim, it would be Mercedes Benz.

By the way, you posted that you bought the kit for $850 each, which is basically what the starting price is on e-bay. If forum members want to purchase the kit under group buy, I can order it for them at cost, which would be around $800 per kit, or you can order it for the forum members. It doesn't really matter to me.

I sent you at least 2 private e-mails about this possible claim that you're now bringing up and you did not respond. I sent you an inquiry because I would have probably shown similar concerns as you are now if someone else is making claims to my idea. Someone already did that to me on another forum, which I don't really care if he were to make money out of my idea because I'm wasn't expecting to make money out of it. The cars and anything to do with them are all just hobbies to me. I own several business entities that are very successful (health care, semiconductor, and now real-estate). If you think I care about making a few bucks on car parts, you got to be kidding.

After all the explanation above, let me know what you and the source (I think his name is Doug) settled before you start bashing me on this forum and threatening legal proceedings. If you want to proceed with your claims, bring it ouside of this forum. I'm not going to sit here and have someone defame my character publicly and do nothing about it either.

Best Regards and Good Luck!!

mbz wouldnt have a claim b/c the crf pieces were shown without the star not installed. ie every magazine that sells aftermarket mb parts. also here are the two emails you sent me both of which having nothing to do with posting my pics of my car.

Hello Peter B,

I noticed that you're from VA. I used to live in Virginia Beach back in the days. I also noticed in your profile that you're in real estate business. I just passed my Salesman exam mainly for educational purposes for my real estate investments, but people are telling me to do loans while still working as an engineer. Real Estate in California is still hot and I hope it continues this way.

Anyhow, I could have offerred you the covers at much cheaper price, but it's all good. I'm mainly doing this as a hobby since I'm currently working from home. My source wants to make money from making the covers. So, he is probably going to sell them retail for less than $850, since that's how much you bought your covers for, unless the $850 did not include the polished covers for the intake plenums. If that's the case, he will probably sell them for a little less than $1000, which will include CF covers for the plenum. We shall see..

Cheers,

Rob

Is your source also in the East Coast?

and....

Sorry for super late response. I don't usually check this mailbox, but now I will.

Did you already get your engine cover done in CF? I will be at the manufacturing facility next week. So, if you haven't done the CF, let me know. I can definitely get it done for you.

Thanks,

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B
what if i sent you my set to make and keep molds from and you give me a deal on cf'ing mine?

Quote:
I don't have any plans of making the set for E55 211 yet. I'm ordering an E55 211 station wagon, but it's a special order so it probably won't be delivered until next year or end of this year. Once I have it, I can use it for measurements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B
what the price for an e55 211 carbon fibre set. thanks

those are the 2 emails you so eloquently expressed your concerns over my idea or most importantly my pics. no wait....theres nothing about my concerns. zip...zero....nada....i too am self employed and the time spent away from my work working on these and the pics i shared with the forum are difficult to calculate but it would be a significant amount which i dont care about. it is simply you taking my pics and posting them with emails form you that dont say jack about what you were going to do. simple...right? as many people have already posted, "hey, thats peter b's car" so i doubt you didnt know where they came from. and by your defiant response and you lawyer yada yada yada you are simply digging your heels in instead of the doing the right thing and coming to me to square things up. oh by the way the price for these cf covers are now $650. who's in?
Old 04-17-2005, 10:00 PM

You make me laugh. Those are not the only e-mails I sent to you. First of all, private messages means "private" and you just posted it publicly. That was totally childish. My last e-mail asked you if you don't mind if the pictures would be used on e-bay and you didn't respond. So, I talked to the supplier and I have a letter authorizing me to use the pictures he sent, which happened to be your car's engine bay. At least I recognized that the pictures were similar to the pictures you had posted on this forum and brought it to your attention that the supplier is the same as what my contact told me about. You're just trying to deny the fact that I brought up the possible concerns about using the pictures because you have nothing to stand on about your claims. I guess you should go after the guy who posted your pictures on this forum and other forums also.

It's great that you can get the CF covers at much cheaper price. I certainly can't get it that cheap. At least you should have initially posted $650 instead of your claim of $850. I'm pretty sure that you're getting them even cheaper than the $650 you're now offerring the kits for. So, more power to you for making pennies on these kits.

By the way, you're the one who mentioned the word "lawyer" on your post. I suggest that you watch the words you use.

Like what I said on the last post, if you want to proceed with your claims, bring this out of the forum. Instead, you continue making a fool out of yourself.

Again, I suggest that you settle this with your supplier. I'm done with responding to this thread. I'll only respond if you take it out of this forum. I'll even send you my contact number.

I can't believe I'm even wasting time on this post.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
ahhh ****

just meet up and throw down who ever wins wins.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:36 AM

2004 E55 AMG
hey at this rate, the price for CF engine cover will continue decreasing great, then i can get one shipped to Australia really cheap

just a matter of time though -_-
Old 04-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Banned

this is your last email

If you want to talk, let's talk. I really don't have anything to talk to you about, but if you want to proceed with your bull****, call me.

Check you e-mail. You'll see that there is another e-mail from me.

Peace!!

hmmm...not really nice huh?

and since you said you have your last email addressed after 4-9-05 email, please go to your sent items and post it! i dont have it so you must have. at that price i lose money so you dont profit from my hard work sir! i only posted these emails to show that you were in error, you must have forgotten with you being busy with all your entities, i understand.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:31 PM

I used "send e-mail to" option instead of "send private message to" when I sent you a message asking about the pictures. So unfortunately, there seems to be no way to retrieve it. I used the second option because I couldn't seem to get any response from you using private message.

Anyhow, I'm not going to stoop that low by sending anyone to the canvas like what happened to Randy Cotoure this past weekend (He's still the greatest champ).

Peace in the middle East!!

Chem0 or anyone else interested, If you're really interested, I'll pay for the loss. Ain't no big thing but a chicken wing!! I'm going to change the price so low, you would want to order it now from e-bay.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
All the fighting aside...what is the price for this kit? I don't want to be a ***** or anything but I am really interested in this kit. I really do want to purchase this kit but don't want to create any more drama then there seems to be...
Old 04-18-2005, 01:52 PM

$639.99 as listed on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7968863621
Old 04-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Banned

I used "send e-mail to" option instead of "send private message to" when I sent you a message asking about the pictures. So unfortunately, there seems to be no way to retrieve it. I used the second option because I couldn't seem to get any response from you using private message.

Anyhow, I'm not going to stoop that low by sending anyone to the canvas like what happened to Randy Cotoure this past weekend (He's still the greatest champ).

Peace in the middle East!!

Chem0 or anyone else interested, If you're really interested, I'll pay for the loss. Ain't no big thing but a chicken wing!! I'm going to change the price so low, you would want to order it now from e-bay.
your first email to me had 2 responses posted above. there was a give and take see!!! the 2nd was a price higher than i can get them for. the 3rd didnt exist. just do everyone a favor, sell them for $200 (price not lowered on ebay yet) and repent for your sins so everyone can enjoy them.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:24 PM

What ever hapened to the engine cover. It doesn't look like it really sold, or maybe both parties forgot to give feedback. Did it sell for $555.00?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by fastornge
What ever hapened to the engine cover. It doesn't look like it really sold, or maybe both parties forgot to give feedback. Did it sell for $555.00?
It's back, I think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3ALC%3AMT%3A1
Old 05-16-2005, 08:44 PM

i guess it isn't a first quality part from the tool. I emailed and found out it is a slightly lessor quality part from the same tools as the one shown. he said he has other first quality parts too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Engine Cover for MB supercharged 5.5L AMG models