Sponsored by:

Carbon Fiber Engine Cover for MB supercharged 5.5L AMG models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsidian Black C43, Silver C43, Silver Carlsson E-class wagon, Brabus G-class
Carbon Fiber Engine Cover for MB supercharged 5.5L AMG models

The manufacturer has 2 kits left for the 5.5 supercharged engines. These are high quality and not deformed. He's letting them go for $550 per kit. This is the same manufacturer that made the kits for infamous Peter B. So, you'll be getting it a lower price. He said that's the lowest price he would go. I'm not going to list it on e-bay anymore because I already had 1 dead beat bidder (I think from Europe) and the manufacturer and myself just lose time and money on thinking that supercharged AMG owners are all big ballers. I need to stop there..... The bimmer and porsche guys are buying Carbon Fiber products from my manufacturer like there is no tomorrow, but I guess AMG guys are different.

The kit I'm having made for my cars (last AMG generation) ran into a snag because everything had to be done by hand. We could not find a big enough tool to accomodate the whole engine cover and airbox for vacuum forming, but everything should be finished this Friday.

Regardless, too many show initial interest, but when the product becomes available, everyone flakes out.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:02 PM

what kind of kit are you making and which vehicles is it for?
Old 06-09-2005, 07:30 AM

I talked to this guy yesterday that makes these parts. he is into making showcars and a lot of high tech pimp my ride kinds of stuff. He still has 2 engine covers that his contact in California was supposed to buy.
That never happened and his contact doesn't answer phone calls anymore. He said to see if anyone was interested in the engine covers. if so contact him by email. his email is 3gservices@sbcglobal.net

he also makes lots of others Carbon fiber, carbon kevlar and silver texallium stuff. He built all the molds for a lot of corvette stuff too.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fastneutron
myself just lose time and money on thinking that supercharged AMG owners are all big ballers.
with compliments like that they should go quick jackass.