Sponsored by:

Calling DEREKFSU.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling DEREKFSU.....

please read post #35. am i way out of line here. if i am not i am not against paying a lawyer to get this off. if there is nothing i can do than oh well. it just would have been nice to get a simple request at least to use the pics i spent $$$$$ to get made myself. tia.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...40#post1094540
Old 04-17-2005, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I would for sure talk to one of our Benz Brothers who have passed the Bar about this Pete. I would get that pic or pics in particular copy protected ASAP....but talk to lawyer first of course.

Take it to um Pete....this is a bunch of crap.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not an attorney, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night. I'm worse- I'm a lobbyist. I have forwarded this to my attorney and am waiting to hear back from him. You could probably make contact with Ebay immediately if you do not want to wait on an attorney. The smartest thing (if a day doesn't really matter) would be to wait until you can have an attorney draft an email to Ebay as well as the lister of the item.

It probably violates Ebay's TOS, but one could also contact anyone who has bid on this item and let them know:
1) It's a ripoff
2) You are the original
3) You can sell it to them for cheaper

This may get you in trouble with Ebay as well and that matters if you want to use them. Another variation would be to email all bidders just to let them know #1.

You could go ahead and list your item and it's price. Having identical photos, you could use this against the violator with Ebay.

Enough of the brainstorming, thinking out loud. The best idea is to find a friendly attorney (friendly to you that is) and have him spend a bit of time on it without it costing you an arm and a leg.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

thanks brothas! since someone it appears is trying to make money off my hard work i think i may post a listing for a loss just so someone else doesnt profit off me. :v :v :v i had/have no intent to make money on this just to offer it to mbw members.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
You are not out of line but it would be a complex case and certainly not worth the cost. A better idea would be to negotiate use with the business or individual. This person made a mistake in thinking it was ok to use your pics, as they are being posted in a public forum. Since each State has varied copyright, privacy, it would be complex to try to obtain damages and recoup profits when you were not included in the transaction. It would be much easier to ask the person to STOP using the pics or sign an agreement utilizing your pics of your mods for marketing purposes. EBAY has created thousands of new legal issues and is currently the #1 fence of stolen property in the World. Sounds like the seller is overcharging and using your pictures without permission.

Sounds like a GREAT solution sell the kit cheaper using your pics and the guy get zippo..wow, screw the atty stuff (no offense to attorneys) but 300 bux an hour is quadruple a good mechanic.