W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would this board be better without Peter B, BMWEATR and Belmondo?
Yes - their antics detract from the baord
38.24%
No - their antics contribute to the board
61.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Would this board be better without Peter B, BMWEATR and Belmondo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would this board be better without Peter B, BMWEATR and Belmondo?

Personally, I find most of their posts amusing and don't take them seriously. The arguments they spawn, childish though they may be, are pretty damn funny. Kind of like reality television - grossly fascinating and entertaining.

Just wondering if there's a consensus among other members of this board.

Last edited by BMBW; 04-21-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:32 PM

M5board dude with 17 posts all related to M5 beating e55 now will tell you who should be on MBworld...

What kind of idiot would find comments that "......are pretty damn funny. Kind of like reality television - grossly fascinating and entertaining." and than try to ban whoever wrote that?
Does this idiot makes any sence?
I say ban this dufus, send this lap dog back to his owner--- gustaff.

Amazing.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:35 PM

I contribute to three different boards, all different hobbies (E55, Harley Davidson and HO Model Trains). You see pretty much the same theme on every board.

I look at it this way: it's a slice of life. Each board has their own personality. The Harley Davidson board uses lots of filthy cuss words, and for that forum it works out fine, everyone is very cool with that. The model train board is kind of geeky and lots of the guys are tinkerers and self proclaimed experts. So far the E55 board is a home to folks that like to "share" their great treasures with everyone else. We buy these expensive cars and often have no one else to talk about them, so the board is a wonderful place to brag and stroke your own ego with these expensive toys. And it seems to all work out.

You are always going to have some characters and controversial contributors, it's just part of life. And that's good by me.

DOG
Old 04-21-2005, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Not all their posts are useless. I'm not sure about the other two members, but PeterB is a modaholic and I find his pursuit for the next mod on his car informative. He may get overzealous, but overall not in a mean spirited way.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Belmondo
M5board dude with 17 posts all related to M5 beating e55 now will tell you who should be on MBworld...
Huh? I don't think a single one of my posts have said that the M5 beats the e55. I wouldn't even begin to try to defend that position. The only thing I've said is that I prefer the e39 M5 over the 211 E55, despite the fact that it's older and slower. I've also said I don't like the e60 M5.

What kind of idiot would find comments that "......are pretty damn funny. Kind of like reality television - grossly fascinating and entertaining." and than try to ban whoever wrote that?
I wasn't asking for you guys to be banned, and I voted that the board wouldn't be better off without you. I was just wondering if other members think the board would be better with or without you.

Does this idiot makes any sence?
Clearly not to you. I'm kind of disappointed in your reaction. I thought you'd be a bit more creative and funny in your retort. Instead, you're just coming off angry. Sorry - wasn't meant to offend.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Not all their posts are useless. I'm not sure about the other two members, but PeterB is a modaholic and I find his pursuit for the next mod on his car informative. He may get overzealous, but overall not in a mean spirited way.
My bad. I'm new here so I've only seen their recent threads and posts. All the more reason for them being good for the board.

I agree about the tone of their posts and I haven't taken their posts to be mean spirited, which is why I think they're funny.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally Posted by AMGfan
No one is saying that type of information is not allowed. You do have to admit that he did went overboard. Talking about mod is great for this forum.
To allow different opinion be discussed freely is good for the forum. There is a fine line between overzealous and down right ridiculous.

Guys like belmondo/bmweater (probably owns nothing in real life) does not belong to this forum.

A car forum should be as opened minded as much as possible. I certainly don't think we need to sit here and boast how godly the E55 is on every single post and must put down other car manuf. in process.

All cars is made by human, its never going to be perfect. We are not like lemming that simply follow the leader and drown.

Heck, when I get my M5, i will probably have quiet a bit of complaints as well. I expect a lot from my cars. I like to discuss what is wrong with our cars because no one seems to openly discuss what is wrong with our car. This board does an excellent job in self promoting the god creation E55. There really isn't need to another praise.

Search this forum. How many of the participant would willing to discuss the problems/issues they have? How many of them would be open minded about drawbacks.

I don't think its wrong to list things you don't like about the car. I just find it amusing that the ego on this forum is so big that any criticism of the car or praise another car needs to bring out "I MUST TERMINATE YOU MENTALITY".

E55 is good at what it does. A fast highway cruiser. It's interior quality is quiet good. The power is addicting. But it's not an ultimate driver's car.

The M5 will be a driver's car. It's not a highway cruiser.

Each car will have its benefit and drawback. I am sure by the time I lived with my M5 for a while I will find something I dislike about it.

As much as I liked my M3. I did not like the SMG, nor serious lack of low end torque. Cheap interior. Hated the navi. I have complained about it on other forum as well.

At end of the day. It's a car. As long as human still designs the car, it will never be perfect. Heck, even god can't create a perfect human. What makes anyone think that a car would be perfect and be totally isolated from imperfection.

Last edited by krispykrme; 04-21-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by BMBW
I'm kind of disappointed in your reaction. I thought you'd be a bit more creative and funny in your retort.
Why dont you show us your creative side and sense of humore ..........
Old 04-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Why dont you show us your creative side and sense of humore ..........
Sure - you could have responded with something like this

"BMBW - who the fk are you? 17 posts? I s**t more posts in one sitting than you have here. You must have shoved that roundel so far up your *** that it's hit your pea sized brain and made you retarded. -Belmondo"
Old 04-21-2005, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by BMBW
Sure - you could have responded with something like this

"BMBW - who the fk are you? 17 posts? I s**t more posts in one sitting than you have here. You must have shoved that roundel so far up your *** that it's hit your pea sized brain and made you retarded. -Belmondo"
Live long, and prosper.
Work on both--creative side and humor.......
Old 04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Live long, and prosper.
Work on both--creative side and humor.......
Ban Belmondo? Heavens no! Who else would insult me on my buisness plans? I vote NO!
Old 04-21-2005, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Rather than removing contributing members, can we just have a public execution of 1 BMW visitor per day?

Would that calm things down?
Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
I voted to ban me
Old 04-24-2005, 09:33 PM

w210 e55
Whackbag poll!!!