M5 and M6 test mules around LA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
M5 and M6 test mules around LA

A friend of mine and myself have a small meet Tuesday nights at 8pm at the Topanga Starbucks in Woodland Hills. For the past 4 or 5 meets between 8:30 and 9:30, an M5 and an M6 roll by on Ventura Blvd. They always catch the light and then continue west on Ventura. They both have two tone bodies (black with grey on the bottom), quad exaust and the fender grilles like the E46 M3 and they just look generally suspicious. Hard to miss them. Maybe one of us forum members will have a run in with one or both of them. I always have my camera in the car and will try to get some footage next time. They may do it every night but its definetly Tuesdays at the very least. Any of you guys in the SFV should roll by and we can go run them down!! :v
Old 05-05-2005, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
A friend of mine and myself have a small meet Tuesday nights at 8pm at the Topanga Starbucks in Woodland Hills. For the past 4 or 5 meets between 8:30 and 9:30, an M5 and an M6 roll by on Ventura Blvd. They always catch the light and then continue west on Ventura. They both have two tone bodies (black with grey on the bottom), quad exaust and the fender grilles like the E46 M3 and they just look generally suspicious. Hard to miss them. Maybe one of us forum members will have a run in with one or both of them. I always have my camera in the car and will try to get some footage next time. They may do it every night but its definetly Tuesdays at the very least. Any of you guys in the SFV should roll by and we can go run them down!! :v
I see them a couple of times a week. I live near Oxnard where the Western BMW plant is located. The new M's sound just like an Indy car.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
I've seen them too . . . down near Venice and Santa Monica . . . I got stopped next to one at a traffic light and noticed a LOT of test equiptment on the passenger floorboard. (I was in my pickup). I think they are doing EPA testing or something similar cause every time I see one, the driver is just idling it around . . .
Old 05-06-2005, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E55 Techtite over Blue Leather.
I live in Calabasas... That sounds like it would be fun to keep up with those
guys and watch them try to give us the "ol 86"
Old 05-06-2005, 02:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by VelocitE55

i have a ton of pics of these cars. a friend was involved in a wreck with the M5 and the M6 about a month and a half ago. i am trying to up-load them but the server is being a pain.

as for running from these guys...they have no idea how to drive so dont get to excited if you see them. they are just people paid to drive those cars for 100k miles for emissions testing.

i have been taking photos of these guys for years in Z4's X3's all the M cars and the 5's (all when they were prototypes).

some nights they will really make you run to keep up...other days they just dont care...but some days its a 3 car race at 120 through the hills