Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still got the SRS light....anyone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Still got the SRS light....anyone

had any luck or new problems with this? Apparently Montvale is telling my tech that there are numerous cars with this problem in the Northeast and South FL. So far, have new wiring harness, driver's airbag, drivers' door bag, and seatbelt latch. Sure would like to know if someone else has it or has seen a fix...
Old 05-05-2005, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 Evosport I & II; VRP H/E
It happened to me. This is what appears on my invoice (covered under warranty). It's all gibberish to me, but maybe this will help your SA:

Defective clock spring contract ring codes 9103, 9123, and 9001. non-time diag and elec testing test drove. verified srs light and malfunction disply on. steering wheel controls inop. and manual trans mode in "2" checked system for codes. found ab codes 9103 and 9123. scm code 9001. performed guided electronics tests for fault codes. r/r driver's airbag. checked for alternating voltage of 4.0-9.0v at steering wheel buttons. not voltage found. r/r steering wheel. checked wires from horn/airbage clock spring contract to steerign sheel buttons short circuit and open circuit. r/r/ steering angle sensor, r/r steering wheel adjustment switch, r/r cruise control switch, r/r turn signal combination switch, r/r steering column tube with steergin column module. checked all contacts and connectors. found ok. for testing purposes, replaced steering column module and performed initial startup of control unit. reassembled car. test drove. complaints still exist. d/a steering column again. reinstalled old steering column module. replaced horn/airbag clock spring contact wheel. erased codes. test drove 5 miles. reinitialized tire pressure monitor. performed functions test-ok.

I haven't had any problems since. Good luck.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55
I had the same problem, defective clock spring. Special order part took a week to get and they wouldn't let me have the car until repaired due to "Safety". I still don't know what a clock spring is but no problems since.

----
Old 05-05-2005, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
I don't think that's been done to this one...

but the wrench thinks he's found a defective wire in the next harness that ties together the two side bags and curtains. News soon. We'll see.