W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well looks like our high horsepower reign is slowly coming to an end.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
People tend to believe everything they read on the internet. The car shown is based on another GM car that was overhyped and undersold in the US, namely, the GTO. Considering Buick is one of the marques that is in danger of going under, would you really think they would bring out a car based on a model that didn't help the other troubled brand??? Also, why would they develop a whole new twin-turbo V6 when the remarkably capable LS2/LS7 engine is already available and capable of the same power, not to mention more torque?? There's more than a few photochops running around for a new GNX/Grand National. This one's the best one so far and folks are buying it hook line and sinker.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by medici78
People tend to believe everything they read on the internet. The car shown is based on another GM car that was overhyped and undersold in the US, namely, the GTO. Considering Buick is one of the marques that is in danger of going under, would you really think they would bring out a car based on a model that didn't help the other troubled brand??? Also, why would they develop a whole new twin-turbo V6 when the remarkably capable LS2/LS7 engine is already available and capable of the same power, not to mention more torque?? There's more than a few photochops running around for a new GNX/Grand National. This one's the best one so far and folks are buying it hook line and sinker.
if it is made up than my bad. but the v6 mentioned is probably gm's most durable engines made and has been around for a long time. just beef it up and put tt's on it.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:36 AM
Banned

if it is made up than my bad. but the v6 mentioned is probably gm's most durable engines made and has been around for a long time. just beef it up and put tt's on it.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
None of these so called high HP cars will be able to run low 4's and high 11's on the 1/4 mile. As me all know, it takes more then high HP to make a car go fast

Last edited by 04E55 AMG; 05-07-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
I know I've read a lot about the GTO having troubles with wheel hop. That certainly wouldn't help launching it. Ditto on the lack of GTO sales. If they can't sell it as a Pontiac, they probably won't try as a Buick.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:34 PM
MBH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
medici,

Being a Buick GN owner from the 80's I was shocked to see this as well.I really never believed that Buick would ever bring back the GN. Back in those the days the stink was the GN/GNX outran just about anything from Detroit including the Vette. The Vette was GM's benchmark for performance.It took Chevy a few years but they answered back in 1990 with the ZR1 and from that day on Chevy did everything to keep the Vette on top for GM. I believe this will hold today with the new LS7 engine for the Z06. I just can't see GM giving the thumbs up to a new Buick that could possibly outrun a new Vette?? Plus it doesn't help that the Buick brand is in the toilet. Personally I believe that GM will can Buick sometime in my lifetime,they already did it to Olds and Buick is next. A new GN/GNX isn't going to help them at this point.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:30 PM

Buick is being eliminated by spring of '06. Hopefully the GNX concept will be worked into another line. Nothing like competition to drive the evolution of better cars.

My $10,000 86 944 turbo is faster than my E55. That doesn't make the E55 any lesser of a car.

If the new M5 is indeed faster than the E55, especially if only measureable in conditions that could only be reproduced in an abandoned airstrip, I'm not going to lose any sleep. Just like if I saw a woman with a larger chest than my wife's, I'm not going to start drawing up divorce papers.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by VelocitE55
How lame can GM get? Gee, lets take a Holden Monaro and rebadge it as a Pontiac GTO. Now lets take the same POS and badge it as a Buick GNX. Where is their creativity? With the history of the GNX, they should have put a little more effort into it! Bunch of morons over there.

Where is MB's creativity? Can 99% tell the difference between E55 and E500 or E500 with sports package? WHat if E500 owner will put e55 AMG on the trunk lid -----I'm sure he will confuse 99.9% people on the streets.

That Buick , if released at $38000, does not need any creativity, since you get very little creativity going from E500 to E55.