W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I insane for even thinking about this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
Am I insane for even thinking about this?

Hi all,
Well, not sure what happened with MY car but the bottom line is it won't be ready for us to get this weekend which means we likely have to let it sit at the dealership for 2 full weeks before we can get it. I've just called around and found an Obsidian Black one that has most of the options we wanted in the first place. Am I insane to be seriously thinking about going and getting thisone after waiting 9 months for the one that is sitting somewhere at the VPC? I am literally sitting here stunned that this is happening.
Kim
Old 05-06-2005, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
What options would you be giving up.....be interested to hear which ones.

Please tell me it has Bi Xenons?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
I'd wait two more weeks. Can't blame you one bit for thinking about it, though.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
What options would you be giving up.....be interested to hear which ones.

Please tell me it has Bi Xenons?
Hi there,
It has the lighting package. What it was missing that we have it the auto liftgate, tire pressure monitor and the maple instead of the burl walnut.
Kim
Old 05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Kim

In 2 weeks the wait will be over whether you get the other car or not. You will have the car that you bought for the remaining time of ownership. In time, the 2 weeks will be nothing but a flash of memory. Ask yourself which car you would rather be driving during the period 2 weeks until ????? and make your choice. I would wait. Remember, suffering builds character (or at least that was what I was told about a thousand times in the army).

Good luck.

Billy
Old 05-06-2005, 08:12 PM

Mercedes Benz
I'd go for it. I'm not to crazy about the auto liftgate, tire pressure monitor and the maple instead of the burl walnut.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Wait it out. 2 weeks isn't as bad as you think. Plus, you'll be getting the car strictly made for you.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:41 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
I'd wait, too. Getting the car that's your own "baby" gives you a great feeling when you stand in front of it for the first time
Old 05-06-2005, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
-wait-

no regrets..
Old 05-07-2005, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Insane for thinking about it? No. Insane if you go through with it? A little.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
tough one....

so they DID make an auto liftgate?!? It wasn't available when I spec'ed my car out. Going to try and retrofit it into mine....

BTW, wait. You'll be happy that you did.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:36 AM
Almost a Member!

05 E55
Hard as is may be to resist, I say wait. It might help if you found out how many miles are on the second choice.

---
Old 05-07-2005, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
God! you sound like an impatient spoiled child...

Originally Posted by Lady Wolf
Hi all,
Well, not sure what happened with MY car but the bottom line is it won't be ready for us to get this weekend which means we likely have to let it sit at the dealership for 2 full weeks before we can get it. I've just called around and found an Obsidian Black one that has most of the options we wanted in the first place. Am I insane to be seriously thinking about going and getting thisone after waiting 9 months for the one that is sitting somewhere at the VPC? I am literally sitting here stunned that this is happening.
Kim
Grow up what's 2 little weeks compared to the time you've allready invested wating for the 1st car w/all the options? I can't even believe you posted this, your pathetic????.... I'm a little baby, I want my new car now!!!! Or I'm gonna throw a tantrum whaaaaaa!!

Last edited by Thericker; 05-07-2005 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:11 AM

2012 C63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by thericker55
Grow up what's 2 little weeks compared to the time you've allready invested wating for the 1st car w/all the options? I can't even believe you posted this, your pathetic????.... I'm a little baby, I want my new car now!!!! Or I'm gonna throw a tantrum whaaaaaa!!

A little harsh but you have a point.
Just wait for the damn car Lady Wolf.

If you but a car that's already on the showroom floor, why did you wait 9 months? You probably could have bought a showroom car 9 months ago!!
Old 05-07-2005, 02:16 AM

Hi all,
You know what's funny. It isn't the 2 weeks that is actually bugging me. It's the lack of respect involved in not even making a single call over a weeks time to actually make sure the car was there. He ASSUMED it would be because he was told Thursday would be no problem and we were not coming until Saturday. I left messages on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday to verify it was there. Had he picked up a phone to check with the first call it would have been ready. I am not worried about the damn 2 weeks. I hate giving the commision to someone who has that little respect for me as a customer. We bought a car from him in December and want to buy another this weekend. I think that deserves some followup.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:25 AM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Hi all,
You know what's funny. It isn't the 2 weeks that is actually bugging me. It's the lack of respect involved in not even making a single call over a weeks time to actually make sure the car was there. He ASSUMED it would be because he was told Thursday would be no problem and we were not coming until Saturday. I left messages on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday to verify it was there. Had he picked up a phone to check with the first call it would have been ready. I am not worried about the damn 2 weeks. I hate giving the commision to someone who has that little respect for me as a customer. We bought a car from him in December and want to buy another this weekend. I think that deserves some followup.
I'm amazed that they're not hand holding you through the entire process. My sales guy would call me almost daily as we were getting down to the delivery of my sled... for almost $100K it shouldn't be any other way!

That aside, I'd wait based on the maple trim alone... IMHO it makes the interior that much more sporty.

~ Ian
Old 05-07-2005, 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
If you would've posted this 1st....

Hi all,
I would have retorted differently or not at all, but I was judging you by what you 1st wrote, now you sound like you totally changed your story I'm sure they want to sell you the car, you just sound very impatient and used to being catered to......Take a deep breath and relax everything will work out...It's just a car
Old 05-07-2005, 05:34 AM

04 W211 E55 AMG
Wait for it

No matter what situation, u shoild wait for your customize one, I pretty sure someday u will regret why I didn't wait....this one is missing ????? that I really want it now on this car. For this kind of money, u really want something that u really want and have in your mind at the first place.

I know may be the sales person is no good, but don't let him ruin your baby....
Old 05-07-2005, 08:45 AM

2001 E55 & 1988 BMW M6
Hi all,
drop your salesperson... talk to the sales manager, and explain this element to him [try not to stomp your feet, or loose your cool...], and ASK him what he would propose to do, to KEEP you as a satisfied, repeat customer. See what he offers - if it's meaningful to you, take the deal - if he blows you off, I'd take my case to the owner, and give him the same opportunity. If, after this, you're still not satisfied, I'd walk.

The key is for them to see you as totally reasonable, AND willing to have the patience needed if you were to drop them.... just my thoughts on how maybe to turn this around.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:57 AM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Originally Posted by M6toE55
drop your salesperson... talk to the sales manager, and explain this element to him [try not to stomp your feet, or loose your cool...], and ASK him what he would propose to do, to KEEP you as a satisfied, repeat customer. See what he offers - if it's meaningful to you, take the deal - if he blows you off, I'd take my case to the owner, and give him the same opportunity. If, after this, you're still not satisfied, I'd walk.

The key is for them to see you as totally reasonable, AND willing to have the patience needed if you were to drop them.... just my thoughts on how maybe to turn this around.
I whole heartedly agree. Since buying 2 E's in 2 years I have learned that sales people come and go with the wind. I deal with the sales manager. He's the boss of the deal anyway. I have found that the salesmen don't know nearly as much as most people on this forum. I routinely tell the guys/gals about things in the pipe way before MB tells them about them.

Buy the car from the dealer that is closest to you and that you have confidence in repairing your car. Sales is only the first step in ownership. Service is who you have to live with for the life of your car.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Almost a Member!

ladywolf, you should have made that clear in your first post regarding the "follow-up" thing.

Anyhow, it sucks to have a saleman acting like yours. But what can you do? I'd rather wait cuz I simply cannot not stand maple-wood (no offense to other members). Wait for two weeks, get the car delivered, then give him a low score on the MB survey. AND IF you and your husband buy another car from that dealership in the future, simply tell the sales mg. to give you another salesman to work on your deal!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by IanSL55
I'm amazed that they're not hand holding you through the entire process. My sales guy would call me almost daily as we were getting down to the delivery of my sled... for almost $100K it shouldn't be any other way!

That aside, I'd wait based on the maple trim alone... IMHO it makes the interior that much more sporty.

~ Ian
Hi there,
I think part of the problem is that I am dealing with a manager. He's too busy to really care about us one way or the other and his therory is that if we don't buy a car someone else will. I know for a fact we have not once gotten a phone call from him that we did not initiate. He returns calls occasionally after one message more often than not after several. Oh well, it's not my choice anyway as Wolf will do what he wants to do.
Kim
Old 05-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Almost a Member!

stick with what you had order cuz it's only two weeks.

On the day u pick up your car, TELL both salesman AND the sales-mg. how disappointed you are. Also, tell them that you will be sure to mention your dis-satisfastion when MB calls you for the survey.