Sponsored by:

Pics of New Audio System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Pics of New Audio System

I just had Ai design in New York install a serious upgrade to my factory audio system on my w211. The best part is the head unit stayed exactly the same. GPS and all. Absolutely no change in user functionality and ease of use. The only difference is the the incredible sound. It is like a totally different system. I know this is saying a lot from a system that is already very good. However, the clarity of my new system is unbelievable, very crisp with no distortion even if you crank the volume.

The system includes the following:
JL Audio 10W3v2, 10" Subwoofer
JL Audio XR650-CSi, 6.5" 2-way component speakers front
JL Audio XR650-CSi, 6.5" 2-way component speakers rear
JL Audio 500/5 Amp, 500 Watt 5 Channel Amp

The speakers were placed in the original speaker housings so you can't tell that any modification was done until you pop the trunk. I am very pleased with the custom install for the subwoofer enclosure and the amp placement. Everything is out of the way and does not take up much valuable trunk real estate. They wrapped the sub enclosure in leather with a really cool cross stitch pattern. Much better then those enclosures covered with rugs. Hope you like it as much as I do. However, you can't really appreciate this mod until you hear it. Really unbelievable.

Also, if you are in the New York area and want to totally change the way your system sounds, I can't recommend the guys at Ai Design enough. Top notch. I am already planning some more work with them for some other things I don't need but have to get.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of New Audio System-trunk-view.jpg   Pics of New Audio System-trunk-close-up.jpg   Pics of New Audio System-amp.jpg   Pics of New Audio System-front-door-speaker.jpg   Pics of New Audio System-rear-door-speaker.jpg  

Old 05-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Dang that looks fantastic. If you don't mind, how much did that cost in labor?
Old 05-22-2005, 02:46 AM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
I've seen numerous examples of what AI does in New York and I'm still looking for SOMEONE/ANYONE in Southern California Car Country who can do work of similar quality... Anyone know?

~ Ian
Old 05-22-2005, 05:27 AM

Congratulations Truly amazing I’ve been on their website a million times and every time I’m on it I wish I knew someone here in the UK with the same level of quality, finish and class That AI achieves. PLEASE post more pics in the day time
Old 05-22-2005, 05:48 AM

07 CLS550 & 07 Accord
nicely done!!! very clean....
Old 05-22-2005, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by Rev It Up
I just had Ai design in New York install a serious upgrade to my factory audio system on my w211. The best part is the head unit stayed exactly the same. GPS and all. Absolutely no change in user functionality and ease of use. The only difference is the the incredible sound. It is like a totally different system. I know this is saying a lot from a system that is already very good. However, the clarity of my new system is unbelievable, very crisp with no distortion even if you crank the volume.

The system includes the following:
JL Audio 10W3v2, 10" Subwoofer
JL Audio XR650-CSi, 6.5" 2-way component speakers front
JL Audio XR650-CSi, 6.5" 2-way component speakers rear
JL Audio 500/5 Amp, 500 Watt 5 Channel Amp

The speakers were placed in the original speaker housings so you can't tell that any modification was done until you pop the trunk. I am very pleased with the custom install for the subwoofer enclosure and the amp placement. Everything is out of the way and does not take up much valuable trunk real estate. They wrapped the sub enclosure in leather with a really cool cross stitch pattern. Much better then those enclosures covered with rugs. Hope you like it as much as I do. However, you can't really appreciate this mod until you hear it. Really unbelievable.

Also, if you are in the New York area and want to totally change the way your system sounds, I can't recommend the guys at Ai Design enough. Top notch. I am already planning some more work with them for some other things I don't need but have to get.

Agree! Great bunch of guys. Shipped my car up to them several months ago and they did my radar install and Kleemann mods. Did not have it in the budget to to what you did with the sound. They did mention it to me but the stock sound with the Sirius is tolerable.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:12 AM

90 300E, 03 E55 Black designo, 06 IWC CLS55
MATTAR I have sent you PM. Check it out my friend.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Nice setup. Do you have experience with other sound systems? I am asking htis because I would like to hear your opinion on the different companies. I never heard jl speakers (heard plenty of jl subs). Does 1 12w3v2 put out enough bass? I had 2 12w6's in my 300E running off a ppi art series A600.2 and it sounded good but it all got stoledn. I am installing some jl 6x9's in a caddy today so maybe i'll get a first hand experience on what they sound like today. I personally like mb quart speakers, ppi amps, and jl subs.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:06 AM

E55
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Nice setup. Do you have experience with other sound systems? I am asking htis because I would like to hear your opinion on the different companies. I never heard jl speakers (heard plenty of jl subs). Does 1 12w3v2 put out enough bass? I had 2 12w6's in my 300E running off a ppi art series A600.2 and it sounded good but it all got stoledn. I am installing some jl 6x9's in a caddy today so maybe i'll get a first hand experience on what they sound like today. I personally like mb quart speakers, ppi amps, and jl subs.
I didn't really know anything about audio sound systems. Only knew that I wanted it to sound better. I really left it in the hands of Ai to direct me. However, now that I have it, I am leaning more about the craziness. You can really go nuts with this part of the car. There is really no end to how much you can spend on a sound system. Good luck with your JL install.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:29 AM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by IanSL55
I've seen numerous examples of what AI does in New York and I'm still looking for SOMEONE/ANYONE in Southern California Car Country who can do work of similar quality... Anyone know?

~ Ian
There is a place called the Autophile. Not sure where he is located, not sure how his installs are, but he used to have all high end stuff, so I he is at least worth taking a look at. That's who I had get me my velodynes for my car. Now they are just beggingto be put into the beast.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
Originally Posted by Mattar
Congratulations Truly amazing I’ve been on their website a million times and every time I’m on it I wish I knew someone here in the UK with the same level of quality, finish and class That AI achieves. PLEASE post more pics in the day time
Birds UK...can do everything for YOU...
Old 05-23-2005, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by IanSL55

~ Ian
Try these guys... http://reusaudio.com/contact_us_X.html

They conduct transactions accordingly.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
So fresh and so clean...I love it!~!
Old 05-23-2005, 09:31 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Rev,
Did they remove the stock Woofer and replace it with the JL 10"? If so do you know how difficult it was too remove. It your sub ported or in a sealed box?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:12 PM

I think it looks very clean, which is a must for these kinds of installs. I used to have a competition quality system in my first benz, but then moved on to AMGs. I have found the Harmon Kardon to be quite adequate, and although I am sure there is room for improvement, have chosen to put the money elsewhere. Benz's aren't as well sound insulated anymore anyway. I am glad you are happy. I still think that the JL 10's are some of the best 10's out there.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What is the depth of the sub enclosure? Trying to figure out how much room it takes. Which way is the sub firing? How well does the bass make it out of the trunk and into the car? My M3 was a biiaatch to get bass out of the trunk with all the sound insulation. Very clean, very nice.