W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Okay, taking er in for service tomorrow....1st time with mods.....SCARED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Ian,

All valid points. You are right, a risk always exists when you start modding and the risk tolerance is always up to the owner. In this case, they would have to prove that whatever failed was directly related to my mod which I feel is slim.

Kleemann has started offering a complete warranty on all work via a outside insurance company for those who like a higher comfort zone. It is like your MB warranty which covers everything in case of failure. Owners who do invasive mods like adding a SC to a NA car sometimes go for this.

I have modded many cars in the past without issue. The key is to research all companies and go with a proven mod.

Modding is not for everyone.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
I asked my dealer if they would service my E55 if I upgraded to Kleemann parts and they said no problem. They have several customers who have upgrades and routinely work with Kleemann if there is a problem. They have even offered to do the upgrades if I can get the parts. I think they like making money!

I suggest not saying anything because unless there is a problem ECU flash is not detectable as far as I know.