Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
***Updated***Okay, taking er in for service tomorrow....1st time

Swear this is exactly as it happened.

First time EVER taking a Benz in for service and I decide to try the new dealer on the south side of Salt Lake Valley.

I show up and bout 15 mins after they open and I am the only one there....rememeber it's brand new and way out in the middle of nowhere.....planning for Urban Crawl to make it there someday.

Anyway walk into the service manager office and there is a guy literally the size Lou F (The Hulk) sitting there writing..

I stand there...he sees me...and keeps working. After bout one minute....I say "good Morning"

He looks up about to break into Roid Rage....."YES".....

I am like (scared now...again I'm a big guy, but not Old Arnold size) .."well, uhhhh, I am kinda here for service....LOOK, I gotta meeting....yeah a meeting...lemme go and I will call ya back"

He snips at me.....what's your name....he checks it...."look YOU didn't make an appointment....I have no loaners for you"

I keep my cool for fear of death, and explain that I talked to him last week and he said he would pencil me in. He rips open his drawer and sees my name he wrote in.

He then starts to realize that it's his F up and that I am ready to walk.....I sense the conversation starting to tilt my way....

I stay in there and keep working him and by the end, we were talking about how he does shows and is hoping to go big time....I offered to Voice some intros for his shows for free and I think I got a service friend for life.

He was cool with the mods and wrote down not to change the harmonic balancer.

***NOTE TO ALL MODDED GUYS**** He did mention that the new recall DOES include a harmonic balancer replace..so unless you tell them not to.....you are getting one and will be busted when your old belt does not fit.

Whew....I haven't been that nervous, since I almost plowed a car when I was road racing and cutting in and out of lanes.....never do that again (well to that extreme) I was an idiot..I admit it.

And THAT was Jakpro1's first ever Mercedes experience with service.

Can you imagine if Corp heard my story....that guy would be toast.

Hopefully if you Corp guys are reading.....give him a break...he actually turned out to be okay...just stuffed full of Roids...yikes.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 CLS63
the service industry has changed over the years for the worse...some people think i expect too much...they expect too little...reason why nobody cares anymore...in you situation, you didn't have much choice.

i always vote with my dollars.

why is there a recall on the balancer??

jackpro...i use to work at Houston Raceway Park (NHRA) for 7 years buying advertising and public relations. did you do the voice overs for the supercross?? i so, i contacted you to do some work but you were under contract with ama you told me. n.s. did alot of radio spots for us
Old 05-23-2005, 12:48 PM

Now just don't forget him when x-mas rolls around, and you should be set.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Banned

hey jak, are you sure you didnt say GOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOONING!!! ITS MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY AND IM HERE FOOOOOOOOOOOR MY APPOINTMENT!!!!!