Sponsored by:

Mesh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 E55
Mesh

I painted my foglight mesh... Original color as you all know is black.. I painted mine silver to see how it would look and now that I know how it looks, I'm gonna dip them in chrome instead.. What do you guys think? stick with silver or go back to black... maybe I should ask this question when I get all of the mesh parts dipped in chrome... I only did the foglight mesh not the centre mesh.. I just wanted to get an idea of how it would look...

I didn't want to take a full front end shot because it would of look totally funny being the centre mesh is still black, and the 2 flog mesh are silver..

Last edited by houston; 05-26-2005 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:13 PM

1998 honda civic lx
i like it a LOT! i think when you paint the center mesh, it will look REALLY good. if your grill is silver chrome especially...although chrome might look good too for the mesh...personally, though, i think you can overdo chrome. i'd paint the center mesh silver then post pics after that so we can see it and give feedback

and your car is hot by the way

Last edited by milllx; 05-26-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Can you give us a pullback pic so we can see the whole car in context....I like what you did. What paint you use??
Old 05-26-2005, 11:36 PM

07 CLS550 & 07 Accord
hmm.... Looks okay but.... any different pic?? can't tell with just this picture...
Old 05-27-2005, 12:52 AM

04 E55
here are some more pics i just took.... I'll try to take better pics the next day or so when there's better light outside.. I didn't wanna do the centre since this was just a test to see how I liked it. I didn't wanna paint it and then have to remove paint before I dipped it chrome.. Since the paint I tested here is just cheap stuff bought from Home Depot. If I were to paint it silver, I would color match my car's color for sure....

Old 05-27-2005, 01:32 AM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Kinda looks like chicken wire, I'm afraid. What does it look like with no screens? Black behind fogs might look good.

I have a silver finished grill with a large MB star on my garage wall. I put it on and it made the depth in the front grill disappear which I did not like so I took it off.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:45 AM

Try the chrome. I for one would like to see it.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Exactly like Vetluver said, the lighter color removes depth. You must be careful because too much paint on such a low density piece makes it look kind of cheap. Even if you were using perfectly matched paint, if you painted all your mesh it would be a pretty conspicuous mod and would probably look something like the work of "Pimp My Ride." Chrome, well thats a whole 'nother story. Personally I'm not a fan of chrome unless its used very, very discreetly and in very small amounts. The stock amount of chrome on an E55 is plenty if you ask me. Once you get into chrome headlamp rings and possibly chrome mesh, the car loses taste IMO. If you care what I think, I say stay stock. I've seen some CLK 500's around here that are brilliant silver w/ silver mesh and it looks like a pretty cheap mod. I did, however, consider painting my mesh in the past so I am not totally against it. Just my .02!
Old 05-27-2005, 03:29 AM

04 E55
here is a pic of NOTKTS's murc with the mesh painted on his lambo

and here is a murc without it painted..

I guess different cars do it different justice..
I will wait til I get it chrome or polished silver .. Polished silver, chrome.. not quite but almost the same.. I prefer polished silver... I truely don't think it's adding too much bling... I just think with the car being silver and all the chrome already, black is just out of nowhere.. If the car was black then I would definately leave it alone... It just seems the black mesh is just the odd thing there.... But it's true that the black does add dept... I guess we'll find out when I go ahead and do it..

ps. I took another look at it and it doesn't look all that awkward... It looks damn nice the way it is now..I still do prefer the polished silver tho... I guess staring at photos really don't do it justice.

Last edited by houston; 05-27-2005 at 03:31 AM.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Try a dark gun-metal color. Very much like the SL-65 wheels but a bit darker. That would look awesome on the car.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:41 AM

04 E55
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Try a dark gun-metal color. Very much like the SL-65 wheels but a bit darker. That would look awesome on the car.

Great Idea.. I think I'll try that first before going ahead on the chrome...
Old 05-27-2005, 04:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by houston
I painted my foglight mesh... Original color as you all know is black.. I painted mine silver to see how it would look and now that I know how it looks, I'm gonna dip them in chrome instead.. What do you guys think? stick with silver or go back to black... maybe I should ask this question when I get all of the mesh parts dipped in chrome... I only did the foglight mesh not the centre mesh.. I just wanted to get an idea of how it would look...

I didn't want to take a full front end shot because it would of look totally funny being the centre mesh is still black, and the 2 flog mesh are silver..

Hmmm, a bit "Lorinser for beginners" if you ask me. Stay with stock black. There is enough bling on the E55 already.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55K
You should paint all front meshes in bumper silver and rear where it black as well...then it would look NICE...

To paint just Fogs mesh...is not is my taste too ricey...You either paint the whole bunch or dont touch it at all IMHO...

Last edited by E55 RUSS; 05-27-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by M5 RUS
You should paint all front meshes in bumper silver and rear where it black as well...then it would look NICE...

To paint just Fogs mesh...is not is my taste too ricey...You either paint the whole bunch or dont touch it at all IMHO...
Why stop there, paint over the headlights too!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Banned

id go chrome. if you didnt like it just paint it black.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:50 AM

1998 honda civic lx
i don't know houston...i really like the way it is now if you could get it completely matched with the car's silver. it is a rather conspicuous difference if you look at a comparison picture of black vs. silver, but if you don't look at a comparison, i think it's not something that would stand out toooo much. it would stand out, but i think it would look good. i don't think i'd go chrome...as i said earlier and others have echoed....you can really overdo chrome. i agree with you though, the black does come out of nowhere...silver really makes it look well matched. as for gun metal, i think you might be introducing the same problem as you had with the stock black - another color out of nowhere. your wheels are not gunmetal, so i think it would look tacky and would stand out a ton to have the mesh be that color. THAT would be something i noticed first and thought was not a good mod. i'd stick with factory paint-matched silver...it looks GOOD! at least give it a shot, and if that doesn't look good...go back to black :p
Old 05-27-2005, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Actually, that's a Gallardo you posted, not a Murci.

Anyway, it does look hot in silver. Give the chrome a shot.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:46 AM

'06 M5
I think the photo you posted looks really good. I would need to see all the mesh though to make a better judgement. But so far it looks pretty cool.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Silver painted mesh on silver cars is a def plus... IMO it gives the car a more agressive look
Old 05-29-2005, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
If you do all the mesh - I think it would look OK, BUT you would probably have to do the grill in silver too.
That would look good.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
No no. Go with the dark gun metal look of the 65 series wheels. Clearly a killer combination on a silver car. If not try out the chrome, and if that too doesnt work out well, just go with the stock black. Black gives it that nice aggressive look IMO, but Gun metal would just be something to drool over.
Old 07-04-2005, 10:56 PM

04 E55
I've decided so far just to leave it at silver for now. I've looked around and couldn't find a place to chrome it.
All of the places I've checked out said that it's made of some sort of aluminum and that it would melt if they dip it.
There's a place around here somewhere that does some pretty funking stuff, but I haven't contacted them yet.
Their website is www.trickfactory.com

Old 07-05-2005, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Originally Posted by houston
I've decided so far just to leave it at silver for now. I've looked around and couldn't find a place to chrome it.
All of the places I've checked out said that it's made of some sort of aluminum and that it would melt if they dip it.
There's a place around here somewhere that does some pretty funking stuff, but I haven't contacted them yet.
Their website is www.trickfactory.com

That front end is ruined.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by The Godfather
That front end is ruined.
i agree looks bad! sorry.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:13 AM
mashimaro1985

i think that front is not so nice the big benz thing in the middle the mesh are awesome =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mesh