W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Our Beasts Shine On the Open Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2005 | 10:06 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
dgussin1,

Whether he's at 140, or at 80, if the tire goes it's not going to be a pretty sight. Hell, driving a car is downright dangerous to begin with when there is public transport, and the bicycle. I don't think you are being realistic by criticizing him for doing 140mph. Losing a tire at almost any speed above 50 could end in tragedy... just getting in the car could end in tragedy.

04E55, don't sweat it. We drive 500hp cars because we want to enjoy them on the street, obviously MB thinks the car is good to at least 155mph, but I will agree with them much above that is pushing your luck - not because of a tire blowing, but just because how anything is difficult to react to in the given amount of time at that speed. I'm happy having hit off my limiter a number of times.

-m
I am not saying that he shouldn't go fast...I drive fast...I have a 730 crank horsepower car...you know, you had that 1000hp supra, right? It is a little different planting it in a wall at 80 as opposed to 140 +.

Like I said, drive fast...just do it by yourself, not with your wife and kids in the car. I don't see why you guys are disagreeing with me. Would you be willing to kill your family because you want to drive fast.
Old 05-31-2005 | 10:42 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
dgussin1,

Whether he's at 140, or at 80, if the tire goes it's not going to be a pretty sight. Hell, driving a car is downright dangerous to begin with when there is public transport, and the bicycle. I don't think you are being realistic by criticizing him for doing 140mph. Losing a tire at almost any speed above 50 could end in tragedy... just getting in the car could end in tragedy.

04E55, don't sweat it. We drive 500hp cars because we want to enjoy them on the street, obviously MB thinks the car is good to at least 155mph, but I will agree with them much above that is pushing your luck - not because of a tire blowing, but just because how anything is difficult to react to in the given amount of time at that speed. I'm happy having hit off my limiter a number of times.

-m
It's all relative and as I said the wife gave me the go ahead. I have family members that drive in Europe all the time at speeds above 120 with the family. This car at 140mph is safer then most cars that I passed that day that are traveling at the posted speed limit of 65mph.

Lets not be to hard on dgussin1 since what he is saying has merit. I do NOT make it a habit to drive fast when my little one or wife are in the car.
Old 05-31-2005 | 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dgussin1
Like I said, drive fast...just do it by yourself, not with your wife and kids in the car. I don't see why you guys are disagreeing with me. Would you be willing to kill your family because you want to drive fast.
It's not your life. There's plenty of self-righteous preaching in the world that it doesn't need to come from some Mustang drivin' kid on a Mercedes forum. Like I said, save the preachin' for Sunday.
Old 05-31-2005 | 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Originally Posted by dgussin1
I am not saying that he shouldn't go fast...I drive fast...I have a 730 crank horsepower car...you know, you had that 1000hp supra, right? It is a little different planting it in a wall at 80 as opposed to 140 +.

I did have a 1khp Supra, but that's not the point... I think people are usually able to make good judgements and for a grown man to do 140 in an E55 on a wide open highway is no reason for preaching. 140mph is a speed done in Europe very rountinely and I just think you're making what he did seem like pulling a William Tell or something... not a big deal my friend.

-m
Old 05-31-2005 | 11:14 PM

CL65 AMG '05
I just think what dgussin mention is fair for everyone to hear whether we like it or not. I for one wholeheartedly agrees with him. I wont let my wife or kids in my car while over 100mph thats for sure. Perhaps its just the way he made 04E55AMG sound like an *** that makes everyone pissed off. Sometimes you just have to post nicely dgussin. We are AMG followers, we are all hot blooded my friend lol. :v
Old 06-01-2005 | 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
It's not your life. There's plenty of self-righteous preaching in the world that it doesn't need to come from some Mustang drivin' kid on a Mercedes forum. Like I said, save the preachin' for Sunday.
Exactly.
Old 06-01-2005 | 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Damn you ******, because of your fighting Derek couldnt read my very reasonable answer to his problem. Seriously come pick me up, cali is only a few states passed texas. Its also next to Arizona/Nevada, where everything is legal.