RENNtech Upgrades

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
RENNtech Upgrades

Finaly we are getting a few aftermarket Mercedes tuners in Australia.
A few local, but overseas trained guys are offering ECU upgrades, pulleys, headers.
RENNtech has just moved in with a new agent in Sydney.
I am considering RENNtech ECU + Crank Shaft Pulley + CF Air Box (+ possibly headers).
Has anybody here got a similar set up on their E55?
I would appreciate any comments, positive and negative, about RENNtech knowhow, support and, most importantly, the improvement in E55 performance after these mods.

Are they as good as stated on their website?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rafal
Finaly we are getting a few aftermarket Mercedes tuners in Australia.
A few local, but overseas trained guys are offering ECU upgrades, pulleys, headers.
RENNtech has just moved in with a new agent in Sydney.
I am considering RENNtech ECU + Crank Shaft Pulley + CF Air Box (+ possibly headers).
Has anybody here got a similar set up on their E55?
I would appreciate any comments, positive and negative, about RENNtech knowhow, support and, most importantly, the improvement in E55 performance after these mods.

Are they as good as stated on their website?
My 2 cents...

RENNTech to me is too overpriced for what it is (who's not anyway, right?).

Nonetheless, if you look at the pulley kit for the E55, you will get ECU tuning, 2 air filters, 1 idler pulley (from another MB engine), and a remanufactured / remachined MB crankshaft pulley. The pulleys look like a student project from a machine shop... but bottom line, it works.

However, for $5k USD, I don't think so.

If you compare their kit with that one from Carlsson, the latter you will notice, is a well engineered kit from the ground up. It has more components, compensating for the changes in the other parasite pulleys, etc. It does not have a modified MB pulley.

So if it works, why not right? To me RENNTech is way overpriced.

Case-in-point, the SL65 ECU Upgrade... I called RENNTech, and they ask $6,800 for it, while another company costs $1,295 - and they get the same results in performance (as proven in my drag runs and as Treynor's).

Most, if not all ECU remaps, come from a limited number of sources in Europe/Germany. So the chances of a private-labeled ECU upgrade is high.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:31 AM

2004 E55 AMG
hey Rafal.. just to let you know.. Kleemann has just got an agent in NSW as well.. pm for the details!
Old 06-03-2005, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
with RENNTech, you get what you pay for... i would go ECU, Pulley Kit, Headers, and Throttle Body!!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by thearle
My 2 cents...

RENNTech to me is too overpriced for what it is (who's not anyway, right?).

Nonetheless, if you look at the pulley kit for the E55, you will get ECU tuning, 2 air filters, 1 idler pulley (from another MB engine), and a remanufactured / remachined MB crankshaft pulley. The pulleys look like a student project from a machine shop... but bottom line, it works.

However, for $5k USD, I don't think so.

If you compare their kit with that one from Carlsson, the latter you will notice, is a well engineered kit from the ground up. It has more components, compensating for the changes in the other parasite pulleys, etc. It does not have a modified MB pulley.

So if it works, why not right? To me RENNTech is way overpriced.

Case-in-point, the SL65 ECU Upgrade... I called RENNTech, and they ask $6,800 for it, while another company costs $1,295 - and they get the same results in performance (as proven in my drag runs and as Treynor's).

Most, if not all ECU remaps, come from a limited number of sources in Europe/Germany. So the chances of a private-labeled ECU upgrade is high.
what pullys are they using from the other engines?
Old 06-04-2005, 07:21 PM

'06 E55
I used Renntech for my W210 udgrades (ECU and CF airbox). The difference over stock was amazing. The airbox was really well built and also looked good, but Im not sure how much benefit you get from it. Im going with Kleemann for my W211 upgrades only because of cost (and to try the company out). You wont be disappointed with the Renntech products.