AMG
M5 with F430 article...

Click here.

What do you think?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Why the hell would you even compare the two cars??
Old 06-08-2005, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ALPINA B12 5,7 Coupe #22/57
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Why the hell would you even compare the two cars??
Probably just for the hell of it, and to find out if it was even possible to compare them. Must be fun to be able to play the 2 of the best cars in their respective class at the same time, dont you think.

Any owner of such a Ferrari would probably have somethingl like the M5, E55 in his garage as his every day beater anyway.

But I have to admit I was a bit supprised of the review....., anyway it was a nice report and fun to read.....
Old 06-08-2005, 07:15 AM

All I can say F**K YOU BANGEL... If it wasn't for your goofy designs I would've been in an M5 by now.... Screw you again.

Last edited by hllatif; 06-08-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
MKW

08 GL450
Originally Posted by Erik

Any owner of such a Ferrari would probably have something like the M5, E55 in his garage as his every day beater anyway.

That's the reason for this comparo. It's not about an either /or decision . The M5 is as close to a family 4 door / "beater" car version of an F430 as there is : Euro-style high rev/ upper rpm power band, driver selectable suspension and stability mgmt programs with class leading handling , seq manual transmission . There are probably many F430 owners/ waiters with M5s coming as a stable mate .
Old 06-08-2005, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by hllatif
All I can say F**K YOU BANGEL... If it wasn't for your goofy designs I would've been in an M5 by now.... Screw you again.
Many of the members in the BMW comunity wold agree with you.
I actually put up a April 1st joke about Bangle beeing fired...... the only complaints I got was when they dicovered it was a joke and not the truth.

I did NOT like the 7 series when it came, I actually realy disliked it. The Z4 I LIKE a lot, the 5 is OK, the M5 is stunning in reall life and the 3 Series it nice.

Dont give it up until you see it live and do a test drive......
Old 06-08-2005, 04:37 PM

ML 320 CDI
Originally Posted by Erik
Many of the members in the BMW comunity wold agree with you.
I actually put up a April 1st joke about Bangle beeing fired...... the only complaints I got was when they dicovered it was a joke and not the truth.

I did NOT like the 7 series when it came, I actually realy disliked it. The Z4 I LIKE a lot, the 5 is OK, the M5 is stunning in reall life and the 3 Series it nice.

Dont give it up until you see it live and do a test drive......
The new 3-series looks like a freakin Mitsibushi from the rear, damn it's ugly
Old 06-08-2005, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
I think from the famous Ferrari VS Lambo VS NSX video .....when they put the M3 on the track, a car that was obviously out of it's class, it wasn't like the car was "miles" behind the others.....I think the "I just couldn't lose the bloke" line was misleading to yet again pump up the M5.

No offense....albeit the flaming will surely begin....but he wouldn't "lose" the E55 on the track either. No way we would win, but to "lose" us on the track would not be happening either.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
I think from the famous Ferrari VS Lambo VS NSX video .....when they put the M3 on the track, a car that was obviously out of it's class,
I guess that statement is a result of lack of knowledge, The M3 CSL is definatly in the league of the Lambo and the Ferrari on any kind of track as long as the track has curves in it. To claim otherwise ist just not true.

.I think the "I just couldn't lose the bloke" line was misleading to yet again pump up the M5.
If I had to place a bet on a racetrack result between this cars, yes my bet would be on the 430. They did however not drive on a track, it was on normal roads and I find it hard to belive that they drove the car as they would have done on a real track

also I would guess that it requires a lot more drivertalent to get the full performance out of an 430 than out of an M5.....

Straighline performance would be very equal, at least as speed increase.
This time the specific M5 pulled away from the 430. Next time it could be the otherway around.

No offense....albeit the flaming will surely begin....but he wouldn't "lose" the E55 on the track either. No way we would win, but to "lose" us on the track would not be happening either.
ehhh, you do not mean to say the E55 is capable to hang with the M5 on a track do you?
Old 06-08-2005, 06:14 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
No one in the market for a F430 would even be thinking about a sedan. It does not matter if it is a M5 or a E55. I agree that a sedan like these would be the family car
Old 06-08-2005, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Yes, I will admit, that was a lack of knowledge...did not know that was a special M3.

Which in fact adds to the bizzarre comments by that driver that he "could not lose the M5". If this is a bone stock car that is hanging with a supercar, then that truely is amazing.

ehhh, you do not mean to say the E55 is capable to hang with the M5 on a track do you?
The subject of flame after flame and I just don't wanna get into it. Only one way we will ever find out how bad it would be.....put the old M5 VS E55. Of course it would beat it.....would it be devastating....???

Gid_E-UP will attest to the fact that the E55 is not the "worst handing car of all time" that it seems to be pegged with at the track. Best....ehhhh, not close, but worst....come onnnnn.

Damn, it will someone please match these two cars up and end this stupid arguement. Course M5 will win.....but will it "lap" the 55.....yeah sure.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:58 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 243 Likes on 176 Posts
Tell us how you really feel!!! :p
Old 06-08-2005, 11:08 PM
MKW

08 GL450

Tain't so bad :

BMWUSA M5 Images
Old 06-10-2005, 12:52 PM

Yes, I will admit, that was a lack of knowledge...did not know that was a special M3.
[/i]
No probs, not that easy to spot the differene unless you know what to look for.
(And the CLS is actually as fast as the AMG DTM and the SLR on the Ring, and those 2 are not excactly slow around that track ) and 32 sec faster than the stock M3 on the "ring", note that the straight line performance is more or less equall M3 vs M3 CSL

Which in fact adds to the bizzarre comments by that driver that he "could not lose the M5". If this is a bone stock car that is hanging with a supercar, then that truely is amazing.
I do not think it is much debate on what car would win a flying lap on f.ex Nurdburgring or any other race track.

But this "test" or "race" was done on English country road that are not known for its hi quality, they are twisty, bumpy and narrow. On such condition I am not that supprised if the M5 turned out to be as fast or maybe faster. At lest when one are not really racing 100%.
To drive a Ferrari close to its potential on such condition requires a driver of reall skills, the M5 is probably a lot easier to drive.

Gid_E-UP will attest to the fact that the E55 is not the "worst handing car of all time" that it seems to be pegged with at the track. Best....ehhhh, not close, but worst....come onnnnn.

No the E55 is not the worst handler, but is was not designed to be a supercar chaser in the twisties either.

It does what it was designed to do, and that it does very good.
It is a highcomfort, luxurius and very very fast limo.

The subject of flame after flame and I just don't wanna get into it. Only one way we will ever find out how bad it would be.....put the old M5 VS E55. Of course it would beat it.....would it be devastating....???

Damn, it will someone please match these two cars up and end this stupid arguement. Course M5 will win.....but will it "lap" the 55.....yeah sure.
If the kill would be devestating, depends I guess on your definition of "devestating".
Many here on the board would state that any loss vs the M5 would be a devestating blow to their ego

I guess we are talking about a diff of app +/-2 sec on a 80 sec lap, offcourse depending on the layout of the track. But this is the result, if we use a well known Euro track as a benchmark. ( Hockenheim racetrack)

Is that devestating, no not really IMO, to lap the E55 they would have to race +45 laps and that is not a likly scenario is it.. :p

NO Euro mag will probably make a M5 vs E55 comparo, the reasson is the MB does not want to do that, they regard the CLS55 as the direct rival.

Thats why every M5 vs MB comparo has been against the CLS55. Not 1 has been E55vsM5.

Last edited by Erik; 06-10-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:03 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
LOL, I too hate the look of the new BMW's (Z4,5,6,7, and even the new 3). Thats the reason why I switched to MB. I love the look of the Benz and I have owned 5 BMW's in the past. I'll never buy a new one as long as they look like crap.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by MBH
LOL, I too hate the look of the new BMW's (Z4,5,6,7, and even the new 3). Thats the reason why I switched to MB. I love the look of the Benz and I have owned 5 BMW's in the past. I'll never buy a new one as long as they look like crap.

Thats OK, would be boring if everyone had the same taste, dont you agree.

One of the main reasson for the extreme change in style on the BMW is,
1. The designer is an american.
2. BMW took a risk and made their style totaly different from everyone else. They loost some costumers, but the sell more cars than ever. They did that in a time where all cars was getting more and more equal, and no brand had really a designe that was unique. At present time BMW has a style that is to some level unique, some like it, some definatly do not.

BTW: MB has made some real classics to.....

This is IMO one of the nicest MB ever made, the Pagoda SL

BTW: Do you know why it was called Pagoda ?

and this is 2 of the most beutifull Bimmers ever produced.

I hope we can agree that both MB and BMW has made som realy beutifull cars in the past. Question is, will in 50 years time be able to look back and say the same thing about the present production line, where most cars are designed by the same "computer" and after the same requirements.

Last edited by Erik; 06-10-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Almost a Member!

to be honest...I cant wait for the M6 and the rumor is the M6csl will be releasesd in a year from now....cant wait
Old 06-10-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by mono2100
to be honest...I cant wait for the M6 and the rumor is the M6csl will be releasesd in a year from now....cant wait
The M6 is out in Europe, the M6 CSL is not confirmed as fast as I know.

The most respected german magasine Auto Motor & Sport did a test of the M6 in last issue and the reults is impressive.
They did a 1/4 run og 12.2@120,85 mph, considering that they never get as good results as you get in the US this is impressive.
13 sec flat for the 0-125 mph, that is SL65 theritory, belive it or not.........
To be fair I have to inform that it was then run at very sticky tires that for sure saved a tenth or two in the 0-62 mph sprint that was 4,2 sec. Thats sub 4 sec in the 0-60.....

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54612
Here is more info if you are interessted.