Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Replacement Advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Windshield Replacement Advice?

My '03 E55 was the unfortunate victim of flying debris, and as a result I need a new windscreen. The lease is up in 2 months, so investing a lot of money in the car at this point is obviously not my goal, but I don't want a half-rate job either. So here come the questions...

- Are all W211 windshields the same (did all W211s have the rain sensor?)
- Approximate cost?
- Anything to watch out for?

Thanks!

- Ryan
Old 06-19-2005, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
My '03 E55 was the unfortunate victim of flying debris, and as a result I need a new windscreen. The lease is up in 2 months, so investing a lot of money in the car at this point is obviously not my goal, but I don't want a half-rate job either. So here come the questions...

- Are all W211 windshields the same (did all W211s have the rain sensor?)
- Approximate cost?
- Anything to watch out for?

Thanks!

- Ryan
My glass dealer could get only stock MB replacement for my E. There were no generics available at the time. They get your VIN and order it according to what MB says it needs. Cost=expensive. I have comprehensive coverage so my insurance covered it. Go to a reputable glass dealer who has done a W211 before. You don't want to be the first one they have done. My guys have done several and they hate to see me coming. They say it is a PIA. BTW I called my dealer to ask who I should have replace it. They sugggested a place that I have used for years.