An open letter to my customers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E500
Thumbs down Bbb

Originally Posted by Frisco
I am one of the people that got scammed, in my case for ~$1500. I looked back through my records, and my wheel was ordered back in April of last year and was supposedly sent out to be CF'd to match my interior. I got all of the same delay excuses, and I've been busy enough that it wasn't really a priority and only started getting concerned in the last month or two. At this point, I don't think I have much ability for any recourse, but I am filing an internet fraud complaint with the US gov't. If anyone has any suggestions, please keep me in the loop.
I was just skimming thru the list & saw this interesting thread. I don't know how big the operation is at HartonMotorwerks, if it's a 1-2 man company...or if it's bigger than that. However, having had experience in the industry (years ago), and operating my own business, I can say that it's not THAT hard to delivery on the goods or complete the transaction by refunding customers money promptly &/or tacking on some benefits for the inconvenience. I used to do what I do....more for the hobby, than to make a quick dollar....but me and my help had fun b/c delivering on products is a good feeling. Doing that back in my college years was fun, but it's definitely not something to make a living out of. Even now, unless you are a top tuner or selling the $6-10k/set wheels, there's not much margin for profit.

From the mixed posts, I can tell that ppl. have had good experiences with this co. before, but it's definitely not been the case lately. I wish all you guys luck with getting your money back. I could never imagine how someone could wrongfully hold others funds when reason has already been shot out the door.

I guess reporting to the Better Business Bureau won't do much good since the co's out of Vancouver.

-=PCH=-
Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 PM

'04 E500
website

I have to add that, just checking out the website for the first time... that they musta spend a good amount of $ on the site development. Hope it wasn't at the cost of some of you unsatisfied customers.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Even if you do sell that 10K$ set of wheels, you're not making that much. After you take in the credit card processing fees and what not, sometimes, if you play your cards the wrong way, you'll end up losing money and what not
Old 08-21-2005, 04:49 PM

E55
Originally Posted by PCH_4.2
I have to add that, just checking out the website for the first time... that they musta spend a good amount of $ on the site development. Hope it wasn't at the cost of some of you unsatisfied customers.

Not sure when you checked the website. I just checked it and it doesn't exist - Maybe Harris turned it off after he saw your post!
Old 08-21-2005, 05:08 PM

'04 E500

Originally Posted by mrankovic
Not sure when you checked the website. I just checked it and it doesn't exist - Maybe Harris turned it off after he saw your post!
www.hartonmotorwerks.com

Still works for me as of 2:15pm PST sunday.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:14 PM

'04 E500
Wink maybe...maybe not

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Even if you do sell that 10K$ set of wheels, you're not making that much. After you take in the credit card processing fees and what not, sometimes, if you play your cards the wrong way, you'll end up losing money and what not
You may have a point. But factors to consider are the 1. the volume moved & 2. price level (jobber, dealer 1/2/3) that is offered/qualified for.

Maybe I'm outdated in my knowledge, but there's got to be a good 10-25% margin on a $10k set of wheels.

HRE's, Maya/Maido & other wheels not withstanding... Of course, on the other hand, image is priceless...so value is priceless. Ppl will pay what 'hits the spot' if the quality/styling/performance aspects are there.

Imagine if we had Hyundai emblems/logos on the MB vehicles, what the values would be. It's all about branding & selling the name.

-=PCH=-
Old 08-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

You're right, brand image does sell a lot. I just want you to know, that the 10% is a lot. HRE has say X percent discount. However, because that X is so high, no one sells it that high, because of competition. So they do X-Y mark up on wholesale. Then you have X-Y-CreditCardProcessing.

Soon, you almost end up with X-Y-CrediCardProcessing becomes easily less than 5%.
Add that to the fact that no one buys 10K$ rims...
Old 08-22-2005, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
he's working out of AXIS AUDIO in B.C. if anyone wants to catch a puddle jumper up there and drive over and bit$h slap him up and down the street. :v
he's usually there in the afternoons.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
5%, 10%. That's nothing. Seems this vendor is eating the whole thing, 100%! LOL.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:13 PM

E500 , G55 , GS300
Originally Posted by BMWEATR
he's working out of AXIS AUDIO in B.C. if anyone wants to catch a puddle jumper up there and drive over and bit$h slap him up and down the street. :v
he's usually there in the afternoons.

u mean harris?
i m going to vancouver this weekend
Old 08-22-2005, 03:20 PM

2011 S550
sorry to say, but ricky the antics by harris will likely affect others trying
to do business on this site.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by laj_e55
sorry to say, but ricky the antics by harris will likely affect others trying
to do business on this site.
You know laj_e55, you're right.
But that's why I do this, I know I have a solid reputation on the board, and everyone knows I'm not going anywhere for a long time.

Even if Euroteck goes under (hopefully it doesn't!!) I'm still going to be here.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:35 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by Frisco
I am one of the people that got scammed, in my case for ~$1500. I looked back through my records, and my wheel was ordered back in April of last year and was supposedly sent out to be CF'd to match my interior. I got all of the same delay excuses, and I've been busy enough that it wasn't really a priority and only started getting concerned in the last month or two. At this point, I don't think I have much ability for any recourse, but I am filing an internet fraud complaint with the US gov't. If anyone has any suggestions, please keep me in the loop.
http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

They don't f@ck around...
Old 08-22-2005, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by x-lounge
u mean harris?
i m going to vancouver this weekend
yes!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E55_POWER

They don't f@ck around...
dude you read my uncles mind! he sent me the link today!! nice! we all need to turn this scammer in.

my uncle said "here Ed sick these dogs on him he ain't gonna like it and i'll post a sticky to the file i generated on him on our data base!"
Old 08-23-2005, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I want to take this opportunity to apologize to Harris and to the Admins, because I think I over reacted after not hearing any updates for a while and assumed the worst after reading some of these posts. I certainly don't know anything about anyone else's dealings with him and his company and obviously can't comment, but I can say that I have dealt with him many times in the past and have generally had a very good experience. The wheel that I ordered has definitely not arrived, but it's not clear at this point why it's taken so long or that the delays are part of any type of conspiracy that he orchestrated. I let it turn into a year because I trusted him, and with any other vendor, I would have been freaking out a long time ago.

He could have very easily been taken for a significantly larger amount of money if he wanted, because he had all of my interior trim refinished in CF right around the same time as the wheel was ordered. So in effect, if this was some huge scam, he could have very easily never shipped me the CF and skipped town with at least 3-4X what I paid for the wheel. Also, in the last year I have been asking him repeatedly about the availability of the CLK-DTM bodykit (over 10X the cost of this steering wheel), and he repeatedly tried to talk me out of it because of the expected lead time and his lack of confidence that it would be a smooth transaction. So overall, at least in my case parts of this never really added up, and like I said, I think I might have over reacted a bit.

He has treated me very well in the past and has contacted me tonight to say that he intends to address this issue, and I can't do anything but trust his word at this point. I bought this wheel over a year ago and have no chance of getting my money back unless he follows through on his word. I have not filed any formal complaints and do not intend to do so for the time being. Many of you might have formed your opinions and written him off entirely based on whatever has been said in these threads and whatever issues that you have with open orders, but based on my experience, I think he deserves at least a little slack and someone stepping up to say that there could be alot more going on that we realize. No excuses, JMO.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Frisco, you have battered wife syndrome. "I let it turn into a year because I trusted him"- my gosh man, buck up. If this making nice is to earn some points towards a resolution, then great. But to brief everyone on all the excuses and the fake FedEx tracking numbers, what gives?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Buck up to what? I never said anything about fake Fedex tracking numbers. I said I'm giving the guy a little more time to settle it, and that's my business. I said that I think I might have overreacted with my comments, and that's also my business. I certainly didn't tell you to believe what I wrote, and you can stereotype however you want because it really doesn't matter to me what you think about me, him, anyone else on this site. Like I said, I have absolutely nothing to gain at this point, and my money is long gone because I'm well beyond the period of charge reversals. If it doesn't get settled soon, my attitude will change. Perhaps what I wrote looks bad to you or any other outsiders, but I for one can't jump on him solely because of what happened with my wheel because it's not clear what really happened with it. I certainly hope it will be settled. Having seen how long the CF people lagged with the rest of my interior trim, it wouldn't surprise me if it showed up tomorrow. And if that happened, I'd feel like a serious jackass for having slammed him so heavily.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
hahaa....must be bribing people into lying about their private episodes.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FRISCO HAS NO RECOURSE ON HARRIS SO HIS ONLY RECOURSE IS TO KISS HIS A$$ and hope for the best..
not trying to make fun of you frisco but i like to keep it real! no one said harris has a conspiracy going just that he has lied and led people on, when all he had to do is contact us and give our money back! (he said he has the money) it seems your the only one who paid cash, so it sucks for you. Me on the other hand it's a time issue which is more valuable than money to me.(and the lies) he's stroking you dude! he only owes you $1500 bucks! i got that in penny's in my safe! he could pay you back but hasn't, cause he ain't.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BMWEATR
I certainly didn't tell you to believe what I wrote.
Hmmmm, that may be one of the best lines I've ever read.

I think your post about him scamming you for $1,500 16 months ago is the tamest of all folks on here who've been ripped off.

It was my mistake on FedEx. It was DbleNckel who made that statement.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
In doing lunch with an attorney buddy of mine.....I walked him over to this post on his killer little net phone/palm thingy....

Anyway, his words not mine and he even sang it for flare "whollllleeeee lotta slander going onnnnnnnn"

Sure hope Harris is not a spiteful man....be careful guys. This IS the lawsuit era.

Final warning from me...now post on.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/117850-one-last-harris-comment.html
Old 08-24-2005, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Only an attorney (other than a state's attorney) would read several specific examples of a business ripping off/stealing money from everyday people and then warn against slander.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:56 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
I'm telling you guys...this is no joke!!!!!

I personally know several people that used the resource above that were ripped off for over $30K...low and behold, they got their money back.

The above link isn't just some private internet organization...it's the FBI and I believe Secret Service. I assume there is some cooperation with Canada and the US regarding stuff like this.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
I'm telling you guys...this is no joke!!!!!

I personally know several people that used the resource above that were ripped off for over $30K...low and behold, they got their money back.

The above link isn't just some private internet organization...it's the FBI and I believe Secret Service. I assume there is some cooperation with Canada and the US regarding stuff like this.

I lost a $15,000 Audemars Piguet watch thru ebay to a scum-bag in Romania last year... filed every complaint I could with every police org I could.. INCLUDING this waste of time .. and so far not even a peep for anyone.

Once your money/item is gone.. just forget it and move on. It's a lot easier to sleep that way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An open letter to my customers