Sponsored by:

An open letter to my customers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55, 2010 ML350
Originally Posted by CE750
I lost a $15,000 Audemars Piguet watch thru ebay to a scum-bag in Romania last year... filed every complaint I could with every police org I could.. INCLUDING this waste of time .. and so far not even a peep for anyone.

Once your money/item is gone.. just forget it and move on. It's a lot easier to sleep that way.
canada is a lot different from romania.

everyone who feels they got ripped off or who have outstanding refunds from harris should organize together. hire one lawyer. contact US and Canadian law enforcement and provide the information to them. if you want to go further, hire a private investigator, find him, hire an attorney and sue him or put a lien against his current business.

just curious how much $$ total is still outstanding from this guy. if you are owed $$ from harris, reply with how much is still owed to you. then all of you can organize together. also a question to ask the lawyer, but is mbworld.org liable in any way since they have harris as one of their sponsors? which correlates to members trusting the sponsor more...

i'm just glad i waited on buying rims from him. good luck guys, this situation sucks.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:22 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by CE750
I lost a $15,000 Audemars Piguet watch thru ebay to a scum-bag in Romania last year... filed every complaint I could with every police org I could.. INCLUDING this waste of time .. and so far not even a peep for anyone.

Once your money/item is gone.. just forget it and move on. It's a lot easier to sleep that way.
Sorry to hear...unfortunately, out of the country deals are hard to really "deal" with, thus the possibility of no response.

For the most part, I just move one as you stated but everything is worth a try.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:47 AM

'19 GT 4 63s ,'17 Bentley Bentayga, '06 Ford GT
I just noticed both this thread and the other one in the C32AMG area after doing a quick search. Harris seems to have missed the SL55 forum for some reason or I'd have definitely posted there. I am in the same boat for a LSD for my SL55. in fact I paid $4,395.00 USD way back in December with the same promise of delivery around March. I emailed him in June and got no response. In the meantime, in around Feb, I was sent the official AMG parts guide in euros from good mate of mine in the parts and tuning game here. Having been originally taken back by the prices of such things as the Nurburgring Suspension, LSD and brake kits, it didn't really surprise me to see that the same parts purchased in europe were about 45% less (VAT free for export). I am currently working with my friend here (same guy who got me the catalog), who is soon to visit Germany and if needed track down the parts I'm after while there. He's also going to put somes calls into Germany this week for me to try and line them up before he gets there.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:45 AM

I heard back from my mate who spoke to his long time contact in Germany, who was able to in turn to speak with his contacts at AMG. The word that came back was as far as both the upgrade SL55 uprated brake kit and Nurburgring suspension kits go, they both have to be built into the car at the factory, there cannot be retro-fitted. Don't think he asked about the diff though by the sound of it..
Old 09-09-2005, 05:54 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
The data in Register.com's WHOIS database is provided to you by
Register.com for information purposes only, that is, to assist you in
obtaining information about or related to a domain name registration
record. Register.com makes this information available "as is," and
does not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a WHOIS query, you
agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that,
under no circumstances will you use this data to: (1) allow, enable,
or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial
advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic mail, or by
telephone; or (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to Register.com (or its systems). The compilation,
repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly
prohibited without the prior written consent of Register.com.
Register.com reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.
By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com

Domain Name: hartonmotorwerks.com

Created on..............: 26 Jul 2002 02:54:46
Expires on..............: 26 Jul 2006 02:54:46

Registrant Info:
Harton Motorwerks
Harris Tsu
1774 West 2nd Ave
Vancouver, BC V6J 1H6
CA
Phone: +1.6047313321
Fax..: +1.6047313385
Email: sales@hartonmotorwerks.com

Administrative Info:
Harton Motorwerks
Harris Tsu
1774 West 2nd Ave
Vancouver, BC V6J 1H6
CA
Phone: +1.6047313321
Fax..: +1.6047313385
Email: sales@hartonmotorwerks.com
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Nice research!!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Also, note that if any of the contact info becomes inaccurate his domain registration can be revoked. It's a rule of domain registration.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
The data in Register.com's WHOIS database is provided to you by .......... The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Register.com.
I wonder if this could be important? Not trying to stir up trouble, just don't want anyone to get into trouble over a slimeball.

Also, have any of you BC residents considered paying our friend a visit? :v :p

Disclaimer: Not suggesting anything.

Last edited by Can Drive 55; 09-09-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 AM

Harris is a COMPLETE LIAR. He is not going to refund anyone anything. He makes all these promises in his emails and cant provide tracking or anything. The check is in the mail. I hope you dont believe this crap.

LETTER CLOSED RIP THE LETTER UP AND THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE BECAUSE THATS WHERE IT BELONGS AND THATS WHAT IT IS.GARBAGE

Remember the song by En Vogue -You're Never Gonna Get It

Last edited by superduper; 09-12-2005 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Reverse Group Buy - list your losses

Originally Posted by Harris
p.s. for all correspondence, please send to my e-mail. I do not encourage anyone to leave your reply here.
Guys, how about this for an idea, to pass the time whilst you're waiting for your refunds... :v

Form a "grief list" on this forum with the amounts you've lost to Harris. Once the list has a large number of names and a big debt attached to it, you can send in the legal debt collectors to BC, a kind of "class action", if you like.
It would be interesting to see how much money in total has disappeared into the "Black Hole of Vancouver"

PS. I was one week away from ordering a set of 19" KLEEMANN TS-6's and PS2's. Pheeew, that was close!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 AM

Yes, Good thing you didnt order from him. Lets not hold our breath, He not going to refund anything. I still havent heard of anyone here getting anything back, I know I havent , only crap emails.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rafal
Guys, how about this for an idea, to pass the time whilst you're waiting for your refunds... :v

Form a "grief list" on this forum with the amounts you've lost to Harris. Once the list has a large number of names and a big debt attached to it, you can send in the legal debt collectors to BC, a kind of "class action", if you like.
It would be interesting to see how much money in total has disappeared into the "Black Hole of Vancouver"

PS. I was one week away from ordering a set of 19" KLEEMANN TS-6's and PS2's. Pheeew, that was close!
I sent him an email again yesterday, spelling out my feelings, especially after reading about all of the others here that have given him money and not received parts. I also copied an email from a UK supplier who's an ex-AMG Germany employee and friends with my local tuning contact,. He states the following about obtaining AMG upgrade parts out of the Factory(ie LSDs,suspensions,brake kits):

"Also with the AMG stuff you want - Apparently getting stuff off these guys is near on impossible. They will only sell to people who used to work for them and only if they fit the parts themselves. If they find out that one of their old employees is selling their products on to someone else, they will stop supplying them completely. So in other words - Good luck finding anyone to sell you the parts."
Old 09-13-2005, 09:33 PM
CHB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'79 300D, '85 300Dt, '99 CLK430
Originally Posted by can drive 55
have any of you BC residents considered paying our friend a visit?

I drove down 3 weeks ago, all there is a bunch of car dealers. I didnt see any signs or anything about his company. Ill check it out again later this week if I have time.

Last edited by CHB; 09-14-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
Originally Posted by CHB
I drove down 3 weeks ago, all there is a bunch of car dealers. I didnt see any signs or anything about his company. Ill check it out again later this week if I have time.

edit: google maps gave me the wrong directions last time. Ill check it out this friday.
he's working (scamming)out of axis audio in b.c usually there in the afternoons.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by OzSL55
"Also with the AMG stuff you want - Apparently getting stuff off these guys is near on impossible. They will only sell to people who used to work for them and only if they fit the parts themselves. If they find out that one of their old employees is selling their products on to someone else, they will stop supplying them completely. So in other words - Good luck finding anyone to sell you the parts."
that is BS...they sell to any company directly or through MB dealerships (at least they do in germany)...I have no problem getting AMG LSDs at all...the only downsides are that they are expensive, don't come with any discount at all and have to be paid in full and upfront.
AMG has most of their LSDs available from stock...I have never been wasting time of these as I couldn't compete with the harris price anyways.

greetingz,
Old 09-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by MBenzNL
that is BS...they sell to any company directly or through MB dealerships (at least they do in germany)...I have no problem getting AMG LSDs at all...the only downsides are that they are expensive, don't come with any discount at all and have to be paid in full and upfront.
AMG has most of their LSDs available from stock...I have never been wasting time of these as I couldn't compete with the harris price anyways.

greetingz,
Well, not trying to add insult to injury, but Stephen, you could own the AMG LSD market since I know and most folks here know, that you deliver the goods as promised. Most of us that ever bought or dealt with you can back you up on that!!

BTW, I have CL55 Euro bumper strips in Silver that you can have back for free since I don't own the CL anymore.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55_POWER

BTW, I have CL55 Euro bumper strips in Silver that you can have back for free since I don't own the CL anymore.

I'll take the Euro bumper strips
Old 09-14-2005, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart

greetingz,
NO ONE COULD COMPETE W/ SCAMMERS PRICES!! LOLOL he was just trying to get our money so he'd sell it for any price. :p
Old 09-14-2005, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Like others I came close to pulling the trigger on an LSD. Harris should look over his shoulder when leaving his place at night. I know lots of people who would purchase an airline ticket and kick his *** just for the hell of it, and then fly back home. You never know who you're messing with. Not that I condone that kind of behavior
Old 09-14-2005, 09:13 PM

greetingz,
Steve, please clarify whether this applies to diff or all the AMG upgrades in general, particularly Nurburgring Suspension and brake upgrade kit for the SL55 (in my case). The part about paying in full upfront makes sense, at least I guess to those who paid Harris upfront like myself(not that it excuses him for not delivering on our parts).
Old 09-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by OzSL55
Steve, please clarify whether this applies to diff or all the AMG upgrades in general
sofar everything I asked for whas delivereable except for codestrings to get rid of Vmax

greetingz,
Old 09-14-2005, 09:30 PM

sofar everything I asked for whas delivereable except for codestrings to get rid of Vmax

greetingz,
Thanks for the clarification. So for example you personally (if you had the need or inclination) could order those parts I mentioned or I could for example go to AMG dealership in Germany and place the order and they would give me the parts without fitting them?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by awiner
I'll take the Euro bumper strips

Send me a PM with your address. You pay packing and shipping. Strips are Brilliant silver.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:34 AM

C63 507
he's a lying pice of ****. ripped me off for $9600
Old 11-05-2005, 11:37 AM

C63 507
Originally Posted by cte430
. Harris should look over his shoulder when leaving his place at night. I know lots of people who would purchase an airline ticket and kick his *** just for the hell of it, and then fly back home. You never know who you're messing with. Not that I condone that kind of behavior
anybody know where he is?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: An open letter to my customers