W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2005 | 01:25 PM

Help Please

In the market for an E55 w211. found one for a suspicisous price. 2003 blk/blk with <15k miles listed for <$25k. does anyone know this person in the wichita, kansas area?

Daniel Marcovik

the pics of the car look great. description says excellent condition inside and out. think possible salvage title? what else could it be? called and left a message but no response yet. trying to get the VIN.

what are the down sides of a salvage title if the car is mechanically and asthetically good? Any members in that area willing to swing by for me? free dinner

TIA.
Old 08-26-2005 | 04:31 PM

something fast
its a scam, why would he not just drive it to a dealer lot and get $50-55k cash on the spot. Where did you find the ad?
Old 08-26-2005 | 05:46 PM

If it is too good to be true.....

Run away.
Old 08-26-2005 | 06:03 PM

found the ad on cars.com. thinking salvage title...oh well if he calls i'll get the vin and check further depending on what he says...if not i'll leave it as a scam. thanks for responses anyways.

*Edit...hopefully i'll be a full time member on here soon as an official beast owner.
Old 08-27-2005 | 02:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Originally Posted by Hansxotic
found the ad on cars.com. thinking salvage title...oh well if he calls i'll get the vin and check further depending on what he says...if not i'll leave it as a scam. thanks for responses anyways.

*Edit...hopefully i'll be a full time member on here soon as an official beast owner.
I can't believe you are so naive to think its there is a remotely possibility that this is true.
Just because they give you a VIN doesnt mean *****. It's not hard to look around for a legit VIN and pass it off as your own.
Even with a salvage title it wouldnt be worth so little.
Old 08-27-2005 | 06:18 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Hansxotic
Any members in that area willing to swing by for me?
There is a member that goes by the name of JackStraw that posts in the SL forum. In his location info under his avatar it says he is from Wichita. HTH
Old 08-27-2005 | 08:06 AM

Exclamation

It's a ploy to get your attention. You pay him $19,000 (obo) and then take over his payments.
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Or.... it's a trick to get your email and phone number.... and then sell it to telemarketers.....

A lot of ads like this in Craigslist.... The latest I saw:
- 2004 BMW 330ci w/ only 7K miles.... asking price: $5800
- 2003 S55 w/ Lorinser kit & wheels.... asking price: $33K

And above ads are local.... Tempted.... but knowing I need to send an email to inquire the address and wouldn't know how this people would use my email address, I decided to pass this up....
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:39 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by zoink
Or.... it's a trick to get your email and phone number.... and then sell it to telemarketers.........
Its easy enough to create a new, fake this use email addy through yahoo, hotmail, etc. In regards to the phone # just claim you don't give out cell #s in your contact.
Old 08-27-2005 | 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 E55
First of all the telephone listed is smth like J2.com number.
It only accepts messages and faxes.

Second of all even with COD Parts Only title - this car worth much much more.

Salvage cars are ok. As long as they fixed correctly.
Sometimes they issue salvage titles to car that have never been in the accident. And some times they leave good title on totaled cars. Go figure.
The only downside of it on newer cars - if you mention it to dealer or dealer finds out - it voids the warranty.
Otherwise it's a good deal. On cars up to 40 grand it gets you 3-7k discount depending on the seller.
On more expensive cars can get you like 10-20-30k off the price.
Old 08-27-2005 | 07:37 PM

as far as the VIN is concerned...i always ask for VIN and matching picture of VIN on body and engine.

did not know people run these scams for emails and phone #s. I've got my cell phone number on telemarketer blacklists and usually don't answer numbers that i don't recognize anyways....thanks anyways....just wanted to get some info on salvage titles...

i'll be owning a beast sooner or later
Old 08-27-2005 | 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
In between being a super hard a$$, the ole man gave me some pretty good advice.

One was

"Don't belive anything you hear.....and half of what you see"

and

"They're is no free lunch"

It's just to good to be true......stay clear.
Old 08-31-2005 | 11:35 AM

just as an fyi...this is the response i got...typical scam that i've heard on the internet.

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apollogies for the late answer but I tried to close the deal with somebody else. It turned out that he didn't have the money. Didn't work out, so, it's stil available...I must thank you for your interest regarding my vehicle. You have to know that the Merecede E55 AMG I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage, no flood or wrecked, the interior looks amazing.

The car is great and I really hate that I have to sell it. I want you to know that I recently moved to United Kingdom, because I found a great job here and for 1 month I am established in London. My wife is british and since I got a very good job offer here and she also wanted to be closer to her family we decided to try our luck here. The car is here with me, but it's register in US, so no import taxes!!! You probably ask yourself why I sell it so cheap! Well, we have some financial difficulties... I have to pay back some loans and also some house's bills in two weeks back in states.You know how it is, I can lose my house.The problem is that I don't have any family members back in states and I have to take care of my problems for myself. I've tried sell it local, but since the car is registered in US, nobody wants it. To register the car here is very expansive. Thats why i'm trying to sell it back to US. If you're interested in my car I want you to know that we'll split the shipping costs, as a sign of good faith. The car will be shipped through FedEx Freight, and it will be insured against all damages.The shipping will take about 9-12 days, depending on your exact location. Let me know if you're still interested so we can move on with this deal!!!

The final price is 19500 USD and I can arrange to have this vehicle carefully and meticulously delivered to your front door at any destination on a licensed, bonded, and insured FedEx auto transporter. A very good friend of mine is working at FedEx Freight for many years and he is offering me very big discounts. Please give me your full shipping address for me to be able to calculate the exact shipping cost.

If you are really interested in buying it here is how we can easily start this transaction:

We will make this deal using the services of SquareTrade, which is one of the most trusted third party companies worldwide. You will send a 50% deposit to SquareTrade for me to be sure that I won't send the car and then you won't be interested anymore. I will not receive the money until you will receive the vehicle. They will contact me when they will receive downpayment and I will immediately start shipping the vehicle. You will have 10 days to inspect the car. If you will be satisfied you will send the remaining amount and you'll be the owner of this excellent vehicle. I'm a SquareTrade member and I'm backed up by them for this transaction. After you will inspect the car you must decide if you want to keep this E55 AMG or if you want your money refunded.

SquareTrade is serious company, whos goal is to protect both the buyer and the seller from fraud in transactions. It is also the most trusted comunity of sellers worldwide.

Here is how SquareTrade works :

- The seller contacts SquareTrade and starts a transaction. Â

- The buyer sends the deposit to SquareTrade.

- After downpayment is confirmed SquareTrade contacts the seller to start the shipping process or to wait until the buyer will come and inspect the vehicle.

- The buyer inspects the vehicle and if it proves satisfactory he will contact SquareTrade to release the downpayment to the seller.

- After that the buyer sends the remaining amount.

I'm legally obligated by SquareTrade to hold the vehicle for the person who will send a downpayment. All the transactions fees will be paid by me.

If you agree with my idea please provide me your full name and address for shipping, so I can initiate the transaction through SquareTrade. After that they will contact you with transaction details, invoice, payment instructions and more information about SquareTrade protection.

Please reply as soon as posible because I have lots of interested customers.

Regards,

Daniel
Old 08-31-2005 | 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 E55
I'm amazed how many people actually still buy this bull****.
I actually know a guy who lost 10k on virtual Bmw 540.
And police ws no help at all.
Old 08-31-2005 | 11:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
P.T. Barnum...... "There's a sucker born every minute."
Old 09-01-2005 | 06:56 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Why not email him back. Tell him you have a USD 50000 cashiers cheque and to return the rest of the money with the car.