Sponsored by:

DVD problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221-S550
DVD problem

I have recently installed a Euro COMMAND by Steve at MBenzNL. The DVD in motion is great. However, this is the problem I am experienceing and wonder if anyone here has seen it before.

On some DVDs, e.g the Eagles farewell tour in Australia, I would play it and stop the car while its in the middle of the DVD. But when I get in again after my errands (few mins to hours, dosen't matter) and restart the car, the damn DVD starts at the begiining again and not at the track where I left off.

It seem to happen with certain DVDs but not all. It does not happen with audio CD.

Is it a problem with the COMMAND unit? NAV drive?

Is it something inherent with certain DVDs and not hardware based, meaning there is nothing I can do about it?

I have a 2004 W211 wagon
Old 09-02-2005, 03:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by flaw
It seem to happen with certain DVDs but not all. It does not happen with audio CD.

Is it a problem with the COMMAND unit? NAV drive?

Is it something inherent with certain DVDs and not hardware based, meaning there is nothing I can do about it?
It has to do with the actual DVD(s)...not with the comand and definitely not with the nav drive

greetingz,
Old 09-02-2005, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221-S550
But steve, what about this reply from you in this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=dvd

"On the older US spec comand that do have DVD playback acapbillity, I only could get the DVD to play while the car was not in motion...and could not get it to play DVD while the car was in motion. Whenever the HU was switched off, the DVD would start at scratch again when switched on...not at the spot where it stopped.
These older US spec comands with DVD playback are only used for a very short while before the real US spec comands were installed...so don't hold up your hopes too high of finding such a comand in your US spec car".

Could I be having the same problem even if I have a new DVD COMMAND??
Old 09-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by flaw
But steve, what about this reply from you in this thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...&highlight=dvd

"On the older US spec comand that do have DVD playback acapbillity, I only could get the DVD to play while the car was not in motion...and could not get it to play DVD while the car was in motion. Whenever the HU was switched off, the DVD would start at scratch again when switched on...not at the spot where it stopped.
These older US spec comands with DVD playback are only used for a very short while before the real US spec comands were installed...so don't hold up your hopes too high of finding such a comand in your US spec car".

Could I be having the same problem even if I have a new DVD COMMAND??
ah...THAT was also the disc that I used in that unit...that same unit is still installed in the dutch taxi I tested it in and works properly with most DVDs.

greetingz,