W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any E55'ers here using Renntech Mods?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
Any E55'ers here using Renntech Mods?

I have been reading all the recent modding posts with interest - many thanks to the guys like Vrus for doing great first-principle approach to extracting more out of the beast, and to all the back and forth posting from the amazingly technically competent group on this forum.

enuff of the asskissing - since I am located in S. FL and Renntech is just up the road, I am considering the Renntech approach. Couple of questions.....

anyone here with an E55 (211) and Renntech mods?
anyone with any experience with Renntech vs. Evosport, Kleeman etc?

all advice appreciated

regards

Siswati
Old 08-31-2005, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by siswati
I have been reading all the recent modding posts with interest - many thanks to the guys like Vrus for doing great first-principle approach to extracting more out of the beast, and to all the back and forth posting from the amazingly technically competent group on this forum.

enuff of the asskissing - since I am located in S. FL and Renntech is just up the road, I am considering the Renntech approach. Couple of questions.....

anyone here with an E55 (211) and Renntech mods?
anyone with any experience with Renntech vs. Evosport, Kleeman etc?

all advice appreciated

regards

Siswati
I had Renntech Pulley and ECU on my 05 E55 and put down 460RWHP and 520RWTQ.

My 04 CL55 with Kleemann ECU, Renntech pulley (virtually identical to Kleemann), Headers, LSD and put down 457RWHP and 487RWTQ.

Spero with Kleemann Pulley, ECU, Headers at that time put down 470 or so RWHP and about 540RWTQ.

All 3 cars were on the same dyno.

Renntech is FAWKIN expensive though, whether you get what you pay for or not is up to you to judge but I will say this...Renntech quoted me like $5 LARGE for the headers for my CL55 and Kleemann did mine for $2500, hell of a bargain if you compare the two. Also, keep in mind that Renntech is charging something like $7K for ECU upgrade for a 65AMG V12TT car. Personally I think that's outrageous for just an ECU upgrade, heck MS Exchange Server was cheaper than that for us and I think Mail Programs should be free

If I were you, I would go with Renntech because they're up the street from you and any warranty issues they will take good care of you. Renntech and Kleemann have GREAT customer service, with the edge going to Kleemann IMO...thanks Cory you da man! Too bad you can't mod my M5 in Nov. Cory

All jokes aside, I think your decision should be a no brainer being that Renntech is so close to you. For the most part, all 3 tuners are good tuners.

Last edited by E55_POWER; 08-31-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:44 AM

'10 E63 AMG
I had the RennTech ECU / pulley, and a rear deck spoiler put in when I took delivery of the car in April. I had nothing to compare it to. I am satisfied with my mods and RennTech's customer service (George is always available to answer question on the phone). Since being introduced to these forums, however, and learning more about different tuning companies, I will probably go with Kleeman when I eventually add a new intercooler pump, LSD and headers. I agree that RennTech tends to be pricey - but, like has already been said, they are right up the road for you and convenient. If you are just doing the ECU / pulley for right now (I think I paid $4950- for the ECU / pulley) its probably a smart thing to go to them. If, however, you are going to get more aggressive with the mods, you might want to look to Kleeman. Spero has nothing but praise for Kleeman - you might want to PM him and get his input, I talked to him at length yesterday about the other mods I mentioned above (his screen name is: "04E55 AMG").
Good luck!
Old 08-31-2005, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Oh Yeah..if they are up the street....spend extra bucks and go Renntech.

Nothing like having the mod done AT headquarters...it will be 100% done right......I love the German guy that answers the phone there.....is that Helmut?

I had mine done at Kleemann Headquarters....wouldn't have anyone else do it....they just LOVE Benz's....well Cory loves Rice too...just pickin Cor.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:21 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
S.E. FLA. Installer

Siswati:
The Kleemann installer is in Tampa. C2 Design / Chris Chapas Ph # 813-223-3744 . Or you can Try Butch Stokes automotive. In Pembroke Park, Between Miami & Ft Lauderdale. Butch can get Carlsson & also has a connection for Kleemann. He is a small shop. Only German cars, Mainly Porsches, NO ASIA cars. The Guy's from Hawk hi performance Marine Engs & Cigarette boats ,bring their stuff to him . E-Mail butchbsa@bellsouth.net or 954-458-0044. He is well known , been there 30 years. Tell him or Jerry , Kissel sent you. Hope it works out ___PTE___
Old 08-31-2005, 01:09 PM

2003 porsche 996tt Ruf, 2005 SL55 Renntech
i'm up the road in palm beach gardens, if you want to drive my car with pully,ecu, airfilters from renntech just pm me
Steve
Old 09-01-2005, 03:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 E55
Sporters 78
I'm also in P.B.G. - Have been looking to possibly upgrade.
Been trying to give my car away ($69.5k), but no takers so may be forced to keep it.

My ? - Does the offer to test drive your car still stand? If I mod I'm going to go the distance. - Headers, Upgraded Cooling, Pulley, & ECU.

Let me know - I'll be happy to meet you where-ever.
BTW - I like to use the B-Line as a test area with the 1/4 mile stripes.
It's at least a decent indicator as to trap speeds when upgrades are done.

Of course the same external conditions are needed. ie: temps, road surface, etc....

Thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 07:58 PM

2003 porsche 996tt Ruf, 2005 SL55 Renntech
ken , get hold of me next week and we can go for a test drive. i'll PM you my cell
Old 09-02-2005, 08:26 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
RennTECH mods

Good morning;
Now that I know that about where you located , Go With Renntech. I'm located south of Stuart and I have seen & talked to 2 guys that have had Renntech Do their upgrades . A SLK 5.5 (05) and a SL5.5 (05) also . They were very pleased, Both were MAJOR DOLLAR upgrades. Jobs were completed in a timely Fashion and both have been out there for 6 months with no issues.
Have fun ___PTE___