W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E55 Track day at Spring Mountain Raceway!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
E55 Track day at Spring Mountain Raceway!!

2005 E55 VS 2004 360 Modena Vs 2005 Ford GT!!

The ford was the fastest hands down, The the E55, then Modena. I was pulling the Modena in the straights very hard and in the turns E55 put space on it. I will post video soon!! The GT takes off after first warn up lap.

Well it finally happened and the wait was worth it. The track is Brand new we were teh first race school to run on it. No apex curbs/candy canes, no clean run outs, little to no rubber on the line. But what a smooth track.

Before I tell my story and post the video I want to thank all the instuctors at U.S Racing Club and the owner of the track Kent B. this school was first class and we had one on one training with pro drivers. The Radical Super Sport cars are fast fast fast.

I was running down a 2004 Z06 with a pro driver driving the Z06 and could pass it at will in the Radical SR3. Great training. When we first got there we had a 15-20 minute class room and then went out to lap and practice shifting with instuctor in the car as we followed the Z06 around track. After that we went for laps with the the instructor driving the Z06 at speed and that scared the health out of me. Z06 is a great track car. Felt very fast around track and I wondered how I was going to keep up with that kind of pace.
But we were taught to look out has far as we could, looking for the next apex, even if we had to turn our head to find it and once you see it you can drive a smooth line to it. That SLOWED the track DOWN for me.

I will post more and video soon we got to run about 30 laps with the E55 and Modena. If we ran 30 laps straight the E55 could lap the Modena but we ran 5-8 laps at a time. The driver of the Modena could only say wow the sedan is pullinf away and then "There goes the MBZ".

I WILL ALWAYS OWN A E55 AFTER THIS. I WAS GOING TO SELL AND GET SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT NOW I WANT TO GET MODDED AND TRACKABLE. I LIKE TO BE UNDER ESTIMATED, THEN MAKE THEM TRY TO KEEP UP. After all it was a Ferrari?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55-030, 2002 BMW 540 Wagon, 1995 VW Jetta GLX
Thumbs up Looking ahead = Fast !!

Originally Posted by draggingcents2
But we were taught to look out has far as we could, looking for the next apex, even if we had to turn our head to find it and once you see it you can drive a smooth line to it. That SLOWED the track DOWN for me.
This is one of the most important lessons you can learn about driving fast. As you are learning to do this it can become a little disorienting, if you were use to looking just in front of the car. This practice diffidently slows every thing down so you can plan ahead instead of reacting. - Bob