Sponsored by:

How do I remove 3m clear bra?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Z06
How do I remove 3m clear bra?

I was wondering if there was any special way to do this...please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Matthew Haynes
Old 09-27-2005, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
I'm not sure mine was 3M (it was installed by the dealer) but this is what I did when removing it:

Prepare a 1:10 mix of soap and warm water (distilled if possible... you don't want any minerals stain your car).

Then, warm up the film... make sure that the film is warm-to-hot (I mean not too hot, not just warm)..... for the hood part, you could warm up your car for 10 minutes.... for other parts, just use hair dryer. This would make the adhesive softer.

Then, go to the sharpest edge..... carefully peels the edge just a tiny bit..... and then start spraying the soap/water mix. This would make the soft adhesive to be even softer.

That's all.... quite hard when you are peeling the 1st edge.... but once it's peeled, it would be just easy.

Just for my curiosity.... why do you want to remove your film, though? I did b/c it started to be yellowish and hurt my eyes.... but now, I regret it every single day as now my car has some stone chips.