New Dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E 55
New Dyno numbers

Finally finished the nos install and was able to dyno. Did a motor pull just for comparison , horsepower was down about 16 to 17 hp from previous time. I think it had to do with the weather tonight. AF on nitrous was very rich but better safe than sorry. Pulls were all done in third did not want to take a chance hitting the V-limiter.
Wish I could tune the ecu !

Attached Thumbnails New Dyno numbers-nosdyno.jpg   New Dyno numbers-nosdyno2.jpg  
Old 09-30-2005, 12:10 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Albert,

You been holding out on me! I didn't know you were playing with the giggle juice.

That's quite an improvement.. How big of a shot are you running? I assume it is a dry shot like Derek?

Awesome numbers!!

P.S-> I am really hoping the water/meth injection will give some similar results.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:20 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm surfing on my cell so I can't really see the images too well, but I just wanted to point out that I live close lujan motorsports. I dynoed my acura tl-s there.

The e55 has been growing on me a lot lately so i've been reading up a lot on it here lately.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Thanks Victor.

Its an nos wet kit with 46 and 22 jets.

Now I'm just waiting on you and marcus to finish the R&D on the exhaust. Both of you guys are awesome contributors to this forum keep up the good work.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:31 AM

'06 M5
Albert,

That is awesome. Congratulations. Could you describe the wet setup in detail? Where did they tap in for the extra fuel?

Thanks,

Darren
Old 09-30-2005, 12:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by rflow306
Thanks Victor.

Now I'm just waiting on you and marcus to finish the R&D on the exhaust. Both of you guys are awesome contributors to this forum keep up the good work.
that's about a 90 shot...nice numbers!
Old 09-30-2005, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by darren_dallas
Albert,

That is awesome. Congratulations. Could you describe the wet setup in detail? Where did they tap in for the extra fuel?

Thanks,

Darren
Darren thanks

I basically just bought an import wet kit from nos. http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...059-1-SNOS.pdf

We taped into the fuel rail on the passenger side by removing the black cap and the schrader valve. Its a dash four fitting which screws right on to the braided line supplied with the kit. These motors run a lot of fuel pressure more than the usual 58-60 psi.

PS: with your set-up 600rwh is doable, fuel pressure was steady as a rock.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:05 AM

2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by vrus
Albert,

You been holding out on me! I didn't know you were playing with the giggle juice.

That's quite an improvement.. How big of a shot are you running? I assume it is a dry shot like Derek?

Awesome numbers!!

P.S-> I am really hoping the water/meth injection will give some similar results.
I would seriously, seriously consider not doing the water/meth...a few reason's why...1) it will not make power on it's own; it will actually lose power if you don't have proper tuning b/c the meth will make the car run rich. If you can't tune it to run leaner it will be down on power. Also, meth's claim to fame is that it allows you to run more timing (where the power comes from)...again, if you don't have a special tune for the meth it will lose power. 2) methanol corrodes metals...any aluminum parts inside the engine; such as your supercharger rotors will begin to corrode after time.

On top of all of that, another claim to fame for meth is that it makes the car run cooler. Well there are several people on the Cobra boards that have run meth and have done tons of data logging for iat1 and iat2 and ect...and not once did the meth prove to have any drop (more than 10*) in any of those categories.

Reasons that Nitrous is better than methanol: Methanol needs a less safe tune in order for it to make power...such as a leaner tune and advanced timing. Whereas Nitrous needs a super rich tune with retarded timing in order for it to be successful. Thus, if the methanol fails (or runs out) and you keep running the car, you will have the potential to cause severe engine problems...unlike on the nitrous car, if it runs out or fails, you will have an ultra conservative tune to fall back on.

With this said, I hope you take my words of advise with more than a grain of salt, as I have nothing to gain or lose by sharing this with you. I highly suggest running n20 if you are looking for an increase of power. I prefer a dry, post maf shot with a custom tune as it will make the most power. Chances are you don't have the ability for custom tuning for a nitrous application, thus I recommend a wet kit. I also suggest starting small with the shot (50 or so) and then slowly move up, so you don't get spoiled with too much power and have to take it to unsafe levels to be satisfied with your power.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
dgussin1 makes some good points re: meth/water injection. Since the tuning software isn't available to the masses, it makes it difficult to take advantage of the full benefits of the meth/water injection. Nitrous will make power, plus the additional cooling benefits, as shown by rflow306's dyno (110 or so rwhp with 90 jets).

I have a C5 with a Vortech on it @ 6psi. A lot of the C5 guys are using meth/water injection with centrifugal blowers (like mine), because they can spray after the blower, directly in the intake manifold. I'm going to spray a 50-100 shot of nitrous on mine, for some of the reasons that dgussin1 stated.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W221 S65 AMG
rflow,

Do you have a stock ECU? Stock pulley? I understand that NOS + mods is a no go?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Alright!! Thanks for sharing this info with us!!

A few questions for ya:
What are you using to turn it on? TPS, or a push-button?
Is it a progressive setup?
Where did you mount the jets? Before or after the supercharger?
Is your car stock or modded? Judging from your baseline dyno, I assume its a very healthy stocker, just want to confirm.

e55 baller, I believe DerekFSU ran a setup that had nitrous and Kleemann K2 mods.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by dgussin1
I would seriously, seriously consider not doing the water/meth...a few reason's why...1) it will not make power on it's own; it will actually lose power if you don't have proper tuning b/c the meth will make the car run rich. If you can't tune it to run leaner it will be down on power. Also, meth's claim to fame is that it allows you to run more timing (where the power comes from)...again, if you don't have a special tune for the meth it will lose power. 2) methanol corrodes metals...any aluminum parts inside the engine; such as your supercharger rotors will begin to corrode after time.

On top of all of that, another claim to fame for meth is that it makes the car run cooler. Well there are several people on the Cobra boards that have run meth and have done tons of data logging for iat1 and iat2 and ect...and not once did the meth prove to have any drop (more than 10*) in any of those categories.

Reasons that Nitrous is better than methanol: Methanol needs a less safe tune in order for it to make power...such as a leaner tune and advanced timing. Whereas Nitrous needs a super rich tune with retarded timing in order for it to be successful. Thus, if the methanol fails (or runs out) and you keep running the car, you will have the potential to cause severe engine problems...unlike on the nitrous car, if it runs out or fails, you will have an ultra conservative tune to fall back on.

With this said, I hope you take my words of advise with more than a grain of salt, as I have nothing to gain or lose by sharing this with you. I highly suggest running n20 if you are looking for an increase of power. I prefer a dry, post maf shot with a custom tune as it will make the most power. Chances are you don't have the ability for custom tuning for a nitrous application, thus I recommend a wet kit. I also suggest starting small with the shot (50 or so) and then slowly move up, so you don't get spoiled with too much power and have to take it to unsafe levels to be satisfied with your power.
dgussin1,

Everything that you said for the most part is 100% correct. Methanol is corrosive if used in a pure form. Diluting it with a 50/50 mix of water takes care of that problem.

Also, I do agree that to take full advantage of the water/meth the ECU needs to be tuned for agressive timing maps. This is not the goal I am after. The purpose of the water/meth system, for me, is to cure the heat issues. I am looking at it as a pure cooling solution.

In the later stages if I need to take advantage of the extra power available I will get someone to tune the ECU accordingly.

Using the water as a cooling apparatus coupled with the EVO cooling upgrade I should be able to bring IAT down BELOW ambient. I have a slick pre & post supercharger spray system designed. I will test pre-supercharger only first... Then I will add the post-supercharger spray which will inject directly into the intake manifolds.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:10 PM

2016 GLC300 sport
Originally Posted by vrus
dgussin1,

Everything that you said for the most part is 100% correct. Methanol is corrosive if used in a pure form. Diluting it with a 50/50 mix of water takes care of that problem.

Also, I do agree that to take full advantage of the water/meth the ECU needs to be tuned for agressive timing maps. This is not the goal I am after. The purpose of the water/meth system, for me, is to cure the heat issues. I am looking at it as a pure cooling solution.

In the later stages if I need to take advantage of the extra power available I will get someone to tune the ECU accordingly.

Using the water as a cooling apparatus coupled with the EVO cooling upgrade I should be able to bring IAT down BELOW ambient. I have a slick pre & post supercharger spray system designed. I will test pre-supercharger only first... Then I will add the post-supercharger spray which will inject directly into the intake manifolds.
Did you happen to read this part of my post.

Originally Posted by dgussin1

Nitrous is actually a very good cooling agent, but what most people don't understand is that they will have to run a huge shot (200+) for the cooling affects of nitrous to be effective.

With that said, good luck on the methanol. If you can, please datalog the car so you can see what happens with the meth/water. Also, if you can...dyno the car before and after. I have a feeling you will lose power on the meth due to it making the car run richer.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Thanks Victor.

Wow, thanks for the kind words my friend!

The availability of prebent 2.75" SS pipe as I mentioned before is the problem, but once I lock in a good source I'll be able to get it no problem.

Marcus
Old 09-30-2005, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by medici78
Alright!! Thanks for sharing this info with us!!

A few questions for ya:
What are you using to turn it on? TPS, or a push-button?
Is it a progressive setup?
Where did you mount the jets? Before or after the supercharger?
Is your car stock or modded? Judging from your baseline dyno, I assume its a very healthy stocker, just want to confirm.

e55 baller, I believe DerekFSU ran a setup that had nitrous and Kleemann K2 mods.
I am using a switch to arm the solenoids and a push-button to activate.
It's not a progressive kit
The nozzle is mounted before the supercharger in front of the throttle body.
The car is stock besides the nos and the K&N's.

e55 baller the next step for me are the headers and exhaust.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Thanks Victor.

Albert,

Sorry I missed this post when I was reading through. You are too kind.

I learned a while ago that Marcus & I are cut from the same cloth and we both can't seem to leave well enough alone. Isn't that right Marcus?

In regards to the placement of the nozzle, that is exactly where I am piping in the water jet. The pre-supercharger location will be the hard plastic Y-pipe just before the throttle body.

The post-supercharger will be the slick one.

Imagine if someone developed a fogger system which went between the intake manifold and the heads where the phenolic spacers currently go. Imagine how well it would cool things down then.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Does anyone have the part number for the y-pipe where the nozzles were placed. It would be a good idea to have a spare to return the car to stock when you take it in for service.
I like the idea of a nitrous system as it might not be as intrusive as other performance upgrades and can be returned to stock quickly if installed properly.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by medici78
Does anyone have the part number for the y-pipe where the nozzles were placed. It would be a good idea to have a spare to return the car to stock when you take it in for service.
I like the idea of a nitrous system as it might not be as intrusive as other performance upgrades and can be returned to stock quickly if installed properly.
Here you go medici, I bought the y plus the clamps.

Part numbers are 52130 plus the number next to the image.
Attached Thumbnails New Dyno numbers-intakepic.jpg  

Last edited by rflow306; 10-01-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here you go medici, I bought the y plus the clamps.

Part numbers are 52130 plus the number next to the image.
Sweet!!! You ROCK!!
Could you tell me how much you paid, just to make sure I don't get hosed?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Thanks

I paid $45 dollars for all three things.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:09 PM

'06 M5
Thanks

Rflow306,

Just to be clear...did you install a nozzle into each of the hoses before they meet in the middle (part #900 & #901), or did you tap into part #890?

Thank you,

Darren
Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 PM

'06 M5
Thanks

Rflow36,

Another question if you don't mind...could you post a pic of how/where you tapped into the fuel line? I think I found the little tube you're referring to earlier, but I'd like to make sure.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Darren
Old 10-02-2005, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rflow36,

Another question if you don't mind...could you post a pic of how/where you tapped into the fuel line? I think I found the little tube you're referring to earlier, but I'd like to make sure.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Darren
Uh oh...do I smell a K3 PLUS NITROUS????
Old 10-02-2005, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Rflow36,

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Darren
Here you go Darren no problem. K3 plus NOS = watch out DerrickFSU

Attached Thumbnails New Dyno numbers-fuel-line1.jpg   New Dyno numbers-fuel-line2.jpg  

Last edited by rflow306; 10-02-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:01 AM

'06 M5
Here you go Darren no problem. K3 plus NOS = watch out DerrickFSU

Thank you very much. That is exactly the part I was thinking you meant. Also, could you confirm you installed each nozzle into the black tubes (part #900 & 910), or the "v" connector (part #890) that you circled on your scanned image.

Great setup.

Thank you,

Darren

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Dyno numbers