Sponsored by:

I think im going to cry...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Z06
I think im going to cry...

Okay, here I go. 2 weeks ago a rock flew up and hit my windshield and cracked it. Diamon-Fusion was on the windshield, but since the past owner had it put on, it didn't transfer to me, so I have a slight cracked that is fixed so it won't spread but is still very visible. Then 3 days ago, an 18-wheeler threw a rock up and busted out my driver side foglight. Had that replaced same day. That night, some car threw up a rock and it hit in between my windshield and sunroof, chipping the paint severely. Estimate= $400 to repaint roof. Yesterday, I was honking at one of my friend's running, and the horn went out. Then, this morning I woke up, only to find that my passenger side foglight glass is busted out. I really want to just ball up and cry. Why me?

Matt

Please god, I just want a break from paying for stupid ****, and make it more useful for modifications. PLEASE!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions to where I can buy a foglight that isn't $250 from Mercedes. Anything helps!!

Last edited by MHaynes772; 09-30-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
karma?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Well , it could be worse......look on the bright side....Katrina could have left you homeless. (BTW....helluva post for my 1,000th , huh ? )
Old 09-30-2005, 12:22 PM

2008 Z06
No, couldn't be karma. I haven't done ****. All I do is go to school, come home to homework, go to bed, and go back. Yeah, I know it could be a lot worse, but it still severely sucks.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:24 PM

2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
Are you tailgating a lot?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:25 PM

2008 Z06
No, I'm really not. I try to stay far back from 18-wheelers and other cars, and trying to quickly get around them when I get a change because they throw so much debris up. Are they're replacement plastic cased foglights? I don't get it, plastic headlights, but glass foglights. Someone could make a killing off aftermarket plastic foglights.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:28 PM

'99 E430
Originally Posted by jugdishoh1
Are you tailgating a lot?
For a sec there I thought you were referring to partying
Old 09-30-2005, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
Are they're replacement plastic cased foglights? I don't get it, plastic headlights, but glass foglights. Someone could make a killing off aftermarket plastic foglights.
Glass is probably required for the higher wattage ( not sure ) foglights and the heat given off in the smaller housings.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:31 PM

04 E500 Brabus Wagon
cry

sorry man, maybe you should consider driving a different route... or ride the bus a few days until the storm cloud passes?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:42 PM

2012 C63 Black Series Coupe
I really want to just ball up and cry. Why me?
To quote a former president, "I feel your pain"...

Try to look at it this way. These things happen in clusters. Once you've done your time, you usually have a nice, long run before the next sh*t storm hits.

Last year my wife and I went through a bizarre patch. First, a dead tree branch lands on the hood of her Lexus. Then she get's rear-ended by a truck. Then her Mom goes into the hospital for triple-bypass surgery. She's with her Mom all night in the hospital; about 3 AM the biggest storm in a great long while hits Sacramento and blows a tree over, knocking out the rear window of our brand-new (less than 1K miles) Toyota Sienna (which, though technically a minivan, was brand new and very loaded). Since it was raining several inches per hour, the van was pretty well soaked when she found it the next morning.

She calls me, sobbing (as in "Why me? Why now?). I get on the phone and find something interesting; since the Sienna is brand new there are only TWO windshields in the entire country. BUT -- one is only 30 minutes away from Sacramento. I drive up, switch cars with her, and am driving the van to have the windshield replaced -- and start laughing hysterically. I'm driving this van but feel as though I'm driving a submarine that had a glass explosion inside. The van is completely soaked from front to back, and the rear/3rd seat well has about 3 inches of water inside. The entire interior is filled with small shards of broken glass, as the rear window literally exploded from the impact. I can barely see out, as the defroster is having a really hard time coping with the humidity inside the car. Plus, it's still raining...

At times like this you have to think about how it could have been worse. If she'd parked the car ten feet further back the car would've taken a direct hit on the roof. As it was the only damage (besides the water) was the glass -- somehow the rear tail-gate was untouched! Finally, when visiting her Mom in the hospital we realized just how trivial a car -- any car -- actually is compared to the things that really matter...
Old 09-30-2005, 12:43 PM

2004 E55 AMG
jeez.. where the hell you been driving? so many rocks?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:48 PM

2008 Z06
MISSISSIPPI! haha Well, I called Mercedes and they are selling me just the glass for $50. So, it's getting better.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
MISSISSIPPI! haha Well, I called Mercedes and they are selling me just the glass for $50. So, it's getting better.
I was pissed about not getting some new "Jordans" until I see the man with no feet
Old 09-30-2005, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Me thinks its time to stay home for a while. Thats an awful lot of **** to have to deal with in so little time. Sorry, but at least you still have a beautiful E55, paint chips, busted windows and fogs or not!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:15 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Matt, I took mine to the dealer after I broke out the fog lamp to replace it and to my surprise they fixed it under warranty. Didn't even ask.

I immediately bought Xpel covers for all the lights and put them on. I haven't had a broken headlamp or foglamp on my MB or M3 since. (Broke 3 fogs on the M3 before putting them on.) They're easy to put on and worth every cent.

BTW Louisiana roads are the only state that has worse roads than Miss. Drive over the I 20 "Ouchita" river bridge and you'll see what I mean. It's scary. Fortunately we're in the process of replacemnt....Great time when I 10 is closed, we have twice the traffic and one less lane. Sucks

Last edited by Vetluver; 09-30-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:33 PM

Turn crap into Gold

Feel your pain, I had bad car luck before but turned it into a good thing, try this one out....I bought a brand new BMW ZCP M3 (black) drove it about 5 times and parked it at work one day with about 500 miles on it (not even broke in) some dumb *** decides he is going to paint a $50.00 piece of junk storge rack with yellow oil base paint, which he sprays and I come out and have over spray all over my car, I take it to the detailer and he scratches the crap out of it and now the cars looks like (well you can imagine) so I take the car down to a cliff and push it off...heres the good part I take the insurance money and buy a 05 E55......what a great happy ending.....hang in there....
Old 09-30-2005, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Okay, here I go. 2 weeks ago a rock flew up and hit my windshield and cracked it. Diamon-Fusion was on the windshield, but since the past owner had it put on, it didn't transfer to me, so I have a slight cracked that is fixed so it won't spread but is still very visible. Then 3 days ago, an 18-wheeler threw a rock up and busted out my driver side foglight. Had that replaced same day. That night, some car threw up a rock and it hit in between my windshield and sunroof, chipping the paint severely. Estimate= $400 to repaint roof. Yesterday, I was honking at one of my friend's running, and the horn went out. Then, this morning I woke up, only to find that my passenger side foglight glass is busted out. I really want to just ball up and cry. Why me?

Matt

Please god, I just want a break from paying for stupid ****, and make it more useful for modifications. PLEASE!

Also, does anyone have any suggestions to where I can buy a foglight that isn't $250 from Mercedes. Anything helps!!

**** man, you ride must be looking like a white UN Landcruiser in Baghdad by now....
Old 09-30-2005, 07:57 PM

2005 E55 Black
Watch out for dump trucks also. None of them have their mud flaps on anymore and they throw rocks like machine guns. Trucks have taken over our roads and as far as they are concerned we should all be driving utility vehicles with flat paint. We have dump trucks that haul gravel for road construction all over the place. They grab a load and start driving. As they hit a few bumps the rocks start to fall out the back and bounce like basketballs. Along comes a nice car and wham, out goes the windshield or a huge paint chip. I've replaced about 4 windshields and had 5 repaired with that newer method. The repair method isn't the greatest because you can still see the chip or imperfection where the repair was made. So far no damage to my E55. I drive waaaaaayyy back from trucks and on two lane roads I go wide to the right for an oncoming truck (especially semi's or dump trucks) because I've had a windsheild broken from a truck going the other way and tossed a rock that bounced up into my car. You get a real appreciation for the crap that trucks throw up if you've ever spent any time on a motorcycle. It's like riding through a sandblaster.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:03 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Rafal
**** man, you ride must be looking like a white UN Landcruiser in Baghdad by now....