W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will be in my 06 E55 by the end of the month!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 AMG
Will be in my 06 E55 by the end of the month!

Just got a call from my dealer this evening, they said I can have my car sooner if I take it without Burl wood interior (like was on my order) and with keyless go (not on my order). So rather then wait until the begining of next year, I will have my car by the end of the month...The car is due to dock on the 22nd, they are installing Sirius at the dock, but it should be to the dealer soon after. I am very happy with my dealer; I ordered the car 1 week ago and it looks like I'll have it in another 2! I won't get the burl wood, but I get keyless go...
I also wanted a car with delivery miles on it (no more then 30), which ruled out a couple of other dealer trades they had in mind, but this car is still on the boat from Germany, (and the dealer already has it marked as sold, which means no test drives on it), so it looks like it should have the standard 20 something miles AMG puts on it.
I hope I can sleep between now and then,,,I am ready to
Old 10-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Congrats and best of luck with break-in Post some pics when ya get it!~!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:22 AM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
Mine only had 11 miles on it when I test drove it. Are you sure AMG puts miles on them?
Congrats though
Old 10-11-2005, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Wow, that's service. I prefer the black bird's eye maple over the brown walnut with the charcoal interior, and I really like the keyless go. I'm sure you'll be happy. Let the countdown begin!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Merc AMG
...The car is due to dock on the 22nd...
Funny. I'm also in NorCal and my E55 is scheduled to hit the docks on the 22nd. I can't wait!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:34 AM

03 E55
Cool, Merc what dealer are you working with?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Almost a Member!

06 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E552006
Mine only had 11 miles on it when I test drove it. Are you sure AMG puts miles on them?
Congrats though
Just my guess on the miles, You have the least amount I have heard. Most people (on ordered cars or non-driven lot cars) that I have heard get them at somewhere between 24 and 27 miles, and this seems to be consitant. I saw two 06's side by side that the dealer said were just delevered, both had identical mileage of 24.

Originally Posted by xraymd
Wow, that's service. I prefer the black bird's eye maple over the brown walnut with the charcoal interior, and I really like the keyless go. I'm sure you'll be happy. Let the countdown begin!
I also Prefer the maple over the walnut, my wife wanted the walnut, and I like both. Plus getting the maple got me the car like 3 months early...

Originally Posted by NewMoses
Funny. I'm also in NorCal and my E55 is scheduled to hit the docks on the 22nd. I can't wait!
My car was originally a SoCal delivery, but I imagine they all come on the same boat, and rather than being unloaded down there it will be brought up here and on the dock the 22nd. Glad to hear my car has good company on the trip over.

Originally Posted by DarkStar
Cool, Merc what dealer are you working with?
RAB Motors, San Rafael

Just a bit of info for other 06 owners with Pano roof; I have seen posts that after a certain 05 date that if you dont get SIRIUS factory installed you are not able to add it. This is not true for those of you with the Pano roof,,,it is pre-wired for SIRIUS and your dealer can add it for about $1000. I added it to my car before it hit the Dock, so it will be added at the dock at $500 (factory price).

I will post the pics of car...
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
You'll love the keyless go. I wouldn't have another car without it. The wood trim is of minimal importance. The interiors all look good enough to eat. I wish my 05 had a little more of that brand new MB leather smell. You're in for a real treat. I'm jealous.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
black wood's the more attractive option; likewise, the keyless go is (i'm somewhat ashamed to admit, because it really is a ridiculous luxury) a wonderful and handy option. fun stuff, and you're sure to enjoy the car! congrats!