W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the reason behind dumping supercharged engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M&M
Ok Grumpy but what about thus. The air might be ready to flow, but the throttle plate has got to open first right? I think that we have have found the answer right there. The car that gets the throttle plate open the soonest after pressing the throttle pedal will have the bext response.

Obviously a car with individual throttle bodies will respond quicker, with almost a hair-trigger like TR. Some cars have a sport button which different programs for how quickly the throttle bodies open. RS4 is one of them as well.

But I feel a car with a lighter drivetrain, has less mass to rotate & will spring open the throttle quicker than a car with a beefier drivetrain. Does that make sense now?
The only thing that makes sense to me is I'm not going to play your game. That should give you more time to protect your bridge.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:54 PM
M&M

Ok I give up. You win. You are teh champion. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
M&M, or should I say Sher....

...if you don't disappear, fast, and stay that way, I'm going to link to the Audiworld post that you tried to delete. Know which one I'm talking about? Here's a hint: what starts with "X" and ends with "um"? Who works there? And who runs it?

I know all of these. Shall I share them with my friends?

Troll elsewhere, or be prepared.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-17-2005 at 02:57 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Improviz
...if you don't disappear, fast, and stay that way, I'm going to link to the Audiworld post that you tried to delete. Know which one I'm talking about? Here's a hint: what starts with "X" and ends with "um"? Who works there? And who runs it?

I know all of these. Shall I share them with my friends?

Troll elsewhere, or be prepared.
Please Improviz, please dont withhold them from your friends! I need my fix!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:33 AM
M&M

Chimp, you don't have to worry you prettly little head. Your beloved brand in not in dire straights. What am I trolling? This is a technical discussion & got nothing to do with brands. Get a life.

Last edited by M&M; 10-17-2005 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
Please Improviz, please dont withhold them from your friends! I need my fix!
Keep monitoring this thread. He demonstrates monumental arrogance and stupidity to call me names under such circumstances, and that, insofar as I am concerned, is justification enough after seeing his reaction to this material being published on Audiworld. It clearly scared him half to death, but if he wants to act macho and tempt fate after that, well, that's just TFB...some people never learn, I guess.

I'm on my laptop now, the boomkark is on the PC.

Stay tuned...
Old 10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Improviz, if it's private information that isn't google-able, please refrain from posting as it might violate the persons wishes.

Remember the golden rule; Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Improviz, if it's private information that isn't google-able, please refrain from posting as it might violate the persons wishes.

Killjoy!!
Old 10-17-2005, 04:58 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal

If it is public information that can be accessed without logging in to a particular site, it is fair game. You cannot set the standard as to what is fair to print based on a sites good / poor SEO algorithms nor can you set it by the decision tree de jour from google / inktomi. If he posts a link, and that link doesn't make me login, then all's fair.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
M&M

What's this topic about now? If you want to contact me just ask. I'll give you my e-mail address?

Say if you ask nicely enough maybe I'll give you mu dad's address as as well.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:33 PM

04 E500 Brabus Wagon
what's this topic about

I do not know where this thread is going but Improviz seems to have a bit of history with MaM and while we are waiting for Improviz to post I was told to go to Google and type in Audiworld M&M and see what pops up
Old 10-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by DRCrowder
If it is public information that can be accessed without logging in to a particular site, it is fair game. You cannot set the standard as to what is fair to print based on a sites good / poor SEO algorithms nor can you set it by the decision tree de jour from google / inktomi. If he posts a link, and that link doesn't make me login, then all's fair.
I didn't mean to have google set the standard, I should have said public domain.

If it's public information that can be obtained by anyone here, then it's fair game. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Rock: I'm not meaning to be a killjoy, but if you had some information that wasn't public, would you want people to share it?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:42 PM
M&M

Say I got an idea. I looked at the to of this thread & it said something about dumping supercharging. So I rate I should create a new thread to discuss my eye colour, shoe size, favourite food, etc.What say you guys? Or should we keep it on the Supercharged thread.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by Grumpy666
The only thing that makes sense to me is I'm not going to play your game. That should give you more time to protect your bridge.

Grumpy, that is one of the funniest posts I've read on here

Originally Posted by M&M
But I feel a car with a lighter drivetrain, has less mass to rotate & will spring open the throttle quicker than a car with a beefier drivetrain. Does that make sense now?

How does the mass of the car affect how quickly the throttle opens?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:53 PM
M&M

Sorry Wayne, I meant to say lighter valvetrain, not lighter drivetrain. My mistake.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
It is publicly available information.

It is an already-existing post on Audiworld.com's B6 S4 forum, by user name stop343hpnow, and there are follow-ups by user quickersilver. M&M had apparently been using his work email on another forum, and somebody found it. Pretty easy to find....

Google stop343hpnow with domain forums.audiworld.com...it is publicly available, as google has already cached it.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-17-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:20 AM

04 E500 Brabus Wagon
Improv please post key entries of MaM

Hi Improvize...for those of us that don't know how to specifically navigate the Audiworld web site would you please post the googled highlights of M&M, thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGE
Hi Improvize...for those of us that don't know how to specifically navigate the Audiworld web site would you please post the googled highlights of M&M, thanks
Go to google, and copy & paste the following line into the search window:

"who is 343hp" site:forums.audiworld.com

Should get three results; click on the one from the RS6 forum, or the cached version of the other two.

There's this one too, by a different dude:
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/296871.phtml

What an idiot....look at all of the posts he changed to ".". Clearly, he was scared ****less, but when I point it out here he starts with the name calling and chest thumping. Fine...have it your way, M&M.

Last edited by Improviz; 10-18-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 AM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
Blah Blah Blah...WTF has this thread turned into. Useless CRAP. Look back at post #2. That's the line and no one can prove otherwise. Some of us need to do something other that ruin threads

Ohh then we have post #4 and it goes down hill from there.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by E552006
Blah Blah Blah...WTF has this thread turned into. Useless CRAP. Look back at post #2. That's the line and no one can prove otherwise. Some of us need to do something other that ruin threads

Ohh then we have post #4 and it goes down hill from there.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
Thumbs down

I cant stand the way Audiworld is laid out! So cluttered and impossible to find anything your looking for. That site blows!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:28 AM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
M&M,
I've been reading this thread and understand your point. I think however that there is more than just TR that you are describing. Throttle sensitivity maybe be a better description.

In the M3 there's a switch that changes the amount of TR compared to the input made by your foot. I put this on whenever I drive it. The default setting stinks.

My Vette used to be a bit sluggish in regard to quick revs until I put a less restrictive intake (lingenfelter) and a light weight (30#) single mass flywheel. Revs come right now compared to stock. My Vette's TR is so much quicker than the current C5s that they feel like snails even tho the performance numbers aren't that much difference.

As far a whether or not TR is quicker in a NA car vs FI I think all factors have to be equal, ie.....check the difference between a E500 and an E55. I think that you will see that the only difference is the time delay of the SC clutch engagement. This makes it a bit less controllable in a track situation but certainly the gains of the SC are worth it. Smoothness of the throttle to engine response IMO is definitely better in the E500 compared to the E55.

Just my 2c.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:33 PM
M&M

Hey Vetman, you onto something there. You have put into words what I've been thinking all along. Throttle sensitivity is probably the right word.

You feel it in sport mode where the throttle butterflies open up instantly you prod the throttle. My wife turns it off when she drives 'cos she says she might back up into the wall

I drove a modd'd S2000 once it was even more sensitive.