W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AquaMist, Good or Bad for Gen 1 HPS system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by Richard023
Hey Mario,

I'm glad to hear your back from MIA How are things?

My vette is at Andy's shop, so I hope to pick it up sometime next week...I'll give you call, let's do lunch (anything buy sushi ).

I still got your old video against the 20+PSI SRT-4, you need to settle that score first before Jason's Viper...BTW, Jason must be rackin up those pimp points with that red "torque-monster".

My source for the Aquamist is Discovery Automotive, Bill K. (the owner) is a BMW freak...so you both have something in common

Aside from actually retrofitting an intercooler on the Gen I (too bad I sold my upgraded HE & Bosch pump), yes the methanol injection does reduce IATs, on my Gen II setup approx. 30 degrees F. However, IMHO the Gen II intercooler core & heat exchanger (actually a Earl's oil cooler ) takes an eternity to reject accumulated heat.
Hey Rich, yes Jason is doing very well with the ladies and you are right I will have to settle the score with that damn turbo freak.

From the looks of it, it looks like you are having Andy supercharger your car. Damn, Boy! What psi are you going with? Are you leaving the stock compression. When you pick up your car there is a a guy I want you to meet. He has an 04 Z06 with 12psi, 9 to 1 compression and has 680wheel hp, and Andy did all the work. Well, not Andy but his slaves.

How much do you like the Aquamist will cool down my temp?
Peace
Mario
Old 10-29-2005, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by E55Cent
Hey Rich, yes Jason is doing very well with the ladies and you are right I will have to settle the score with that damn turbo freak.

From the looks of it, it looks like you are having Andy supercharger your car. Damn, Boy! What psi are you going with? Are you leaving the stock compression. When you pick up your car there is a a guy I want you to meet. He has an 04 Z06 with 12psi, 9 to 1 compression and has 680wheel hp, and Andy did all the work. Well, not Andy but his slaves.

How much do you like the Aquamist will cool down my temp?
Peace
Mario
Sup Mario,

DAMN IT...I thought I was gonna have the fastest vette Andy's dyno is constantly reading 700-800rwhp, it's pretty crazy watching the runs. I was talking to one dude with a 03 Z06 that pulled 766rwhp/702rwtq on his first run and he was saying how he wants more...I was thinking to myself more of what? reasons to kill yourself LOL

Your friend sound like he's got a good setup, 680rwhp is plenty!!! Ideally, I would lilke to run 9.1 c.r with Eagle crank and rods and Diamond pistons, for now my setup will have to be on the conservative side (8-9 PSI) with the stock bottom.

You should get a nice decrease on your IAT with the Aquamist on the Gen I, I used HEET as the additive some use blue windsheild washer. More importantly get a boost gauge for tuning purposes, it can be a real ***** to tune the 1s. Let me know if you want to upgrade that MP90, blower porting is popular on the maggies I have a source, also the fuel pump is working at it's limits, I replace mine with a Bosch 420lph.

Are you going to SEMA?
Old 10-29-2005, 07:23 PM

AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by Richard023
Sup Mario,

DAMN IT...I thought I was gonna have the fastest vette Andy's dyno is constantly reading 700-800rwhp, it's pretty crazy watching the runs. I was talking to one dude with a 03 Z06 that pulled 766rwhp/702rwtq on his first run and he was saying how he wants more...I was thinking to myself more of what? reasons to kill yourself LOL

Your friend sound like he's got a good setup, 680rwhp is plenty!!! Ideally, I would lilke to run 9.1 c.r with Eagle crank and rods and Diamond pistons, for now my setup will have to be on the conservative side (8-9 PSI) with the stock bottom.

You should get a nice decrease on your IAT with the Aquamist on the Gen I, I used HEET as the additive some use blue windsheild washer. More importantly get a boost gauge for tuning purposes, it can be a real ***** to tune the 1s. Let me know if you want to upgrade that MP90, blower porting is popular on the maggies I have a source, also the fuel pump is working at it's limits, I replace mine with a Bosch 420lph.

Are you going to SEMA?
I was told the E55's had a more powerful fuel pump then the e430's, is this true. What will port/polishing do for the blower? How much $$$$? I would like to go to Sema, I will ask a few of my customers for tickets. Are you going? I wonder if Andy is going to set up a booth.
Mario