W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

LA Times on the new 5 & 6 Series woes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2005 | 10:43 AM

2004 E55 AMG
ohh YES!.. FLAME WARS!!! *dances*
Old 10-24-2005 | 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Well, this seems like a waste of everyones time then.
BMW has every right to refuse BMW Certification to independent body shops. I don't see what's wrong with that.
I do.BMW then creates a monopoly on where you can get your car repaired and how much it costs which equals higher insurance costs.
Old 10-24-2005 | 11:55 AM

Attached Thumbnails LA Times on the new 5 & 6 Series woes...-arguing.jpg  
Old 10-24-2005 | 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by krispykrme
Bodyshop is complaining because they don't get a piece of the pie. Simple as that.
Who gives a fk about "piece of pie"?? Its all about a piece of donut. Simple as that.
Old 10-24-2005 | 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Improviz
................processes them with a brain so clogged by lard that most synapses have long since shut off.

[/B]
Yup, krispy's big, I think he got into his MB and bent the frame, that is why his car in the shop now. Fortunatly MB can be easily repaired but the first day he gets into BMW 5 series and it bends--its totaled! Simple as that and that is the truth as I see it.

Do you think as a result of that there will be a mug shot of krispy in every BMW dealer with a " do not sell 5 series to this person"?
Unfortunatly krispy may disguise himself behind a powder sugar mustache from a recently swallowed donut and total yet another 5 series.

Last edited by Belmondo; 10-24-2005 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-24-2005 | 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 335 vert, 2004 MDX
Originally Posted by krispykrme

BTW, the story is so twisted. MB has similar program as well. My E55 is currently in bodyshop and has to be repaired by certified MBUSA shop.

(EMC, in fremont, is MB authorized body shop).

What BMW is doing is same as what MBUSA is doing. MBUSA will not certify indep shop if it is not qualified by their standard.
Read the article again. It's not the same. BMW won't certify an tech unless they're working for a BMW dealership. Is EMC a MB dealer? No? Well then it's not the same thing at all.
Old 10-24-2005 | 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
HAHAHAHAH the internet thugs are at it again.
Old 10-24-2005 | 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by Improviz
Simple: you disagree with the lardass. In his paranoid mind, this constitutes "bias", by which he means "anyone who dares to have a different opinion than I, the great, short, fat, artery-clogged pigman."

In the Dictionary of Pig****, many words are synonymous with "bias", including "stupid", etc...pretty much any disagreement with The Great Tub O' Lard constitutes a violation of the Order of Lardiness, and ensures that you will be subjected to personal attacks and petty, vile behavior--in between bites of donuts and slugs of Mylanta, that is...

The great thing about fatty is that he's truly bipolar, meaning that he's quite capable of spewing as much **** out of his fingertips and onto our screens as he shoots out of his fat keister...a truly staggering amount when one considers the amount of donuts he gulps down on a daily basis.

Dictionary of Pig****.....LMFAO!
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
I'm thoroughly entertained...somebody pass the popcorn!
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally Posted by AMGfan
I'm thoroughly entertained...somebody pass the popcorn!
And the pork skin...
Old 10-24-2005 | 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by oggle
And the pork skin...
...and shrimp chips...
Old 10-24-2005 | 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
It gets worse....

....one more reason they'll probably have higher insurance rates: poor crash test results:

http://www.autocarmagazine.com/News_...currentresults

BMW’s 5-series has suffered a big upset in the latest Euro NCAP crash test results. The Five required numerous modifications and a re-test to record a four-star result.

Autocar revealed two months ago (21 September) that BMW was struggling to achieve a good rating for the Five, although at the time a spokesman claimed the testing was hampered by ‘inconsistencies’, and that it was expected to earn a five-star rating.

While rivals such as the Mercedes E-class, new Audi A6 and Saab 9-5 have all gained five stars, the 5-series needed improvements to the steering column, footrest, door trim, door latch, airbags and software. The Five also had to undertake both frontal-impact and pole tests twice in order to be classed as a four-star car.

The modifications only affect cars built after the autumn 2004 test, so any built between the September 2003 UK launch and this summer would probably only score three stars. The pedestrian impact test threw up even more serious concerns. NCAP assessors slammed the company’s attitude, saying: ‘BMW needs to take the protection of pedestrians much more seriously.’

BMW’s 1-series followed its big brother Five’s lead in needing a re-test, although it eventually scored a full five stars after improvements to the airbags. BMW was again criticised over pedestrian protection, described as ‘dire’ by NCAP, scoring just one star out of four. The child protection rating was also poor, scoring three stars compared with the four scored by ten of the thirteen cars tested in this group.

A BMW spokesman said: ‘Everything we design takes pedestrian safety into consideration, but it is also important to consider active systems that prevent accidents from happening in the first place.’

Euro NCAP chairman Claes Tingvall used the results to chastise car makers for not making design improvements that could save lives.

Guess who?

Last edited by Improviz; 10-24-2005 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-24-2005 | 11:29 PM

Interesting read! It wouldn't deter me from buying a BMW. What deters me from buying a 5 series is the less than appealing looks.

But seriously, if I had even a small accident, I would much rather be allowed to declare it totaled and get a new car than to have it repaired. So, this may be an advantage to the consumer. PLUS, since I am not paying for the repair and the insurance company is forking up the bill, why not get ALL OEM parts and have the cars repaired by someone who has seen the special training session?

I'm not sorry that the little independent guy is left out. There are plenty of Hondas, Toyotas, and MBs he can fill up his time repairing
Old 10-24-2005 | 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Belmondo
Who gives a fk about "piece of pie"?? Its all about a piece of donut. Simple as that.
That is f'ing hilarious. Slick! Very slick!
Old 10-25-2005 | 01:11 AM

M5
Originally Posted by Belmondo
Yup, krispy's big, I think he got into his MB and bent the frame, that is why his car in the shop now. Fortunatly MB can be easily repaired but the first day he gets into BMW 5 series and it bends--its totaled! Simple as that and that is the truth as I see it.
Guys, stop this nonsense - not the flaming (funny), but the bend vs replace argument. Do you want your car fixed right or would you rather give your E55's second class treatement and have it bent back in shape? Once steel bends, you can never get it back exactly the way it once was. I would never buy a car that was bent back in shape and I'm sure no one here would either.

In regards to the certification game, I would think it's like cash; it's only good as long as people deem to think it's good. You can still get it repaired at an independent shop with all the right training and tools could you not? I'm not knowledgeable about ASE, but couldn't that union counter by coming up with their own certification standards? Look at all the BMW and MB used car certifications. They don't do crap and sell a used car as if they fixed it up. From the stories I've heard, BMW certifications mean nothing to me.
Old 10-25-2005 | 04:27 AM

2004 E55 AMG

hahahahaha

*wiggle wiggle shake shake~*
Old 10-25-2005 | 09:39 AM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

Drives Slowly
I always wondered who would invent such a device...............I now think I know.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (347.7 KB, 306 views)
Old 10-25-2005 | 05:28 PM

Ok, and here is what the world looks like according to crispy:

Old 10-26-2005 | 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Attached Thumbnails LA Times on the new 5 & 6 Series woes...-fat-dude.jpg  
Old 01-31-2007 | 09:31 PM
Almost a Member!

88' 190D