Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPMS Sensors

Joined a while back to review a few items, but now I can fit right in. I have a 2005 E55 granite grey fully loaded less the panoramic roof and distronic. love the car. Awesome power compared to the 2002 E55 I had.

Future plans, definitely K&N filter, maybe some pully's and ECU upgrade. After reading all of these reviews and seeing what people have I am much more confident about unleashing the power out of the beast.

Got a little dilema, I need some TPMS sensors. I have 20 inch Momo FXL wheels on my car. Part of the deal when I bought the '05 was that I kept my wheels and the dealership kept the OEM wheels. I did not remove the sensors from the OEM wheels. Any help out with an aftermarket set up to get some. MB is too expensive. Tirerack.com says they have them but only sell them on a set of rims.

Much appreciated!

Vinnie

Last edited by 2005 E55; 11-04-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
I think they are the same ones used by Audi in the A8L as well so you may check those boards too. Are the Momo's compatable with the RDK sensors? If they aren't then you may be better off having the dealer turn the feaure off or swapping wheels that are compatable.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:41 PM

RDK sensors? Not sure exactly what you might mean. The Momo's are compatible with the band and sensor. If I say this right, MB wants $295.00 per band and sensor. A little stiff. I would almost rather have them turn the system off.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
RDK is the tire pressure system being used by Mercedes-Benz & Audi. It is a sensor that is attached to the factory valve stem so there is no band. All of the newer Lorinser wheels are RDK-compatable where the factory valve stem with the sensor will fit into the wheel on the one piece wheels, and for the 2 piece wheels the sensor portion is unscrewed from the factory valve stem and there is a section on the barrel of the Lorinser wheel that is designed to accomodate the sensor. This way no banding will be needed. Basically the band system straps the sensor around the barrel of the wheel. It usually works out ok. I've only seen the band fail a handfull of times. I'm surprised the dealer would not give you your sensors back. After all, they are yours. You still kept your wheels, and the dealer still keeps the OEM wheels. If they didn't specifically tell you ahead of time that they were keeping the sensors too they should be yours to take back. I don't know of any aftermarket sensors that work with the Mercedes computer so it may be tough to find.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:03 PM

Ken you cleared up a ton of mystery for me. I am going back to the dealer to ask them for the sensors. I do have the GM's name and number and after all $92k should get you some sensors.

Thanks Vinnie
Old 11-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
Right on. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Everyone,

Listen to this news. As you can read my hunt for some TPMS sensors was not going well. I called the dealership where I purchased the car and the GM said he would hook me up with a discount. (still in the $150.00 ea range as compared to their initial $295 ea range) I called around trying to see if I could get some on a better price from a tire shop instead of going through MB. I called Tirerack.com again, and they sold me 4 and that was it. (around $80.00 ea) The guy at Tirerack was really cool. he said they are guranteed. They are the Beru (bay-ru ?) sensors, who in turn makes them for MB (I was told that, need to confirm it).

Everyone, there are people out there that care about what you want to accomplish. I will keep you posted on getting them, and seeing if they actually work.

Vinnie

Last edited by 2005 E55; 11-07-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Collections Ban

Lorinser
If they are Beru sensors, they will work fine. He is correct that they supply MB as well as Audi and most likely other makes.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:36 PM

2005 E55
some questions regarding your Beru tire pressure sensors

Hi,

I am also in the market for the Tire Pressure sensors and found your post...
How are the Beru sensors working for you? Can you see the tire pressure of each tire on the speedometer display individually? What was the name of the guy at Tirerack whom you spoke to?

Thanks in advance!
Best
Korv

Originally Posted by 2005 E55
I called Tirerack.com again, and they sold me 4 and that was it. (around $80.00 ea) The guy at Tirerack was really cool. he said they are guranteed. They are the Beru (bay-ru ?) sensors, who in turn makes them for MB (I was told that, need to confirm it).
Old 05-15-2006, 12:25 AM

CLS55
Will these beru sensors work on the late model cars?

here they are on tire rack... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=44