Sponsored by:

Bad experience with Steve MBenzNL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
The dealer wanted to save money since they were upside down on the car (meaning they sold it to ray for less than what they bought it from me for). The sales guy happened to be a noob (this car was i believe his first sale) and he told ray the car had Xenons. He did not see the car in person and didnt find out until the car arrived to him via transporter. The dealership now owed him a pair Xenons, and new ones were too expensive, so they asked me to get them from Steve as a favor. I got involved because I recommended Steve to the dealer to help them out, since they lost $ on my previous car.

Anyhow, Steve is going to sell me a new part for 350, so I dont really have any problem with him or that. I was just curious to see what others would have done.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
you guys are too nice. why even get peter or steve involved with this from the beginning. plain and simple, the dealer fuked up in the beginning with the sale and they should have had to eat the original xenons and get them from mbusa.

the 3% or whatever it is that the dealer gets back from mbusa on each car sold based on those comment cards we fill out after purchase could have easily gone to this. seems like everyones intentions from the beginning were good but ultimately this was the dealers problem and they should have dealt with it. just my 2 cents.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Originally Posted by lee2375
The dealer wanted to save money since they were upside down on the car (meaning they sold it to ray for less than what they bought it from me for). The sales guy happened to be a noob (this car was i believe his first sale) and he told ray the car had Xenons. He did not see the car in person and didnt find out until the car arrived to him via transporter. The dealership now owed him a pair Xenons, and new ones were too expensive, so they asked me to get them from Steve as a favor. I got involved because I recommended Steve to the dealer to help them out, since they lost $ on my previous car.

Anyhow, Steve is going to sell me a new part for 350, so I dont really have any problem with him or that. I was just curious to see what others would have done.
I think that your "Final" solution was a good one. But in the future, busines is business and one has to approach it that way.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,

You've done a noble thing resolving this situation and accepting responsibility, regardless of who was at fault.
Believe me when I say these types of actions will reap rewards in the future.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
you guys are too nice. why even get peter or steve involved with this from the beginning. plain and simple, the dealer fuked up in the beginning with the sale and they should have had to eat the original xenons and get them from mbusa.

the 3% or whatever it is that the dealer gets back from mbusa on each car sold based on those comment cards we fill out after purchase could have easily gone to this. seems like everyones intentions from the beginning were good but ultimately this was the dealers problem and they should have dealt with it. just my 2 cents.
....so true
Old 11-17-2005, 11:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'98 C43/55 AMG Speedybenz Susp. & MBenzNL On Board -- '88 560SL -- '09 JCW MINI -- '97 Jeep TJ Sport
I know this disagreement is =over= ... but I just thought I had to respond to the comparison of Steve in say'n "it ain't brain surgery" upon seeing this thread I link to below... I'm still put'n in my vote to being impressed as **** with Steve...
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...58#post1353995

And his re-wiring of my '98 to make it a digital system including upgrading the built-in analog phone to a digital system, while still using the analog harnass and figuring how to splice and re-wire it on the fly to what the digital system needed... impressive as hell!

He's unmatched in my book!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Originally Posted by c55m8o
I know this disagreement is =over= ... but I just thought I had to respond to the comparison of Steve in say'n "it ain't brain surgery" upon seeing this thread I link to below... I'm still put'n in my vote to being impressed as **** with Steve...
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...58#post1353995

And his re-wiring of my '98 to make it a digital system including upgrading the built-in analog phone to a digital system, while still using the analog harnass and figuring how to splice and re-wire it on the fly to what the digital system needed... impressive as hell!

He's unmatched in my book!
you stole my thunder!

I was going to do the same...

How a person can take a car down to that, and put it back together in perfect working order is amazing to me... production line workers focus on one part for a long time before moving into a different area... but to do it all?
Old 11-19-2005, 12:23 AM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55

Peter, IMO, the dealer should be the one "eating" it. Man you're too nice...as that's what I experienced from you. You go out of your way for your customers and looks like others as well. Good character, but sometimes it does end up hurting you.

Good luck.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
300ce
.............there is a lot you don't know. I had a Euro Comand retrofit done to my CLK locally here in Atlanta 2001. Complete with TV tunner, DVD etc. This is a full 2 years before steve began his business. Look, Steve does good work, but he should....he is running a business. Waxing hyperbolic about these things is not neccessary especially to others who have seen it done even before Steve got into the picture

COMAND, TV, DVD, PS2, STARTAC TO V60 UPGRADE, REAR VIEW CAMERA, STEALTH RADAR PLUS LASER JAMMER INTEGRADED INTO REAR VIEW MIRROR BACK IN 2001

ted