Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
HOLLLLLLLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

I am glad you are OK.

Another reason to have a gun in a car. After LA riots for a while I had Glock 19 with me in the car pretty much all the time. But now I seriously rethinking putting it back in car.

I wish a speedy recovery and for CLS63.

Good Luck!
Old 11-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright..alright....Just trying to shed some happiness on something. Glad your alright.

jordan
Old 11-26-2005, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well your allright and its just a car that got hurt..well one of the sickest cars on the planet but you can get another. stay positive and don't let the phsycho hater'z get you down.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:50 PM

M5
Sorry to hear about it. Maybe you could go after the guy for at least compensatory damages. I think this will only recover your medical bills and auto repairs. Then, go after him for punitive damages. This will help you recover the reduced value of your car and anything else beyond compensatory damages. Maybe reduce physical mobility counts as this. Milk him like the goat that he is because he deserves it.

Originally Posted by benzmodz
As for recovery, dont force it, keep those blasted braces away from your body as they weaken your muscles and make the pain last longer and harder.

Start with some floating in water (with under support) and then gradually build it up to a very slow form of water exercise. The goal here is to maintain the movement and not any real building. Once you start to feel more mobility the pain will decrease rapidly and then you can focus on increasing muscle strength..
Sounds like a real good idea for the muscles and joints. Though I don't know how safe it would be to get in the water after a concussion. I wonder if you could get disoriented and drown.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
You should also go after his insurance company if he has one, they might have more of an incentive to settle out of court with you since you'd have a good case against them. Also, i'd go for WAAAAY more than a new CLS, you could hit a home run with this case i think. Fine upstanding citizen assaulted by man in uncontrollable rage, makes a good emotional tug on the jury. Watch out for an insanity defense though.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:02 PM

M5
Originally Posted by King320
Also, i'd go for WAAAAY more than a new CLS, you could hit a home run with this case i think. Fine upstanding citizen assaulted by man in uncontrollable rage, makes a good emotional tug on the jury.
This might be where punative damages comes into play.

Originally Posted by King320
Watch out for an insanity defense though.
I've never read the book, but isn't this close to a Catch-22? If he can drive then he is sane. If he's on drugs, then he's not in a sane state of mind. But, he chose to be on drugs, then he's sane.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
This guy stole the Miata before going on his Thanksgiving rampage. I will start to find out Monday who is going to be liable and who to go after and all that. I am dying to get ahold of the police report so I can read the many witness statements! I am having a hell of a time right now but I also have a hell of a case and I am going after absolutely everything I can. I spoke with my dealer who ordered my current CLS55 and he said he will give me his mid Feb build slot without any deposit for a new one! This is the first thing that has made me smile since the incident. Its a little ray of hope for me. He said the CLS63 is further away than I had thought so it looks like it will be another CLS55 identically equipped except that I am adding the 030 Sport Package. I also asked him to look into Carbon Fiber or Black Birdseye Maple trim for me. I just want a new ride! Thanks again, you guys have been a tremendous help!

Regarding Punitive damages, I do intend to go after all I can and if getting an even better car becomes a possibility, I will surely pursue it. An SL65 would be nice!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Good that things are on the up side again

For CF pieces, you can contact Performance Products, they sell MP Design pieces. I'm getting mine from them.

Alternatively, you can contacy Steve (MBenzNL).

Here's a pic of the silver CF trim pieces

For black CF, you can look at an earlier and the post that has the Brabus CLS rocket
Old 11-26-2005, 07:39 PM

05 E55
Originally Posted by VelocitE55
I am in a lot of pain and I thought maybe some of you might have some serioulsy good and mean lawyers that you could recommend.
Justin, correct? Justin... 90% of my clients are attorneys. Name the area or specialty, I know of one. Our company dominates IT services in the legal community in LA, so I've got tons of favors to cash in. You're in the personal injury capital of the world, so it should be easy enough. If you want someone that will rip his shirt off and eat someone's spine for lunch, I have a couple of people that do it well... and I speak from personal experience. Just PM me with your contact info and I'll steer you to the right person... all close by. That said, a lawsuit is only as good as the insurance that loser had... and most of them don't. So you end up redirecting your anger somewhere else, like the Miata-owners insurance, etc. Not quite the same. But do note the advice on getting to know the prosecutor in the case... that's an excellent idea.

I live in West Hills, so I know Encino well, which leads me to the next question...

WHERE IN THE HELL did this happen? And people laugh at my Hummer... would just love to see a Miata try.... after personally meeting THREE drunk drivers the hard way in my life, the E55 is the smallest car I'll ever own. You might not be here if you were in a lesser car, remember that.

For every one else unlucky enough to experience something like this, and because you can't carry your Sig in CA, forget the Glock... use your car to fight back if you're ever getting attacked like that... chances are your Mercedes will hold up better than most cars if its demolition derby time. And it would officially get totalled, no worries... self defense.

Regards,

Loren
Old 11-26-2005, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by rrpnow
i live in fl... what law is that!??!
It just took effect about a week ago if I'm not mistaken. It gives us greater leeway in the terms of self-defense.

Any person has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm.
It's called the Shoot First, Think Later Law
Old 11-26-2005, 10:38 PM

'11 CTS V Coupe 6MT
Assault

Holy Kee-rappp. So glad you are OK. I seriously doubt I could restrain myself from an incident like that. Mr. Desert Eagle would be in touch with the "perp".
You can always replace the cars, rest up, pick out an new 6.3 CLS.

Best of luck to you
George
Old 11-26-2005, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
A little update for you all. I have a Bail Bondsman friend that pulled up some info on this A-hole. He was arrested on the 18th for DV (Domestic Violence) and was released on the 21st. We're still looking into his earlier history. He has been charged with Carjacking so far. He's in Jail right now in Van Nuys and has a court date this Tuesday which I will be going to in order to ensure that he is charged and cannot plea it down. He repeadedly rammed a Motorcycle with a man and a woman on it earlier that night and he did in fact assault a man in the Jerry's Deli prior to be taken down by those wonderful kitchen staff. So he injured 4 people that night and may well get 3 or 4 strikes and spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison. That would make me very happy! As soon as I know more, you guys will too.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
A little update for you all. I have a Bail Bondsman friend that pulled up some info on this A-hole. He was arrested on the 18th for DV (Domestic Violence) and was released on the 21st. We're still looking into his earlier history. He has been charged with Carjacking so far. He's in Jail right now in Van Nuys and has a court date this Tuesday which I will be going to in order to ensure that he is charged and cannot plea it down. He repeadedly rammed a Motorcycle with a man and a woman on it earlier that night and he did in fact assault a man in the Jerry's Deli prior to be taken down by those wonderful kitchen staff. So he injured 4 people that night and may well get 3 or 4 strikes and spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison. That would make me very happy! As soon as I know more, you guys will too.
If I were you I would focus on rehab and getting the swelling down. Whatever he did to you will take years to put right.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:00 AM

E55
Sorry about this whole incident. Are you feeling better healthwise.

Did you find out if the ah has insurance? The world is full of despicable people and you encountered one of the worst. Hurting people who have done you no harm is probably the worst thing anyone can do.

Anyway all the best. I hope you recover quickly and fully and you are not significantly out of pocket.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by benzmodz
Whatever he did to you will take years to put right.
Which is precisely why I will put all the effort and energy I have into making him pay for what he did in every possible way.

As I said, they likely still wont total the car so I have been doing quite a bit of thinking about what to do. I have decided to keep it and order a CLS63. When the 63 comes in, I will trade the 55. The dealer of course claims to know nothing of the time frame on the CLS63's release. Hopefully its something like 6 months but who knows?

Last edited by VelocitE55; 11-27-2005 at 05:53 AM.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
wow, i've had my fair share of crazyness but yours was pretty insane......glad your alive and well....as much as it sucks that your cars messed up but you should count your blessings your alive....you just never know and like you said he might have had a gun and might have used it.........did this happen in Encino?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
That is just insane...best wishes on a full and speedy recovery...
Old 11-27-2005, 01:02 PM

M5
A little update for you all. I have a Bail Bondsman friend that pulled up some info on this A-hole. He was arrested on the 18th for DV (Domestic Violence) and was released on the 21st. We're still looking into his earlier history. He has been charged with Carjacking so far.
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like he has insurance.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
I sent you a PM Justin. Make sure you get in touch with the DA's office regarding this case and really make your story known to them. Every district is different and every DAs office is different. If you want justice, you may have to push for it.

Find out which ADA gets the case and get in touch with them.

Outside of that, my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery and above all thank god you are alive.

-m
Old 11-27-2005, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by a_ok2me
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like he has insurance.

I dont know about the guy, but the Miata was insured.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:06 PM

Airbus
That really sux. Wacko's are running rampant. Sorry about your car but glad you got your life.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Any word on what happened to the other victims? I hope they're alright aswell.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:42 PM

Justin,
Another valuable advice is to write down EXACTLY everything (including little details) that you remember from the incident. As time goes by, we tend to remember less and less of little details, that may end up being very pertinent and useful
Old 11-27-2005, 05:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
I dont know about the guy, but the Miata was insured.
Dude, I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. I don't know how long it would take me to recover both mentally and physically from such an incident. Sounds like you are taking things pretty well in stride, so kudos to you.

One thing, though. Does it really make sense to go after the Miata owner's insurance? I don't know about how it works legally, but ethically it seems like the wrong thing to do.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
I agree with Incendiary,

I know that you feel as if you deserve restitution in everyway and trust me with all of the horrible things you went through you have every right to seek it within certain means. I would probably feel the same way you do. However, is it really right to go after the guy who was carjacked who basically had no control over the situation with the respect of "pain and suffering" That's just adding to the many problems of the American legal system and you're not making the criminal suffer but another victim. *I'm just stating how I feel... I don't know whether you were actually planning to go after the Miata if all else fails*

Now, in Florida the Miata would cover you're CLS and I don't know about the legal system in California but I would think you have un-insured motorist coverage in any case.

J/c: Did this make the news?

Last edited by NOTKTS; 11-27-2005 at 06:42 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Attacked, assaulted, injured and my CLS55 is trashed