W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone hear about or use this lowering kit?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 AMG
Anyone hear about or use this lowering kit?

Made by Intrax>>> http://www.drivewire.com/performance...ngsprings.html
Search brought up nothing in this forum, some use the springs in other forums.
I havn't done a lot of research on the subject, so excuse me if I'm mistaken; but don't most other companys just sell the module, without springs? Is Intrax doing this because they are known as a spring company? or do you think the springs with the kit are truely an upgrade?
I know alot of people have opinions on spending a bunch of money on lowering modules when it can be done with some cheap washers or star diag. But to my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) while you can still use the car raising button with those setups, it will only raise up by the original raise amount. In other words say you lower the car 1", when you hit the raise car button it will now raise it to a point 1" lower than it use to. Granted 99% of the time I have my car down, but just to be safe when I pull into parking spots I raise the car. This usually doesn't mean much as I park back from the curb anyway, but there has been once or twice that I misjudged, and having the car raised saved my front spoiler. So I still would like to get it as high as I can, while 99% of the time having it as low as I can...

Last edited by Merc AMG; 12-08-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by Merc AMG
Made by Intrax>>> http://www.drivewire.com/performance...ngsprings.html
Search brought up nothing in this forum, some use the springs in other forums.
I havn't done a lot of research on the subject, so excuse me if I'm mistaken; but don't most other companys just sell the module, without springs? Is Intrax doing this because they are known as a spring company? or do you think the springs with the kit are truely an upgrade?
I know alot of people have opinions on spending a bunch of money on lowering modules when it can be done with some cheap washers or star diag. But to my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) while you can still use the car raising button with those setups, it will only raise up by the original raise amount. In other words say you lower the car 1", when you hit the raise car button it will now raise it to a point 1" lower than it use to. Granted 99% of the time I have my car down, but just to be safe when I pull into parking spots I raise the car. This usually doesn't mean much as I park back from the curb anyway, but there has been once or twice that I misjudged, and having the car raised saved my front spoiler. So I still would like to get it as high as I can, while 99% of the time having it as low as I can...
The springs shown in the picture are W210 .
Old 12-09-2005, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Exactly what Rafal said. The springs pictured are the for the W210. If you look at the other alternative, they also use a lowering module. Which is for the 03+ E55's...
Old 12-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55 AMG
ooops sorry I called and your right; kit comes with module only... Soooo any one,,, oh nevermind,,,lol :p