Clk-dtm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 01:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A Few
Clk-dtm

Hey All,

My buddy is interested in purchasing a CLK-DTM... yeap, and I'm gonna drive it like there is no tomorrow...

Anyway, where does one find them? Preferebly new... he doesn't want Silver, and want's right hand drive (U.S.)...

He doesn't really care how much it costs, I told him they're about $300k... Please tell me if I'm right...

He already has an Enzo, Murci, F40, F430 and two McLaren's (I really don't why and loves adding to his collection...
Old 12-24-2005, 02:08 AM
ON PROBATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a forum thread search to read about conversion costs and about bringing it into the US. All of the ones that I know of in the US aren't for sale. You will find them used with about 3000-5000 miles on them in Europe starting at about $275K USD. Mercedes is building CLK DTM Cabriolets now in the same limited numbers (approx 100) in Germany -- and same deal on importing them into the US. New price s/b at least $400K USD. The hard-tops are a better track car, but the cabs seat 4.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:21 AM

04 E55 white.
i want one cabrios of those where can i order it at?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
From what I've seen DTMs run 320-380K. I'm in talks with one for 329K. You have to know where to look, a lot of them are in private hands and only a few are still sitting on dealer floors for outrageous prices. I believe there is one being sold from a dealer out of AZ for 379K *Silver* although it’s still in Germany, there also might be one *Silver* in Dupont Registry. Black DTMs are a little rarer and will be tougher to find, I’m really looking for one of the 2 white DTMs that were produced.

Yayo: It will be extremely hard for you to get a Carbrio, all of the build spots have been allocated to loyal customers that AMG personally picked. I’m sure someone will fork their spot over for 80-100K… Seen a few in the low 90s.

This one is selling in Dubai for 448K, 13 miles. Dealer is holding firm on their price.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:37 AM

A Few
Thanks clay...

My buddy would settle for the Cabrio too (I wish I could settle for that too )

Should I just tell him to contact AMG in Germany and pay them $400k for a brand new converted cabrio?

He's very peculiar about his cars and wouldn't take a used one under any circumstance... It's funny because he has had his Enzo for nearly two years and the car has 1,100 miles on it...

Not to mention he purchased a Silver and Black McLaren SLR and the Silver one has 6 miles... unbelievable...
Old 12-24-2005, 02:39 AM

A Few
[QUOTE=NOTKTS]From what I've seen DTMs run 320-380K. I'm in talks with one for 329K. You have to know where to look, a lot of them are in private hands and only a few are still sitting on dealer floors for outrageous prices. I believe there is one being sold from a dealer out of AZ for 379K *Silver* although it’s still in Germany, there also might be one *Silver* in Dupont Registry. Black DTMs are a little rarer and will be tougher to find, I’m really looking for one of the 2 white DTMs that were produced.

Yayo: It will be extremely hard for you to get a Carbrio, all of the build spots have been allocated to loyal customers that AMG personally picked. I’m sure someone will fork their spot over for 80-100K… Seen a few in the low 90s.

NOTKTS... Where in Dubai is this car? Any links, phone number, info??? etc...

My buddy will probably pay that if its as you say it is (2 of its kind, and no miles really)...

Do you know if its Right or Left hand drive?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by dakrisht
NOTKTS... Where in Dubai is this car? Any links, phone number, info??? etc...

My buddy will probably pay that if its as you say it is (2 of its kind, and no miles really)...

Do you know if its Right or Left hand drive?
I contacted them about 3 months ago regarding it. I would have to look to see if I still have the emails...

Err, you can see in the picture
Old 12-24-2005, 03:12 AM

04 E55 white.
my cousin has bought 50 mercedes including 2 maybchs all amgs this year. he just bought a mayback 62, 400k yesturday from keyes and has a spot for the maybach s (amg version) im sure he can order one for me! i really want it and will pay almost anything.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:34 AM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by yayoE55amg
my cousin has bought 50 mercedes including 2 maybchs all amgs this year. he just bought a mayback 62, 400k yesturday from keyes and has a spot for the maybach s (amg version) im sure he can order one for me! i really want it and will pay almost anything.
He should have just bought Germany instead. Easier.

~ Ian
Old 12-24-2005, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by IanSL55
He should have just bought Germany instead. Easier.

~ Ian
Or at least Daimler-Chrysler (didn't ?Iaccoca say he liked the product (Remington shaver) so much be bought the company)
Old 12-24-2005, 12:57 PM
ON PROBATION

NOTKTS-
If you want a white one you're going to have to do what another guy I know did and buy a silver and have a paint shop take two weeks and disassemble it and paint it Alabaster White -- if there were only 2 white ones made they were both in Dubai and have both been sold to private parties whom I don't think are going to part with them anytime soon....one of my major hubs is in Dubai....
(you probably should have payed $329K for the car!)

There were a sh#tload of black ones made, but most of the cars were silver. Most of the cars were made as LHD.
You will be extremely lucky to get a new one or an extremely low mileage one for less than $350K USD. All of the cars that were brought to the US shouldn't be available anytime soon. All of the cars in the Middle East have been sold as well. Most of the cars that went East from Europe were RHD, and went to Asia.
Situation for getting a Cab is the same as it was for the sedans - they can be bought from the "extremely loyal" AMG-connected who are all trying to turn them for a $100K USD profit (kind of like the "extremely loyal" Ferrari FXX elite who are all trying to turn those for a $!M USD profit! Why do the factories play so dumb?!!!!!) which means, same as the sedans, you're looking at about $500K USD to buy a new one.
Cost of US conversion is another $100K USD plus parts.
Your best bet to find a sedan or a cab is on the open market. If you know someone with AMG connections they can probably get you in touch with a profiteer - oops, I mean loyal AMG Customer - who'll be happy to part with his for cold, hard cash -- because they're so loyal and such connoisseurs that they have to be compensated for the 'loss' of the car (yeah, right!).
I wish you the best of luck -- these cars are up in the pinnacle of MBZ ownership.

Last edited by ClayJ; 12-24-2005 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Bingo....up on Ebay now....they are screaming right hand drive, but pics are left hander????

Ad on Ebay
Old 12-24-2005, 01:52 PM
ON PROBATION

Europe and Britain are still the best place to pick them up IMO. And obviously most of the cars that were ordered for the UK were RHD (have you ever driven a RHD car at the track? It is weird) which I wouldn't want in the US -- I'd wait and pick up a LHD one..... [pics are pics the car is probably sitting in a warehouse]
Seller says no miles.... This car is probably not going for less than $350K USD and it is still going to cost another $150K to bring it into the US.
But if you have the money, it is worth it
Old 12-24-2005, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
150K to bring it in the US? Nope.....

Under 350K USD is not a bad deal for the CLK DTM. Most are going for far more than that right now if you can get your hands on one.

With 100 units total and not all of them having been delivered, not as many out there as you would think.

Many people that are trying to sell them don't actually have a car......

Schiz
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 PM
ON PROBATION

In my experience to bring the car into the country legally and to register it under Show & Display it is going to cost you $100K plus for the conversion, a 10% import tax, and sales tax at more than 5% at the DMV at registration -- it adds up.
and yes, like I said $350K is a minimum. and yeah, most of the sellers are middlemen who are going to add their $50K to $100K in there too.
How many have you brought in Schiznick?

Last edited by ClayJ; 12-24-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

g
Originally Posted by ClayJ
NOTKTS-
If you want a white one you're going to have to do what another guy I know did and buy a silver and have a paint shop take two weeks and disassemble it and paint it Alabaster White -- if there were only 2 white ones made they were both in Dubai and have both been sold to private parties whom I don't think are going to part with them anytime soon....one of my major hubs is in Dubai....
(you probably should have payed $329K for the car!)
This was a true factory Alabaster White and a proper paint job will probably run 20-25K but at that point I would choose my paint a little more carefully. The white one was over 400K and I've been in constant communication with a private party in Munich regarding #33 Black on Black, 4,200 miles, pristine condition looking at the photos and perfect service records. We're currently trying to figure out where is the best place to ship it. I don't think that your 150K conversion is correct, even so, I KNOW I can get it through customs in Miami and I'm willing to take a risk. The car won't be crushed as you say, there are not vigilante cops driving around waiting to spot a illegal foreign car. If they start to ask questions I'm sure letting them jump into the drivers seat would get you out of him reporting your car. As long as you have insurance on it they won't care He says the only tax I will have to pay is a 2.5% tax at the port, no mention of a DMV fee but there will be a gas-guzzler tax maybe 6K.

Originally Posted by ClayJ
There were a sh#tload of black ones made, but most of the cars were silver. Most of the cars were made as LHD.
You will be extremely lucky to get a new one or an extremely low mileage one for less than $350K USD. All of the cars that were brought to the US shouldn't be available anytime soon. All of the cars in the Middle East have been sold as well. Most of the cars that went East from Europe were RHD, and went to Asia.
Situation for getting a Cab is the same as it was for the sedans - they can be bought from the "extremely loyal" AMG-connected who are all trying to turn them for a $100K USD profit (kind of like the "extremely loyal" Ferrari FXX elite who are all trying to turn those for a $!M USD profit! Why do the factories play so dumb?!!!!!) which means, same as the sedans, you're looking at about $500K USD to buy a new one.
Cost of US conversion is another $100K USD plus parts.
Your best bet to find a sedan or a cab is on the open market. If you know someone with AMG connections they can probably get you in touch with a profiteer - oops, I mean loyal AMG Customer - who'll be happy to part with his for cold, hard cash -- because they're so loyal and such connoisseurs that they have to be compensated for the 'loss' of the car (yeah, right!).
I wish you the best of luck -- these cars are up in the pinnacle of MBZ ownership.
I just found a build spot for 87K... But, lets turn the tables and say that you were one of the "Loyal AMG Customers" how hard would it be for you to turn down a 120K offer on a build spot? I know many people that would turn it straight over for that.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:38 PM
ON PROBATION

Take the black/black -- these cars are getting sucked up and they are awesome -- very, very smooth on the road and a blast at the track, almost perfect. And yes that was a factory paint job which is the only way to go IMO.... This guy with the silver payed $12K to do his up in white after the fact.
My error - it's 2.5% at the port, based on the sales documentation. Normally they come into Ft. Lauderdale...but if you're hoping to get it through without any problems..... They really do check for the US Cert sticker on the engine in my experience.... and if it does get held up it goes into a customs warehouse at beucoup bucks a day until you get the release.
I think that the gas guzzler tax maxes at like $3K.
DMV is sales tax which is due at registration (better than VAT in Europe!), based on sales documentation, and I don't think you'll get away from that in FL, will you?
It is $100K to do legit conversion -- if you want to pursue that route PM me. These cars are keepers, you should seriously consider doing it right IMO -- still cheaper than a Koenigsegg or Pagani....
And the deal with AMG and Ferrari and their loyal customer crap? It's crap! Way too many of these guys are just speculators...oops didn't mean to offend any other speculators out there -- NOT!
But in this biz you've got to pay to play...and the keeper cars are the keeper cars...and worth it if you've got the money.
Hey, best of luck in any event.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:18 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by OzE55
Or at least Daimler-Chrysler (didn't Iaccoca say he liked the product (Remington shaver) so much be bought the company)
No, that was Victor Kiam (who died in 2001 I think). Lee Iacocca is a car guy, started out at Ford and was CEO of Chrysler.

~ Ian
Old 12-24-2005, 05:55 PM

xx
dakrisht,

I'm curious. What industry is your friend in?

Kevin
Old 12-25-2005, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55
Originally Posted by IanSL55
No, that was Victor Kiam (who died in 2001 I think). Lee Iacocca is a car guy, started out at Ford and was CEO of Chrysler.

~ Ian
You're absolutely correct, thank-you.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:11 AM

A Few
Originally Posted by Accomplice8
dakrisht,

I'm curious. What industry is your friend in?

Kevin

He's in the film business...

Merry Christmas...