Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS activation questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TPMS activation questions

OK, I finally go the right sensors installed on my '06 - the idiot light is off and the "no sensors found" message is gone. But, after I reactivated the system and the message said the TPMS was activated, it still won't read pressure. Instead it asks if I want to reactivate again. Any suggestions on how to get a tire pressure reading?

Thanks
Old 12-24-2005, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by deaddog
OK, I finally go the right sensors installed on my '06 - the idiot light is off and the "no sensors found" message is gone. But, after I reactivated the system and the message said the TPMS was activated, it still won't read pressure. Instead it asks if I want to reactivate again. Any suggestions on how to get a tire pressure reading?

Thanks
Star Diagnose reset is needed.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:35 PM

Thanks for quick response. Does this mean trip to dealer? I'd really like to avoid that if possible.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Thanks for quick response. Does this mean trip to dealer? I'd really like to avoid that if possible.
Yep, Welcome to the world of MB electronics. No easy fixes.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:28 AM

E55
Mine does the same thing. Reset the system and then you have to drive for quite a while - 20 min. or more - and you will have pressure readings. I find freeway driving is best. Around town the system will not read pressures - get on the highway.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:25 AM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by corgiman
Mine does the same thing. Reset the system and then you have to drive for quite a while - 20 min. or more - and you will have pressure readings. I find freeway driving is best. Around town the system will not read pressures - get on the highway.
Exactly ! You don't need a dealer visit for the reset to finally reset. The system gives the impression that it hasn't accepted the reset, but as mentioned above, usually within a half hour all is well.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:50 AM

corgiman and MBZFAN55 -- did you reset with a NEW set of sensors or the original sensors? I have TWO sets of sensors - one for summer wheels and one for winter wheels - and I'm being told the computer needs to be reset at dealer to recognize the new set of sensors. I'm hoping that isnt the case

thanks
The following users liked this post:
taylorlar (01-15-2021)

Trending Topics

Old 12-31-2005, 02:23 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
corgiman and MBZFAN55 -- did you reset with a NEW set of sensors or the original sensors? I have TWO sets of sensors - one for summer wheels and one for winter wheels - and I'm being told the computer needs to be reset at dealer to recognize the new set of sensors. I'm hoping that isnt the case

thanks
No, I have 2 sets of tire/wheels (each with sensors) also, and I did NOT have to return to the dealer for a reset of the TPMS. I bought the "Beru" sensors when I got my tire wheel package through Tire Rack. I have to tell you though, it took about a day for the sensors to finally reset.

There does seem to be a lack of info on the sensor availability and definitive "reset" information. I had to call Tire Rack to get the "lowdown" on the sensors and call my dealer to find out why there was such a delay in resetting. It seems to me that Tire Rack should have more info on their website about TPMS than they do. (Maybe they do now, but this was many months ago). The MB owners manual also doesn't clarify the TPMS reset scenario, sufficiently.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:50 PM

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, mine still aren't working - even after I drove > 500 miles within 24 hours. Still asking if I want reactivation. Going to dealer on tuesday to see what they can do.

By the way, this was my first long distance high speed cruise -- really sweet. Acceleration from 80 upwards is awe inspiring. Thankfully I had my passport srx installed the day before the trip.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 AM

Mercedes AMG C63s
I'm having the same problem
With my 2010 C63. New tpms on aftermarket wheels. No warning lights but now it stopped reading individual tire pressure. Just says tire pressure ok. Dis you find a answer ?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:50 PM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 S65 AMG
what was the final repair? what did the dealer do?
Old 11-28-2013, 02:44 PM

2008 Mercedes C350 Sport
TPMS sensor for 2008 C350 Sport - is it descoverable?

Can anyone help me, please? I am getting conflicting info...Can I buy aftermarket sensors, like this below along with new service pack (which I assume i need to have as well) and install to my 2008 C350? I have read that some people have to program these and that is why they have to be factory original and some stated that you can drive 10-15 min and system will recognize them by itself. No help at dealership of course. They want you to bring vehicle in and will charge you $180/piece with installation.
I would really appreciated some advise.
Thanks.
Andrew
D089 0009054100 05-13 Mercedes Benz OEM

Old 12-21-2013, 04:11 PM

2008 C63 Sedan
I just bought (4) Schrader TPMS advertised as "OEM" for Mercedes by the eBay ad. Eitherway, I had goodyear install them with new tires once I started getting a failed TPMS error on one of my factory sensors. They said they programmed the car with the sensors, but they are confused as to why the "pressure warning" red screen comes up still - despite the tire pressure not changing. I used the dash menu to calibrate and set the pressures to the current values, and I will let you guys know if driving on them allows the car to learn the new sensors. So far, however, 38 minutes of drive to work, no luck.