Best wheels for White W211 E55 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Those CCWs look very cheap to me somehow. I personally would stick with the stock E55 wheels rather then swap. I still think the E55 looks great on stock wheels when lowered.

As I mentioned, the CCWs are an incredibly strong, lightweight wheel. They are single piece, forged wheels, so they don't offer the visual appeal that a 2 or 3 piece wheel offers, but they are a well respected builder of race and street wheels. Some people like to look fast, some people like to be fast

Based on my experience and friends that race, I would put their strength and quality against any wheel manufacturer.

When I first saw the CCWs on an E, I wasn't too excited about them, but the more pics I see, the more I like them. If you're wheel shopping, call John @ CCW and talk to him about the different styles they offer. The wheels that Vrus and Torquey are using aren't the only 1 piece wheels he sells.

Vrus' car with the 295s in the rear looks awesome, IMO.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'02 Tacoma, '08 GT3 RS
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WayneE
As I mentioned, the CCWs are an incredibly strong, lightweight wheel. They are single piece, forged wheels, so they don't offer the visual appeal that a 2 or 3 piece wheel offers, but they are a well respected builder of race and street wheels. Some people like to look fast, some people like to be fast

Based on my experience and friends that race, I would put their strength and quality against any wheel manufacturer.

When I first saw the CCWs on an E, I wasn't too excited about them, but the more pics I see, the more I like them. If you're wheel shopping, call John @ CCW and talk to him about the different styles they offer. The wheels that Vrus and Torquey are using aren't the only 1 piece wheels he sells.

Thanks but no thanks.Dont like the look.....Weight wise, on a 2 ton car it's not going to really matter anyway. Racing? I have 15 years of SCCA GT racing, 10 years of PCA racing.........This is a street car...........Thanks for the input !
Old 01-05-2006, 11:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!

Oh yeah, I am not doubting the CCWs are not good. Just don't particularly like the style on the E-class. If I was going for strength and looks, I would go for HRE competition series or even the Renntech monolites which i would say are lighter and stronger then the CCWs.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55
[QUOTE=WayneE] Some people like to look fast, some people like to be fast

WELL SAID
Old 01-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Almost a Member!

Black brings out the contrast...and its just a matter of personal preference. Just FYI----

Last edited by tofumann; 01-06-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by tofumann
Black brings out the contrast...and its just a matter of personal preference. Just for FYI----

Old 01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by Steve Starnes
Thanks but no thanks.Dont like the look.....Weight wise, on a 2 ton car it's not going to really matter anyway. Racing? I have 15 years of SCCA GT racing, 10 years of PCA racing.........This is a street car...........Thanks for the input !

No worries, Steve. Just offering up alternatives. Did you check out any other wheels CCW offers?

And I can appreciate that we're all driving 2 ton street cars, but if we weren't concerned about performance we would have purchased E500s w/the Sport Pkg
Old 01-06-2006, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'72 Suburban
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
Oh yeah, I am not doubting the CCWs are not good. Just don't particularly like the style on the E-class. If I was going for strength and looks, I would go for HRE competition series or even the Renntech monolites which i would say are lighter and stronger then the CCWs.

Neither of us know which wheel is stronger

I also suggested the HRE C series, as they are lightweight and strong. I'd choose those over the SL65 factory wheels (although the SL65 wheels are gorgeous).
Old 01-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 E55+2004 G500
Can anybody photo shop the pic of the black E55 with the 65 wheels with a white E55, so we can see what it looks like?
Old 01-06-2006, 03:47 PM

'02 Tacoma, '08 GT3 RS
[QUOTE=Torquey55]
Some people like to look fast, some people like to be fast

WELL SAID
on a 2 ton car it's not going to really matter anyway.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:23 PM

'02 Tacoma, '08 GT3 RS
And I can appreciate that we're all driving 2 ton street cars, but if we weren't concerned about performance we would have purchased E500s w/the Sport Pkg [/QUOTE]

Again, on a 2 ton car it's not going to really matter anyway.