W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying some new PS2s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not need any tire presently,but from what i have been reading,it seems that the michilin ps2 is the tire to have.Can someone tell me what are the recommended tire size for front and rear,also what is considered a good price for those tires.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:34 PM
ON PROBATION

Go here - easiest way to quickly check fitment, available sizes, and pricing. One good place to start looking, in any event. I find it best to go up to the 'products' tab at the top of the page, then 'tires', then 'by brand' -- and select what you want to see. Their info by individual tire is fairly informative...
If you want a recommended fitment for a specific car, start by using there initial selection entry options at mid left for 'shop by car', entering your car, and then go from there....

Last edited by ClayJ; 01-06-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 SLK 55 AMG, 2006 E 55 AMG, 2007 Acura MDX
I have to agree with everybody else on the PS2's. Fantastic tire, with the only downside of having less grip in the wet at high speed. I had the Goodyears F1 GSD3's on my former car as a replacement for the Pilot Sports and I was very pleased with them especially in the rain (best rain tire so far for me). My only concern with them was less steering feel for the road, when you compare them with the Pilots.
Nonetheless, I bought PS2's for my HRE's and don’t forget that I live in Seattle .

Originally Posted by pte55amg
I have an 05 e55 amg and its time to replace my rears. I'm going to go with some sp2s in the rear in the stock size. will i be fine running the new sp2s in the rear and the conti's in the front?

also is this the best choice in tire i can make? i want equal or better performance than the stock tires but a bit better tread durability. I dont track my car but i do drive it pretty hard.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:21 AM

2003 E55 K1
Question tire size

Can you go PS2 255 front and 285 rear with stock rims? What is considered optimum size? I don't race but I do drive aggressively. It seems like stock size would be best since that is what the manufacturer picked.