W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You ever go through a kill slump...sheesh!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
You ever go through a kill slump...sheesh!!

You california guys have all the fun. Sounds like you race hotter cars just about everyday. Literally was running errands and looking for kill victims tonight and NOTHING for like 4th night I have been out. Sure normal cars always try to race a Benz, but I don't consider them kills. Just nothing. Closest I have come is a 5.0 mustang that raced up next to me, heard the rumble, then read the side, then slowwwwwlly backed off and exited the highway.

I need to just breeatthheee and let the kills happen naturally.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 PM

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
2020 G550
Try living in Savannah GA...you spoiled biatch
No kills here..........EVER
Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
I feel your pain man...

I've had my Wagon for many months now and haven't had one taker
Old 01-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I got into it with a new Red Vette AND a cabriolet 996. Hehe. Too much traffic for the Vette and the Porsche was just TOOOOO slow!! hehehe.

p.s. a Harley came up thinking he wanted some, until the Porsche and I both left him in the turn!!
Old 01-10-2006, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
You should revise..... Socal may be the place.... I've been in Norcal for many years..... very few races...... most of them wouldn't last more than 30 seconds. The most fun I had was when my school buddies were still here..... M3, Supra Turbo, NSX, 3000GT VR4...... was once hit a record..... SF to Palo Alto (~40 miles) in less than 20 minutes.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 PM

a toy
SoCal is definitely the hottest spot to race. Late at nights when the roads are clear, some of my races have dragged on a few miles. My longest race was about 20 miles long on the freeway at some ridiculous speeds.

They are VERY strict here about street racing though, and now have imposed a law that allows them to impound your car if it's used for illegal street racing.

Don't get caught :v
Old 01-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by zoink
You should revise..... Socal may be the place.... I've been in Norcal for many years..... very few races...... most of them wouldn't last more than 30 seconds. The most fun I had was when my school buddies were still here..... M3, Supra Turbo, NSX, 3000GT VR4...... was once hit a record..... SF to Palo Alto (~40 miles) in less than 20 minutes.

I think that I may also own a piece of that record. i had to make a run to Dinan from mill Valley before they closed to pick up a chip for my old "88 M3. Got a ticket on the way home and that was just the beginning.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by zoink
was once hit a record..... SF to Palo Alto (~40 miles) in less than 20 minutes.
Might be a record for you but there are a few guys down here in the South Bay that have made the trip from SF to San Jose (measured 45 miles) in just under 18 minutes for an average of just over 150MPH. Most of the cars were Porsche Turbo and Ferrari TR but a couple of runs were made in race cars.

There are a lot of nice cars here in Northern California but most people don't race them on the street. There isn't much of a competative spirit among the owners. My guess is because they don't know how to drive them. Seems the only guys looking to race are the ricers.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1989 Toyota Tercel EZ - dyno'd @ 70whp/77wtq
Sorry, I need to say it more clearly next time.... it was the record between me and my friends. We quite often wrote time records for ourselves.... I don't even know what the official time record is

Anyway, I agree.... lots of nice cars but very few want to have a short race (even a straight line on empty road)...... the ones I often encountered and wanted to race are Mustang GT's..... not sure why.

Oh BTW, I just saw a W140 with AMG badge on the left, S500 badge on the right, V12 badge on the front fenders behind the wheels.... plus... here's a good part.... with a plate of XXXXAMG (XXXX is censored... ).
Old 01-11-2006, 01:27 PM

a toy
Geez...150 average is FAST. The fastest I've ever been able to average was just under 120mph for 12 minutes when I didn't have much regard for my license. Now I'm more limited to shorter runs after a few runins with the law.

Originally Posted by E55AMG99
Might be a record for you but there are a few guys down here in the South Bay that have made the trip from SF to San Jose (measured 45 miles) in just under 18 minutes for an average of just over 150MPH. Most of the cars were Porsche Turbo and Ferrari TR but a couple of runs were made in race cars.

There are a lot of nice cars here in Northern California but most people don't race them on the street. There isn't much of a competative spirit among the owners. My guess is because they don't know how to drive them. Seems the only guys looking to race are the ricers.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by Roupin
Geez...150 average is FAST. The fastest I've ever been able to average was just under 120mph for 12 minutes when I didn't have much regard for my license. Now I'm more limited to shorter runs after a few runins with the law.
It is DAMN fast! The runs were usually made around 4AM on a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas back in the 1970's and 1980's. There weren't any DUI checkpoints or many cops out back then. I don't think any of them have made the run in the past 15 years. These guys are all self made (multi) millionaires - Old money. Long before "Silicon Valley" it was known as "The Valley of Heart's Delight". They were part of the evolution from farming prunes to farming silicon and imported several supercars unavailable in the States before there was a term grey market. These guys knew how to go fast and didn't care what it costed.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Not to rain on anyones parade... but when you have a lot to lose, you tend not to want to lose it... Beyond a neck snapping 0-80 mph sprint, it's been years since I've found enough reason to race for the imaginary trophy

~ Ian
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 PM

North carolina is race State USA.You can go to any little hick town in N.C on any given day,particularly on a Sunday and they will get a race i guarantee.
Its great.......because most of these boys in the country are Ford and Chevy enthuiast.Showing up with a MB to race,to them it would be a big joke.
The funny thing is i have been waxing their A$$es left and right.
I keep saying thats its my wifes E55,but i will race it if they give me a car or two.Well you know how those Ford and Chevy boys are,they are all over that race especially if $$$ is involved.Can you imagine the looks on their faces when they loose.I give them a dumb look in return and say you must have spun or something,because i could see you gaining.After another run and winning again they said i was spraying and had a bottle hidden.Well i got a little big headed and ran a 04 Cobra,the outcome was ugly,to say the least the Cobra quit at 1/2 track.The next night i drove my wifes 05 volvo to the racing spot,talking crap..........Guess what? I could not get a race.......some were saying they heard i got a two-stage NOS on the Volvo.
I have a 03/ZO6 that makes in excess of 700hp.
I have a 93 Mustang GT that makes in excess of 650hp.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned

w210 E55
They install tracking devices in buses to make sure they don't go over the 60 mph...knowing that, I'm suprised you risked it the roadmaster.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:44 PM

a toy
That Roadmaster has seen a 151mph run on a slight downhill late at night

When should I mention the whitewall, S-rated All Season tires?

Kinda floaty, VERY scary!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Banned

w210 E55
That Roadmaster has seen a 151mph run on a slight downhill late at night

When should I mention the whitewall, S-rated All Season tires?

Kinda floaty, VERY scary!
I sold Buicks for 6 years. We would leave greasy burn-outs in the back lot everytime we had the chance when we drove one. :v

Buick claimed 0-60 on that tank @6.7 seconds.

It was as fast as the supercharged Regal...no ****.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 PM

a toy
Now toss in PCM Programming, 160 Tstat, cold air intake, and a few odds and ends, and you have my car

I used to have exhaust cutouts (dumps) right after the cats, but really got sick of the sound day in and day out. The local law enforcement didn't appreciate it either

Once I retire this car to weekend fun, 4.10 gears here I come!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by IanSL55
Not to rain on anyones parade... but when you have a lot to lose, you tend not to want to lose it... Beyond a neck snapping 0-80 mph sprint, it's been years since I've found enough reason to race for the imaginary trophy

~ Ian
Well said. We all grow up and realize that life is very precious.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:01 AM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by IanSL55

~ Ian
Well said. We all grow up and realize that life is very precious.
Agreed, I second these very good points!!
Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 PM

2003 E55 K1
Talking Hot cars

Try finding hot cars in Pittsburgh. Very rare. So I have to satisfy myself with WRX STI's, which invariably are owned by kids looking for a race. Usually roll on the gas and its over if its a typical street race. STI's can be wicked off the line with 4X drive, but requires very aggressive launch which is not typical in most street situations. Went to BMW dealer and he told me selling about one new M5 a week so I may be in for a stop light challenge in the near future.