W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yawwwnnnn......now Jaq is going at AMG...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Yawwwnnnn......now Jaq is going at AMG...

Latest "going after AMG" company is Jaq.

I think I get it now.....AMG is playing rope-a-dope with these companies. They put out the 6.3 and other companies celebrate that they finally have come close to AMG performance, then BAM, the twin turbo 6.3 hits the streets in a year or so........and the dark ages begin again......

Article Here

Jaguar is planning to launch its own performance brand to rival Mercedes' AMG, BMW's M Sport and Audi's RS ranges.

It is likely to be seen for the first time in the new XK coupe and convertible, which goes on sale in March with a 300bhp 4.2-litre V8 engine.

By the end of 2006, a 400bhp supercharged version of the same engine will become available in the XKR, but company insiders are hinting that this won't be the end of the power race.

They will not say what the more powerful engine is likely to be or how much power it is likely to turn out, but they are adamant that they can turn the new XK into an out-and-out sports car to rival the Porsche 911.

No name has been chosen for the Jaguar performance brand, and no date set for its introduction, but it will eventually spread across the whole Jaguar range.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
Don't they already have one? I thought it's called Ford SVT!?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I am curious to see how long Ford will float that circus.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:38 PM

2004 E55
New Cobra coming out without the SVT mark on it... SVT diehards are really bumming...
Old 01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
I suppose the new jaguar design will resemble the back of a Porsche 911 quite closely but differ greatly in the front since no one at Jaguar has ever seen the front of a Porsche.

It will give a whole new spin to the "Traditional English Breakfast" consisting of set of binoculars and large amounts of dust.

I can think of a name for the sports division

"pe pe pe pfff" (spitting out dust)

Last edited by benzmodz; 01-17-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 PM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
I thought Jag had the "R" division for that.

Hasn't the XKR and XJR been around for a while now?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by E55_POWER
I thought Jag had the "R" division for that.

Hasn't the XKR and XJR been around for a while now?
That's what I thought. And the top of the line models both sport 400 hp.

Still, they can't touch a AMG, even a C55 will go at it eagerly.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:34 PM
ON PROBATION

Awwwwwwww man.... I really don't want to touch this one...but -
Jag has put out a freighter-load of great performance cars throughout their history -- and you just can't dis them for that. You can't. They have a proven, admirable, and respected history. A history of innovation too. And motorsports. So just don't go there...please?

What have they done for us lately? Their new V8 is a nice engine. Their new factory-armored sedan is a great package. And they make lots of Ford jokes in the bathrooms.

See? They're not so bad!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by ClayJ
Jag has put out a freighter-load of great performance cars throughout their history -- and you just can't dis them for that. You can't. They have a proven, admirable, and respected history. A history of innovation too. And motorsports. So just don't go there...please?

What have they done for us lately? Their new V8 is a nice engine. Their new factory-armored sedan is a great package. And they make lots of Ford jokes in the bathrooms.

See? They're not so bad!
Clay, I'm curious. What do you drive ?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
ON PROBATION

I've got, like, 40 to 50 cars; residences spread throughout the globe. All but one top-of-the-line (and it's no slouch). Don't currently own a Jag, but do have the supercharged Jag V8 in my Range Rover Supercharged's. I apologize if you're at all put off by my vagueness -- but I do have to be concerned about my security...and don't want to be in court over a corpse in the auto-court at one of my residences.... I do make an effort on forums to be vague and not give out very many details about my garages....
Old 01-17-2006, 05:42 PM

a few...
40 to 50 cars, wow. what are some of your favorites if you dont mind me asking
Old 01-17-2006, 05:52 PM
ON PROBATION

Supercars from the last 10 years. AMG MBZ's. The new Aston Martins. Cars hand-built in the UK - hand-built in many places I suppose. New exotics. New Porsches. Track cars that are eminently street-able. 'Animal' trucks like the GMC 2500HD with the Duramax diesel and Allison transmission, and the Unimog.
I don't own - or keep for very long - any car that isn't, and doesn't remain, a 'favorite'

Old 01-17-2006, 06:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline

well said clayj

i dont c why they would need a new performance division though, r jags r very nice cars
Old 01-17-2006, 06:13 PM
ON PROBATION

I think that it's a marketing/branding thing - 'everybody else is doing it so we'd better 'cause we're getting lost in the crowd' kind of thing....
Old 01-17-2006, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
and the Unimog.
ooh...I'm so close to buying a beautiful 416 Mog

I don't own - or keep for very long - any car that isn't, and doesn't remain, a 'favorite'
I'm the same way. Unfortunately my collection pales compared to yours. Only a measly 7 or 8 at any one time.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:50 PM

E55
Supercars from the last 10 years. AMG MBZ's. The new Aston Martins. Cars hand-built in the UK - hand-built in many places I suppose. New exotics. New Porsches. Track cars that are eminently street-able. 'Animal' trucks like the GMC 2500HD with the Duramax diesel and Allison transmission, and the Unimog.

Since you like the hand made British cars, do you have, or have you had a decent TVR in the stable?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:00 PM
ON PROBATION

silversurfer- Only a measly 7 or 8 at any one time.
LOL That's one of the reasons that I have so many properties - so I have a 'valid' excuse for more cars!

silversurfer- ooh...I'm so close to buying a beautiful 416 Mog
NIKE!
mrankovic- do you have, or have you had a decent TVR in the stable?
No...t yet....
Old 01-17-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
I've got, like, 40 to 50 cars; residences spread throughout the globe. All but one top-of-the-line (and it's no slouch). Don't currently own a Jag, but do have the supercharged Jag V8 in my Range Rover Supercharged's. I apologize if you're at all put off by my vagueness -- but I do have to be concerned about my security...and don't want to be in court over a corpse in the auto-court at one of my residences.... I do make an effort on forums to be vague and not give out very many details about my garages....
The only person endangering your safety is yourself. Firstly by representing yourself in a tripe manner and secondly by suggesting that this forum isnt worthy of your friendship.

If you are able to own a world class garage then you would have the security staff and pimple faced intern to sort out all of your personal whims.

please dont suppose you cant be found. You are one IP ADDRESS from being visited at any one time. Your identity is no more hidden than a fart at a mime's performance.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:41 PM

'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
ok, here it comes

get 'em Clay
Old 01-17-2006, 07:47 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by benzmodz
The only person endangering your safety is yourself. Firstly by representing yourself in a tripe manner and secondly by suggesting that this forum isnt worthy of your friendship.

If you are able to own a world class garage then you would have the security staff and pimple faced intern to sort out all of your personal whims.

please dont suppose you cant be found. You are one IP ADDRESS from being visited at any one time. Your identity is no more hidden than a fart at a mime's performance.
Have you been drinking in excess before getting on the site?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Vadim-SoCal

Getting back on topic.

I am afraid it imight be too little too late. Four years ago they had an opportunity to be leaders in performance. Ford conducted a number of clinics to feel out what people wanted. We told them, they listened, but never delivered.

AMG did.

Now for Jags to be special, at very least, they have to match AMGs. Which means over 500HP in the next XK. My guess we might see 420HP.

To lead they will need 550HP - untill twin turbos arrive on 6.3L AMGs. Then they will be definitely too late.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Have you been drinking in excess before getting on the site?
yes i have. Didnt know that water was so dangerous. Sorry.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:55 AM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by benzmodz
yes i have. Didnt know that water was so dangerous. Sorry.
No problem -- just remember that one can drown in only 6 inches of it! LOL
Old 01-18-2006, 10:40 AM

2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Its BEYOND too little too late. Stype R had a horrible tranny and didnt even take advantage of the power it had. It was well price, but not if the performance is going to waste. Breaking was horrible too, even compared to my car then, the GS400. There was NO reason to buy that car.
I doubt ford will step it up and give the R line of vehicles 500 horses, but even if they did, they will screw it up by putting a cheap version of brembos on that wont stop the car, an inadequate suspension, even compared to ours, AND a tranny that shifts like my grandmother would if she drove.

Originally Posted by Vadim-SoCal
Getting back on topic.

I am afraid it imight be too little too late. Four years ago they had an opportunity to be leaders in performance. Ford conducted a number of clinics to feel out what people wanted. We told them, they listened, but never delivered.

AMG did.

Now for Jags to be special, at very least, they have to match AMGs. Which means over 500HP in the next XK. My guess we might see 420HP.

To lead they will need 550HP - untill twin turbos arrive on 6.3L AMGs. Then they will be definitely too late.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:28 AM
ON PROBATION

It seems to me, so far - and this is definately still early in - that the companies recently bought by Ford that I care about are sticking to their guns as unique marques and are fighting tooth-and-nail to keep Ford from ruining their cars (and their reputations) -- and that so far Ford is holding off and not doing so.... Volvo used some sh*tty plastic interior parts in their 2006's - only sign I've seen so far.
Let's all keep our fingers crossed that the likes of Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover (and anyone else?) don't get Forded Up by Ford!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yawwwnnnn......now Jaq is going at AMG...