Sponsored by:

SL600 RennTech runs 11.25@125

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
Awesome times! I disagree with some other poster's thoughts, you are really coming out the hole like a monster. I've run 10.8s in the 1/4 with the same 330' time you're running.

How fast is the tranny shifting with the tranny module installed? That's one area where I think our cars leave ET on the table - it takes so long for every shift at WOT.

Anyway, that is an incredible ET for such a heavy car. You need to do something to get that monster into the 10s
Old 01-21-2006, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 Bentley GTC, Porsche GT2/EVOMS GT700, 1968 Dodge Charger Hemi
Originally Posted by WayneE
Awesome times! I disagree with some other poster's thoughts, you are really coming out the hole like a monster. I've run 10.8s in the 1/4 with the same 330' time you're running.

How fast is the tranny shifting with the tranny module installed? That's one area where I think our cars leave ET on the table - it takes so long for every shift at WOT.

Anyway, that is an incredible ET for such a heavy car. You need to do something to get that monster into the 10s
Thanks for the insight Wayne! I was hoping you'd chime in with your drag racing expertise. From what I know, the tranny module does nothing more than give me the 3rd mode option of "manual", which is available on the AMG cars and not on the 600. I'm running in "sport" and letting the car do it's own shifting. I agree with you on the 10's. I'm going to be taking it out again next weekend and trying some different things. I love these M/T ET street radials, when they are inflated to the proper PSI, they are bulletproof, I was launching this car at 2,250 rpms and got absolutely no wheelspin!
Old 01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Thanks for the insight Wayne! I was hoping you'd chime in with your drag racing expertise. From what I know, the tranny module does nothing more than give me the 3rd mode option of "manual", which is available on the AMG cars and not on the 600. I'm running in "sport" and letting the car do it's own shifting. I agree with you on the 10's. I'm going to be taking it out again next weekend and trying some different things. I love these M/T ET street radials, when they are inflated to the proper PSI, they are bulletproof, I was launching this car at 2,250 rpms and got absolutely no wheelspin!
.............very interested in knowing what psi you are inflating the MT street radials to. Thanks.

Ted
Old 01-21-2006, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Hey Renntech what do you think the best it could run with stock tyres?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'72 Suburban
From what I know, the tranny module does nothing more than give me the 3rd mode option of "manual", which is available on the AMG cars and not on the 600. I'm running in "sport" and letting the car do it's own shifting.

I don't have a lot of experience racing Benzes but when I race mine, I do the same. I let the tranny do the shifting in sport mode. It's a shame that nobody makes a stronger tranny/converter to facilitate a quicker 60' and faster shifts.

I agree with you on the 10's. I'm going to be taking it out again next weekend and trying some different things. I love these M/T ET street radials, when they are inflated to the proper PSI, they are bulletproof, I was launching this car at 2,250 rpms and got absolutely no wheelspin!

Excellent. Those MT radials are really sticky

Are you loading up the converter and holding the car on the brakes at the line? Have you tried sitting at idle and just flooring it to launch? I know that's not an ideal launch for a turbo car, but that big V12 should have plenty of grunt down low to flash the converter off the line.

Are there any tracks near you that are closer to sea level? Based on your corrected time, that right there (along with with a good dump ) would put you in the 10s.

Good luck.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
All I can say is WOW!
Old 01-22-2006, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Goddamn RTV12, I have no doubt you'll be running 10s in a Mercedes w/o spray pretty soon! 11.25 is insane.