W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

The Beast stalled...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
The Beast stalled...

merging into a left turn (I'm almost at a full stop waiting for traffic to clear) twice in one day last Friday. That scared the crap out of me, since I coasted part of the way into the oncoming traffic. I had to put the car back in park and restart the car.

It was a Friday and I wasn't about to suffer through this over the weekend. They did a test drive and damned if they couldn't get it to stall...so they took it back and tried to pull any error codes.

They called me Saturday and found that the idle was a little low and that they replaced a bad oxygen sensor. I got the car back on Saturday and I'm crossing my fingers... !
Old 01-27-2006, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haven't had a chance to try it, but can you start these things in Neutral? Glad everything turned out OK.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
interesting; i had the exact same thing happen to me last friday while pulling into a parking lot in hollywood. "wow! w'happen?!!!" was my reaction; took a second to realize that my brand-spankin'-new-$100k-top o' the line-sled just CRAPPED OUT FOR NO REASON!!! i'd just put gas in it the night before and had had the service dept. once-over only less than a month ago. once i recovered from the surprise, i started it back up and haven't had a problem since.

strange, though; no warning or anything and then "kaput" - you're coasting with no power assist on the brakes or steering! yipes!

v
Old 01-27-2006, 07:44 PM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Originally Posted by vixapphire
interesting; i had the exact same thing happen to me last friday while pulling into a parking lot in hollywood. "wow! w'happen?!!!" was my reaction; took a second to realize that my brand-spankin'-new-$100k-top o' the line-sled just CRAPPED OUT FOR NO REASON!!! i'd just put gas in it the night before and had had the service dept. once-over only less than a month ago. once i recovered from the surprise, i started it back up and haven't had a problem since. strange, though; no warning or anything and then "kaput" - you're coasting with no power assist on the brakes or steering! yipes!
Same thing.

405S in medium/heavy traffic... tank was LOW but the trip computer said I was still good for 81 miles. Slowed in traffic and was coasting and then BANG. Gone. Re-started in nuetral while in a slow roll. 10K mile service is next week I'll bring it up w/ the service department then and see what the issue is.

~ Ian
Old 01-27-2006, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Do a search "stalling"