W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

New E55 Owner... 1st time at the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Pewter E55 (Sold) 2006 Flint Grey E55
New E55 Owner... 1st time at the track

Good morning Gentlemen! I purchased my E55 about 6 weeks ago and I absolutely love this car. I have owned a few sports cars, and a few lux sedans. By far this is the best car I have owned.

I took the car to the track last night. 1st past bone stock...

114 mph
RT- .553
60ft - 1.9

Simply amazing... especially for "the Strip" here in Las Vegas. The track here in Vegas does not really allow good track numbers. What's even funnier is that is was pretty cold last night, so the wife stayed in the car with me to stay warm during the run.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
that's a great run for vegas and a passenger in the car!

Originally Posted by slamar1
Good morning Gentlemen! I purchased my E55 about 6 weeks ago and I absolutely love this car. I have owned a few sports cars, and a few lux sedans. By far this is the best car I have owned.

114 mph
RT- .553
60ft - 1.9

Simply amazing... especially for "the Strip" here in Las Vegas. The track here in Vegas does not really allow good track numbers. What's even funnier is that is was pretty cold last night, so the wife stayed in the car with me to stay warm during the run.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:24 PM

'10 Panamera S, '06 AMG CLS55, '07 Miata MX5, '02 MB SPRINTER, '99 Spec Miata Race Car (2X)
To run a 12.3 for your fist pass ever is amazing, and to do it with your wife on board is even still more amazing.

Took me at least 3 visits to the track and at least 8 runs before I saw a 12.3

But then again you say it was cold and its amazing how important cool temperatures are to running quick 1/4 miles times

great job!
Old 01-28-2006, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550

114 mph
RT- .553
60ft - 1.9

HA....that's gotta be one of the best track stories EVER.

First time out, wife in the car, probably even had the tunes on and you pull 1.9 60ft and near 12 flat on street tires. Would have been cool to have your arm hanging out the window too (the relaxing cruising look), maybe even have wife reading a book or something.

You got guys with other cars working into the early morning hours tweaking and prepping their cars, practicing launches, mixing special blends of fuel and strapping on the slicks........and you cooked a bunch of the street class guys with that time.

One guy at the track I went to almost made me feel guilty. Had a 78 Camaro that he trailered about 400 miles to get to the track. Stayed up most of the night driving, then most of the morning prepping the car......really thought he had the car dialed in and whammo....the Benz puts him down. He was cool about it though, his wife seemed more pi$$ed than him.

Great job!!

Old 01-28-2006, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by slamar1

114 mph
RT- .553
60ft - 1.9

Awesome! I bet that you didn't even lower the rear tire air pressure. And you still pulled a 1.9 60 foot time.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:37 PM

lol... thanks guys. Needless to say, I was shocked when the gal at the timeslip booth gave me my slip.

Another funny sidenote...When I stopped at the timeslip booth to pick up the slip, the woman looked at the car and the number written on the window. Then she looked at the timeslip, then looked at the car, then looked at the timeslip, then looked at the car. :p

Her quote: "Wow, that's incredible"!

I am still amazed at this car. I can only imagine what the K2 is going to do for performance when it goes to Colorado Springs.

Thanks, again, for the props! We all have amazing rides.

Old 01-28-2006, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by enzom
Awesome! I bet that you didn't even lower the rear tire air pressure. And you still pulled a 1.9 60 foot time.
Nope. Stock tire pressue. I didn't drive through the water and I roasted the tires pretty good. Power break with just a little rev (about 2000 rpm) and a throttle squeeze on take off. I was really pleased with the launch.