Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xm Radio Installation On 03/e55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xm Radio Installation On 03/e55

Has anyone done an XM Radio installation in their 03 and older e55?If so where did you mount the control unit and antenna.Also which unit did you use?I cant seems to find a place to put the control unit,b/c all of them seems too large for the ashtray.
I know that the MB favors Siirus as opposed to XM.,does this means that the factory is more compatible with Siirus Radio?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:41 PM
hk3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM install

I have the XM Commander with the control unit in the ashtray space and it fits perfectly and looks terrific. The brain box is in the drivers side trunk behind the trim and the antenna I placed just in front of the nav/phone antenna. I originally had the antenna in the back deck but had just enough reception problems that I moved it outside and am very happy. I use the aux input in the glove box. Two problem areas, you will have to run a switched 12 volt to the brain box and there is none to be found in the trunk; also you will need an extension cable for the control unit and audio out cables if you put the brain box in the trunk. I can PM you pix if needed.