W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: MB Werks San Diego

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
HELP: MB Werks San Diego

I'm trying to track down Randall who owned and operated MB Werks in San Diego. They did terrific work on both my SL55 and E55 however they closed shop owing me a tidy sum and I have not been able to get in touch with ownership over the last month.

The last word I heard was that they would be refunding my money, however that was a month ago and they're not replying to my e-mails. What has me a little nervous is that their web site recently went down. They seemed like a stand-up operation so maybe this is just a break down in communication, however I'm curious to know if anyone else has any problems with them or perhaps knows a better way I can contact them to resolve this.

~ Ian
Old 12-25-2005, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Wasn't the owner a small Filipino guy and I think his partner was a big guy named Mike? One of my boys got some stuff done by them as a side job and I think he still has their number. I'll try to get his number for you sometime this week. The owner or former owner is a regular at the strip joint on Miramar Rd.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
If it was on Credit....which it should have been.....GET ROLLING DISPUTING THOSE CHARGES.

Always best to dispute and have it on record, then have them reversed.....their is a certain time limit, so if you didn't use the card to get the protection, USE IT!!!

If you paid with check, sorry dude, I believe it's a court/collection thing.

Good luck.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jakpro1
If it was on Credit... which it should have been... GET ROLLING DISPUTING THOSE CHARGES. Always best to dispute and have it on record, then have them reversed... their is a certain time limit, so if you didn't use the card to get the protection, USE IT!!! If you paid with check, sorry dude, I believe it's a court/collection thing. Good luck.
Normally everything goes on my AMEX, however in this case what happened was I bought wheels and had them install a lowering unit, and before I could return to pick up the set that they replaced they asked me if they could buy my original wheels from me. I said sure and they gave me a credit for the amount we decided on. Subsequently they closed shop... They seemed like stand up people I'm just hoping they don't bail on me.

~ Ian
Old 12-25-2005, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by W211 Ryda
Wasn't the owner a small Filipino guy and I think his partner was a big guy named Mike? One of my boys got some stuff done by them as a side job and I think he still has their number. I'll try to get his number for you sometime this week. The owner or former owner is a regular at the strip joint on Miramar Rd.
That would be Randall and yes... if you can get a number I'd appreciate it. I'm hoping my credit w/ them just fell through the cracks.

~ Ian
Old 12-25-2005, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by IanSL55
Normally everything goes on my AMEX, however in this case what happened was I bought wheels and had them install a lowering unit, and before I could return to pick up the set that they replaced they asked me if they could buy my original wheels from me. I said sure and they gave me a credit for the amount we decided on. Subsequently they closed shop... They seemed like stand up people I'm just hoping they don't bail on me.

~ Ian

Were these the same wheels that you named a price on; and after I agreed to pay your price, you never returned any e-mails?...not even giving me the courtesy of telling me that you decided to go in a different direction....even after a number attempts to contact you...just trying to get a response? Those wheels? Sorry can't help you.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:08 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by AMG BLISS
Were these the same wheels that you named a price on; and after I agreed to pay your price, you never returned any e-mails?...not even giving me the courtesy of telling me that you decided to go in a different direction....even after a number attempts to contact you...just trying to get a response? Those wheels? Sorry can't help you.

oh my god....

grow up.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by DRCrowder
oh my god....

grow up.
Read my post again, growing up is not the issue. KARMA is.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I bought stuff from them, too about six months ago. I still se the dude driving his black e500 around. I could try to walk him down and ask for you?
They did seem to do well. Also, I know that they did a great deal of business with MB of San Diego. I am sure that they still are or that the folks there can get in touch with the dude. MANY of the brand new cars on the showroom floor have aftermarket rims/tires from MB Werks.
Good Luck in your search. I do hope that the guys are doing OK and I would hate to think that business going bad caused them to do the same.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
http://www.mbwerks.com/