E55 new owner questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
E55 new owner questions...

Couple questions, the dealer didn't mention that my car had any kind of phone kit, but there is a cradle installed in the center console, see pic...

How can I tell which version the car has? or if it even has it at all:

051 Hands Free Communication System w/VCS
050 Hand Free Communication System

when I use the steering wheel or comand to access the phone, it says insert phone...

if the car does have one of the phone kits, where can I get the phone, what what service providers are the phones using... sprint maybe?

other question, is this how the underneath of the trunk is supposed to be, ie, no cover over the metal? I had the siruis and ipod installed, and want to make sure they didn't forget to put anything back..

thanks, and here are the pics, 2005 E55:

Old 01-29-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fikse
Couple questions, the dealer didn't mention that my car had any kind of phone kit, but there is a cradle installed in the center console, see pic...

when I use the steering wheel or comand to access the phone, it says insert phone...

if the car does have one of the phone kits, where can I get the phone, what what service providers are the phones using... sprint maybe?

other question, is this how the underneath of the trunk is supposed to be, ie, no cover over the metal? I had the siruis and ipod installed, and want to make sure they didn't forget to put anything back..

Looks and sounds like you have the phone option. Try the stealer, MBenzNL, or MIKBOX (one of the sponsors). If the steering wheel or command is asking you to insert the phone, then you have it. Any service provider should be able to work.

The underneath of my trunk looks the same: bare.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E 55
Originally Posted by Fikse

when I use the steering wheel or command to access the phone, it says insert phone...

Fikse your phone options are moto v60 or v 710. Your craddle slides out by pressing the small button. If the part number on the back of the craddle is Q 682 0919 then it's the v60 craddle if not then you have Q 682 0920 which is the v 710 craddle. Either way you need the MB version or a hacked version of these phones in order for it to work. The phone system in our cars is MHI. Hope this helps.

Btw: My trunk looks exactly the same.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
To see if you have VCS or not, just look for the VCS control stalk behind your steering wheel. It has a little sound logo on the stalk and if you pull on it, there will be a voice from COMAND to ask you your command
Old 02-02-2006, 10:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
the part number on my cradle is: Q 682 0988

any idea what phone this fits?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
E550
i can tell by looking, that cradle is for a v60.