Sponsored by:

Going Renntech for the following reasons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MB_Steve
Unfortunately, I haven't tracked the car. That is the one thing that has been bugging me. I might even delay getting the Renntech installation until after I track the car first so that I have a comparison. Also forgot to mention that I am thinking of getting the Toyo Ra1s put on my car. Does anyone have any experience with these tires?
I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you delay mods until you can do two things:
1- Get a track day under your belt so you know what the car does
2- Get it dyno'ed somewhere that you can go back to after the mods for another dyno

Without doing the above, you will have absolutely nothing to say about your mods other than "it feels faster."

Go get'em.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:38 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Track & Dyno test

I'm in agreement With DerekFSU , After 24 dyno runs over a 9 month period , and 4 trips to the track. The butt dyno is not always accurate.I can tell you what worked for me and what I was disappointed with. Mind you I have a 03 CLK55 N/A Motor. That Said , I went back to the Seller of the mod kit and they always had a resolution . To get the results I expected. Many times the hp quote is at sea level & 70 degree F temp/ Best case scenario . Up to max hp achieved with this Mod. Your results may vary ??
Old 01-31-2006, 12:04 PM
SGC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CL65
Originally Posted by MB_Steve
I have finally decided to go with Renntech ECU, Pulley and headers for the following reasons. BTW, thanks GID E Up for the pics of the stock headers. I can't believe Mercedes Benz put that sh** on my car...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=headers

1) Install can be done by a dealer - I am having my install done by a dealer in NY. Check out Renntech's website. A lot of their dealer locations are actually Mercedes Benz dealers. I am taking my car in for the 1,000 mile free service and while that is getting done I can get my Renntech installed. They are even going to give me a loner car. Possibly a Renntech MB.

2) Doesn't void the warranty - A Mercedes Benz dealer can do the install that will standby the warranty. What more could you ask for.

3)Renntech is extremely helpful. - I spent at least an hour talking to George Leca at Renntech. He explained all the parts and packages that Renntech offers for my car. Very helpful and insightful.

4)Renntech ECU & Pulley could be faster than Kleemann ECU and pulley. Check out SGC's E55 without headers. I will admit Kleemann headers look awesome, but they remove the cats and the 02 sensors. With Renntech you keep your 02 sensors and primary cats. In addition they are bolt-ons, so there is no welding.....

I am getting my car done on Saturday, and I will definitely let the group know what I think of the Renntech upgrade. If I am heading down the wrong path, or my analysis is wrong, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME.....
Excellent choice.

I hope you're as satisfied as I am.

SGC
Old 01-31-2006, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 G500, '13 G63, '17 GLS63,
Originally Posted by can drive 55
Congrats and I hope they do a fine job. I can't imagine what could be wrong with Mods with a warranty. I might check out MB of sugarland, TX. They are the closest MB dealer who is either a RENNtech or Kleemann dealer. Ricky, know anything about them?

Let us know it works out.
I had once spoken to MB Sugarland about buying a Renntech equipped car from them. When the warranty issue came up, the salesman said they would not warranty parts affected by the Renntech mods.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by medici78
I had once spoken to MB Sugarland about buying a Renntech equipped car from them. When the warranty issue came up, the salesman said they would not warranty parts affected by the Renntech mods.
Thanks. Somehow, I find it easy to believe they would say that.