W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Going Renntech for the following reasons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2006 | 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Going Renntech for the following reasons

I have finally decided to go with Renntech ECU, Pulley and headers for the following reasons. BTW, thanks GID E Up for the pics of the stock headers. I can't believe Mercedes Benz put that sh** on my car...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=headers

1) Install can be done by a dealer - I am having my install done by a dealer in NY. Check out Renntech's website. A lot of their dealer locations are actually Mercedes Benz dealers. I am taking my car in for the 1,000 mile free service and while that is getting done I can get my Renntech installed. They are even going to give me a loner car. Possibly a Renntech MB.

2) Doesn't void the warranty - A Mercedes Benz dealer can do the install that will standby the warranty. What more could you ask for.

3)Renntech is extremely helpful. - I spent at least an hour talking to George Leca at Renntech. He explained all the parts and packages that Renntech offers for my car. Very helpful and insightful.

4)Renntech ECU & Pulley could be faster than Kleemann ECU and pulley. Check out SGC's E55 without headers. I will admit Kleemann headers look awesome, but they remove the cats and the 02 sensors. With Renntech you keep your 02 sensors and primary cats. In addition they are bolt-ons, so there is no welding.....

I am getting my car done on Saturday, and I will definitely let the group know what I think of the Renntech upgrade. If I am heading down the wrong path, or my analysis is wrong, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME.....

Last edited by SleeperX; 01-30-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2006 | 08:17 PM
Out Of Control!

Nothing wrong with which tuner you choose however some of those stuff you mentioned for example like "Install can be done by the dealer..." If you look at the Kleemanns website they also offer the same thing. They have a lot of Network of Kleemann authorized dealers as well and can perform the same installation. But like what i said i guess it's just a matter of convenience. But nonetheless RennTech is
Old 01-30-2006 | 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by JamE55
Nothing wrong with which tuner you choose however some of those stuff you mentioned for example like "Install can be done by the dealer..." If you look at the Kleemanns website they also offer the same thing. They have a lot of Network of Kleemann authorized dealers as well and can perform the same installation. But like what i said i guess it's just a matter of convenience. But nonetheless RennTech is
Very valid point. Didn't realize that MB dealers also did Kleemann work....In that case, these tuners do offer very similiar services. Very hard to choose one, but I think location and accessability are probably the 2 most important variables..
Old 01-30-2006 | 09:03 PM
pas

2007 S65, 2005 Nissan Armada
I like that fact that the headers are bolt on and you keep your o2 sensors and cats, and if the dealer will honor the warranty, how can you beat that? Any idea what the total cost will be, and what do expect for HP and TQ gains?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2006 | 09:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

2005 E55
Congrats and I hope they do a fine job. I can't imagine what could be wrong with Mods with a warranty. I might check out MB of sugarland, TX. They are the closest MB dealer who is either a RENNtech or Kleemann dealer. Ricky, know anything about them?

Let us know it works out.
Old 01-30-2006 | 09:15 PM
Administrator
MBWorld Ambassador

Drives Slowly
MB Steve,

Glad you came to a decision. I thought you were going to explode the last couple of days. You were obviously anxious, and this decision weighed heavy on your mind. I know................... I went through the same thing.

You know what? I like Renntech too. I purchased their rear spoiler.

One final suggestion, show us some track numbers. Dynos are fine but they are not a true measure of "street" performance gains.

Last edited by Rock; 01-30-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2006 | 09:21 PM

Does the dealer you selected have the capability to adjust the ECU tuning based on dyno results?
Old 01-30-2006 | 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
what is a drawback on deleting cats and the 02 sensors?
Old 01-30-2006 | 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Do you have an track runs for comparison after the mods?
Old 01-30-2006 | 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy666
Does the dealer you selected have the capability to adjust the ECU tuning based on dyno results?
I think only the tuners(Brabus,Renntech and Kleemann) have the capabilities to ajust the ecu,thus they cannot tune it on the dyno.
Old 01-30-2006 | 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
By deleating the cats,you achieve less ristrctions, resulting in more power but produce more smog.By producing more smog,it will be picked up by the o2 sensor,and display a "check engine" light.Which will result in an inspection failure.This "check engine" light can only be turned off by editing the ecu.
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by jamusa
I think only the tuners(Brabus,Renntech and Kleemann) have the capabilities to ajust the ecu,thus they cannot tune it on the dyno.
OK - I wasn't very clear. What I was trying to ask was, does the dealer have a dyno so that the ECU can be adjusted as part of the install process. All dealers have the capability to flash the ECU. A revised program from the tuner can be downloaded and flashed in a short period of time.
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Steve
I have finally decided to go with Renntech ECU, Pulley and headers for the following reasons. BTW, thanks GID E Up for the pics of the stock headers. I can't believe Mercedes Benz put that sh** on my car...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=headers

1) Install can be done by a dealer - I am having my install done by a dealer in NY. Check out Renntech's website. A lot of their dealer locations are actually Mercedes Benz dealers. I am taking my car in for the 1,000 mile free service and while that is getting done I can get my Renntech installed. They are even going to give me a loner car. Possibly a Renntech MB.

2) Doesn't void the warranty - A Mercedes Benz dealer can do the install that will standby the warranty. What more could you ask for.

3)Renntech is extremely helpful. - I spent at least an hour talking to George Leca at Renntech. He explained all the parts and packages that Renntech offers for my car. Very helpful and insightful.

4)Renntech ECU & Pulley could be faster than Kleemann ECU and pulley. Check out SGC's E55 without headers. I will admit Kleemann headers look awesome, but they remove the cats and the 02 sensors. With Renntech you keep your 02 sensors and primary cats. In addition they are bolt-ons, so there is no welding.....

I am getting my car done on Saturday, and I will definitely let the group know what I think of the Renntech upgrade. If I am heading down the wrong path, or my analysis is wrong, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME.....
#2 is not at all accurate. Good luck getting Mercedes to honor your warranty if a Renntech mod (or any mod) causes any engine or drive train issues/failures.
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:27 PM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Originally Posted by G55K
#2 is not at all accurate. Good luck getting Mercedes to honor your warranty if a Renntech mod (or any mod) causes any engine or drive train issues/failures.

If the MB dealer is a authorized Renntech or Kleemann dealer you should not have any issues

Enjoy your transformed BEAST
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by pas
I like that fact that the headers are bolt on and you keep your o2 sensors and cats, and if the dealer will honor the warranty, how can you beat that? Any idea what the total cost will be, and what do expect for HP and TQ gains?

Thanks
http://www.renntechmercedes.com/PDF/Models/W211_E.pdf
Renntech performance package 3 is $9,695 on their website. Website says it will give you a 75 horsepower gain and an 80Ib-ft. torque gain..
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Rock
MB Steve,

Glad you came to a decision. I thought you were going to explode the last couple of days. You were obviously anxious, and this decision weighed heavy on your mind. I know................... I went through the same thing.

You know what? I like Renntech too. I purchased their rear spoiler.

One final suggestion, show us some track numbers. Dynos are fine but they are not a true measure of "street" performance gains.
Unfortunatley, I haven't tracked the car yet. As a matter of fact, I haven't even had a chance to get any street races. Despite seaarching for prey for the last few months, I have come up with nothing...
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by 04E55 AMG
If the MB dealer is a authorized Renntech or Kleemann dealer you should not have any issues

In most cases you are correct. However, if the failure is major, such as a blown engine, you'll be dealing with a regional Mercedes rep and it won't be the dealers call.

I modify everything that I own so I say go for it! However, be aware that there are risks. Renntech is a very reputable company and the odds are that you won't have any issues. Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230SS 6MT, 1966 Triumph TR4a IRS, Shelby Cobra 427 Supercharged
Originally Posted by 04E55 AMG

If he is getting it done at the dealer I am thinking of (Recovery Racing/ MB of Massapequa? They are the NE dealer for Renntech), they said they would go as far as returning the car to stock if they had problems with the warranty.
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Grumpy666
Unfortunately, I do not think the dealer can do a dyno test. I believe they simply take the chip out, mail it to Renntech in Florida who will flash it, and then reinstall it back in your vehicle. This is a big dissappointment to me, because I would have liked to have it dyno tuned. Certainly a drawback if u ask me.
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
I have heard that it NY you will not pass inspection. Could be BS, but that is what I have been told? Plus I want to be able to put the car back to stock if necessary...
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by DerekFSU
Do you have an track runs for comparison after the mods?
Unfortunately, I haven't tracked the car. That is the one thing that has been bugging me. I might even delay getting the Renntech installation until after I track the car first so that I have a comparison. Also forgot to mention that I am thinking of getting the Toyo Ra1s put on my car. Does anyone have any experience with these tires?
Old 01-30-2006 | 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Capt Nemo o2
If he is getting it done at the dealer I am thinking of (Recovery Racing/ MB of Massapequa? They are the NE dealer for Renntech), they said they would go as far as returning the car to stock if they had problems with the warranty.
Yes. Have they done any mods for you?
Old 01-31-2006 | 12:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB_Steve
Yes. Have they done any mods for you?
Unfortunately no. I have a C230 and Renntech pulled all but the pulley for my car. They had an ECU/Pulley package for $1600 for about 20 or so HP. Now all they have is the $1000 pulley for about 10 HP.

By any chance where you there last Friday night discussing the mods? I was picking up my car from service and overheard a salesman talking about adding Renntech mods.

I do believe that they can adjust the timing and fuel curve through STAR DIAG, but I dont think they have a dyno for HP. I could be wrong about the STAR DIAG though.

Good luck with the mods, you picked a great dealership. BTW: very jealous of all you E55 owners! By far my favorite sedan.
Old 01-31-2006 | 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55
Originally Posted by Capt Nemo o2
Unfortunately no. I have a C230 and Renntech pulled all but the pulley for my car. They had an ECU/Pulley package for $1600 for about 20 or so HP. Now all they have is the $1000 pulley for about 10 HP.

By any chance where you there last Friday night discussing the mods? I was picking up my car from service and overheard a salesman talking about adding Renntech mods.

I do believe that they can adjust the timing and fuel curve through STAR DIAG, but I dont think they have a dyno for HP. I could be wrong about the STAR DIAG though.

Good luck with the mods, you picked a great dealership. BTW: very jealous of all you E55 owners! By far my favorite sedan.
I have actually never been there before. I heard they actually have a Renntech shop in the dealership though and they do a on of Renntech installations...
Old 01-31-2006 | 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh ok, the new location is nice. BIG! I havent had to wait there though since they moved so I havent had a chance to take advantage of what they have there. I dont know about the Renntech shop, but they may, they are supposed to have 41 work bays, so to have one of those for Renntech is possible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going Renntech for the following reasons