Rice or Nice...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW E39
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Eh, I'm still going for the debadged look.
The C230k has kompressor on it..
Nah, C230k has a belt driven mini fan on top.

just kidding.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 S63 Coupe Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by MHaynes772
I was thinking of doing something different and maybe taking the V8 Kompressor off the side and putting Cadillac's STS-V's Supercharged emblem on each side? Eh? What's y'alls opinions?

Matt
Brilliant

Please let us know when you find out who makes a badge that says : "SUPERCHARGED-SUPERFAST-IT-REALLY-FLIES-WHEN-YOU-FLOOR-IT"

We could organize a group buy, maybe...?

Hey, we can all be such a cruel lynch mob here when we get a taste of blood

Last edited by Rafal; 02-11-2006 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:15 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I would definitly not do it.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E46 M3, 2008 E92 M3
Old 02-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Almost a Member!

02 E55
I'm definitely a fan of the debadged/stealth look. Simple and clean.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:12 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
you guys are cracking me up. it's as if he said he wants to put the "V" emblem or cadi crest on the car, which he clearly did not say... if the car's supercharged, which it is, and he wants to use a translated lettering that does look pretty cool, but may not match the overall appearance of the merc's styling, what does adding "M" bimmer badges and all those other car co's badges have to do with it? the badge says "supercharged" -- last i checked, cadillac doesn't have a trademark or monopoly rights on use of the word and no one i know thinks first of cadillac when they hear it. some of y'all really need to get out more.

but the badges will probably cost a few hundred quid and may not look all that great once they're on. therefore it's probably not worth it to pursue the idea. nonetheless, i agree that those badges do look pretty cool on the STS...

v
Old 02-11-2006, 02:33 PM

Don't consider it. Not appealing, even in the slightest.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by vixapphire
you guys are cracking me up. it's as if he said he wants to put the "V" emblem or cadi crest on the car, which he clearly did not say... if the car's supercharged, which it is, and he wants to use a translated lettering that does look pretty cool, but may not match the overall appearance of the merc's styling, what does adding "M" bimmer badges and all those other car co's badges have to do with it? the badge says "supercharged" -- last i checked, cadillac doesn't have a trademark or monopoly rights on use of the word and no one i know thinks first of cadillac when they hear it. some of y'all really need to get out more.

but the badges will probably cost a few hundred quid and may not look all that great once they're on. therefore it's probably not worth it to pursue the idea. nonetheless, i agree that those badges do look pretty cool on the STS...

v
You know what cracks me up.....stupid people doing stupid things.
I don't see anywhere in his post where it says he WON'T put the V badge on his car. The picture he posted clearly has the V symbol in it.
Give your head a shake!

Old 02-11-2006, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
just put the supercharged emblem under the kompressor.... so it's translated for everyone....
Old 02-12-2006, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
i understood his first post to be referring to the supercharged and nothing else.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Keep the Kompressor badge, if anyone asks you what it means its a chance to tell them how much of a beast your car is. Kompressor gets peoples' attention, why else would the 230K guys be so stoked about it?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:39 PM

2008 Z06
WHOAH! A lot has happened since I've been gone this weekend. Clearly, I need to be more clear. Like hell I would include the 'V' but obviously some of you though I would. Um...No. Also, I don't know why some of you are thinking that it would be like putting a Z06 or 'M' badge on there, because that's just stupid. The E55 is not a Z06 or a M model, but it IS SUPERCHARGED. It was only an idea and all I wanted was your opinions because they do matter. But damn, y'all just ripped me a new one!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

W221
A big and really big no...
Old 02-13-2006, 02:29 AM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Originally Posted by Stiggs
You know what cracks me up.....stupid people doing stupid things.
I don't see anywhere in his post where it says he WON'T put the V badge on his car. The picture he posted clearly has the V symbol in it.
Give your head a shake!

sorry hoss, if you shake it more than twice you're playing with it.

he mentioned putting the "supercharged" badge on, not the V badge. thus, i'll take him at his word rather than putting words in his mouth like a lot of the other folks in this thread, and you, have done. saying that nowhere does he say he WON'T put the V badge on his car reminds me of the question, "Stiggs, when did you stop beating your wife?" In a word, "no".

because you're being snippy, i'll learn ya something:

here's why he probably WON'T put the v badge on his car, although he had it in the photo. the doors of most STS-V model cars do have the V symbol next to the "supercharged" badge, so unless he works in the parts dept. at a cadillac dealer, he's probably not privy to taking photos of the "supercharged" lettering standing alone. to the point, though, the badges (supercharged and "V") are sold separately. if he's saying he's thinking about putting the "supercharged" badge on his car, it's fair to assume he means just that.

now, if he comes out of the bunker he's probably hiding in as a result of this thread's flaming to clarify that he'd put both word and "V" badges on his car, i'll be the first guy on a plane to damascus to burn his flag. but until he does, i'd reckon it's you, not me, who's jumping to conclusions here... and who might benefit from "giving his head a shake".
Old 02-13-2006, 08:19 AM

2008 Z06
sorry hoss, if you shake it more than twice you're playing with it.

he mentioned putting the "supercharged" badge on, not the V badge. thus, i'll take him at his word rather than putting words in his mouth like a lot of the other folks in this thread, and you, have done. saying that nowhere does he say he WON'T put the V badge on his car reminds me of the question, "Stiggs, when did you stop beating your wife?" In a word, "no".

because you're being snippy, i'll learn ya something:

here's why he probably WON'T put the v badge on his car, although he had it in the photo. the doors of most STS-V model cars do have the V symbol next to the "supercharged" badge, so unless he works in the parts dept. at a cadillac dealer, he's probably not privy to taking photos of the "supercharged" lettering standing alone. to the point, though, the badges (supercharged and "V") are sold separately. if he's saying he's thinking about putting the "supercharged" badge on his car, it's fair to assume he means just that.

now, if he comes out of the bunker he's probably hiding in as a result of this thread's flaming to clarify that he'd put both word and "V" badges on his car, i'll be the first guy on a plane to damascus to burn his flag. but until he does, i'd reckon it's you, not me, who's jumping to conclusions here... and who might benefit from "giving his head a shake".
Wow, buddy, calm down. I'm not hiding in any bunker. I was in Tyler, Texas fo the weekend and just made it back in last night, as you can see from my post in Off Topic. Now you are the one assuming things.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

211 E55(sold) & 80cc shifter kart
you bumped your head right?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:52 PM

How 'bout these bad boys? Yup! It's a HEMI!
Attached Thumbnails Rice or Nice...-hemi_badge_new_01.jpg  
Old 02-13-2006, 08:01 PM

2008 Z06
Well considering my car doesn't have a HEMI, that would probably be a pretty stupid idea now wouldn't it...
Old 02-13-2006, 08:08 PM

Well considering my car doesn't have a HEMI, that would probably be a pretty stupid idea now wouldn't it...

Sorry, just having fun.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:22 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Wow, buddy, calm down. I'm not hiding in any bunker. I was in Tyler, Texas fo the weekend and just made it back in last night, as you can see from my post in Off Topic. Now you are the one assuming things.
assuming what, exactly? i meant hiding as in, hiding from all the flames that this thread was directing your way (which would've been a reasonable response, if you ask me). wasn't trying to imply anything beyond that, so i apologize if my statement wasn't sufficiently clear and you took offense as a result.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:35 PM

2008 Z06
assuming what, exactly? i meant hiding as in, hiding from all the flames that this thread was directing your way (which would've been a reasonable response, if you ask me). wasn't trying to imply anything beyond that, so i apologize if my statement wasn't sufficiently clear and you took offense as a result.

Hehe, sorry I snapped. I was just getting pissed at how stupid people's comments were getting and read your's wrong. I apologize. Whoops!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:50 PM

Whoa!

Responses:apprx 32; MHayens772: Nada

Well, maybe "1" if you count the original idea! I'd say go ahead & do it. If you don't like the results...take it off. It's not like your making a permanent modification.

Last edited by lexlyf; 02-13-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:19 AM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Hehe, sorry I snapped. I was just getting pissed at how stupid people's comments were getting and read your's wrong. I apologize. Whoops!
i think my original post was an expression of the frustration you and i shared reading many of these responses. as to the guy directly above, i agree; do watcha like with the "supercharged" emblem... so long as you don't mind spending the dough, it's all good!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:25 AM

'10 MB E63, '08 ML550 ('05 E55, '05 SL55, '08 E63 GONE)
Just mount a GIANT FLAGPOLE to the top of your car and then you can swap out flags (Supercharged, MBUSA, etc.) regularly and not worry about what glue might do to your paint job...

I think that would be the best of both worlds no?

~ Ian
Old 02-14-2006, 04:29 PM

2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
Re: Giant Flagpole

giant flagpole, eh?

say, now I know what that big antenna-thingie on the trunk of the new S class is supposed to be! those benzo designers, they think of everything!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rice or Nice...