Dyno results w211 K1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 sl600, 06 CLS55 AMG, 1971 Cuda
Originally Posted by grussell
about what? Why?

about the job they did on my car. I don't want to write too much because I am really angry abaut what happened. I paid to mess up my car over there! I hope you don't have any problems.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE53
I believe that if you had a problem with a shop you should post the details for others to know.

Lucent has done a fair amount of work for me on 2 cars and so far I am very please with the work and service. If you have something to say you should say it. Otherwise don't drop little hints and digs without providing us with the details.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:05 PM

I believe that if you had a problem with a shop you should post the details for others to know.

Lucent has done a fair amount of work for me on 2 cars and so far I am very please with the work and service. If you have something to say you should say it. Otherwise don't drop little hints and digs without providing us with the details.
I'll wait until my car gets back from Kleemann. I am glad you have had a good experience. I will write in detail what happened after they installed the headers for me.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:07 PM

2024 GLE53
Originally Posted by SLVRBLT43K
I'll wait until my car gets back from Kleemann. I am glad you have had a good experience. I will write in detail what happened after they installed the headers for me.
cool and thanks!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:57 PM

SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
I know, I couln't believe it either.

After the first run, I said that's at the crank, right? He said no. I said well your dyno is broken! He said no, that's at the wheels and it's correct. OK, we do it again and it get's higher! We ran it with ESP off in 4th gear to 179mph, I thought it was going to blow up! Go figure! I guess I need to go to the track!
I noticed that you said you did one pull the ESP off, does that mean you had the ESP on for the other runs? I didn't think that good data could be obtained unless the vehicle was in "dyno mode". The ESP is not functional in dyno mode. I'm really confused. By the way, can you cook the tires when downshifting at 60mph? With those numbers I would expect you could do that or more.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:00 PM

2024 GLE53
Originally Posted by Vetluver
I noticed that you said you did one pull the ESP off, does that mean you had the ESP on for the other runs? I didn't think that good data could be obtained unless the vehicle was in "dyno mode". The ESP is not functional in dyno mode. I'm really confused. By the way, can you cook the tires when downshifting at 60mph? With those numbers I would expect you could do that or more.
All runs were done with ESP off, not in dyno mode. The first run was in 3rd gear. The 2nd and 3rd runs were done in 4th gear up to redline at 179mph. You don't down shift at any time.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by paul928
Hmm, I have a cls 55 with Kleeman k1 mods. The before and after rw dynos were:
402.31 hp before; 429.5 hp after
431.53 tq before; 483.92 tq after

Haha!! That's because its a CLS and not an E!!. Just messin.

SLVRBLT43K: dude, subtlety is not your strength. You talk smack without talking it. Sounds like you are working some angle to try to get free stuff or get your money back!! Use some other group.

Agreed the numbers are too high, but nice car none the less. As always, the real deal is in the track numbers.....or maybe the air in SoCal is just denser!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 06:22 PM

2024 GLE53
Originally Posted by jangy

SLVRBLT43K: dude, subtlety is not your strength. You talk smack without talking it. Sounds like you are working some angle to try to get free stuff or get your money back!! Use some other group.

Agreed the numbers are too high, but nice car none the less. As always, the real deal is in the track numbers.....or maybe the air in SoCal is just denser!!!
Dyno opperator said the pressure was 30 and the temp was 55. He said that would account for a big increase. I told him there is no way in $%#@ this car is putting down 530hp to the rear wheels and he said I know my equipment is right. Whatever! I will say it ran up to 179mph pretty darn fast.

Also, he said that the past few cars he did came in right were they should so I should believe the numbers. I don't, but I am pleased with the car and the mods none the less.

Also, he tested Speed Thrills CLS55 K1 and it put down 464rwhp and 535rwtq on the best run on 91 octane. So could the prime conditions and 101 in the tank make a difference of 67HP?

I must get it to the track to put my mind at ease.

Last edited by grussell; 03-10-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
12' C63 P31, 06' Supercharged Range, 08' BMW 550i
That will tell all.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:01 PM

03 RRE Evo, 06 E55
Dyno opperator said the pressure was 30 and the temp was 55. He said that would account for a big increase. I told him there is no way in $%#@ this car is putting down 530hp to the rear wheels and he said I know my equipment is right. Whatever! I will say it ran up to 179mph pretty darn fast.

Also, he said that the past few cars he did came in right were they should so I should believe the numbers. I don't, but I am pleased with the car and the mods none the less.

Also, he tested Speed Thrills CLS55 K1 and it put down 464rwhp and 535rwtq on the best run on 91 octane. So could the prime conditions and 101 in the tank make a difference of 67HP?

I don't know how "smart" mercedes ecus are, but I don't think it's smart enough to advance that much timing (since obviously boost is kept constant from the increase on the pullies) safely automatically sensing 101 octane. Normally you'd have to map the ecu accordingly for different octanes....definitely smart enough to retard timing when it sees knock activity though, that's a given. It is pretty cold weather around here though lately and the dense air could help a bit as well as usual on turbos and supercharged cars....but the variation seems a bit extreme to me as well. But if that's the truth I'd be down for it, I have an 06 e55 as well and I think I'm waiting till my warranty is over to mod this one, my evo is already a handful when it comes to mods. Have fun with your newly transformed kleemann car. =)
Old 03-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
I agree with the other memebr that said to just be happy and raise hell. Your E55 is at least running anyway, so go to the track or streets or where ever you like to haul and enjoy!!

Nice looking ride. The color combo of car and wheels is gorgeous.

The Trio has nothing on my PPC670!!

Just messin
Old 03-10-2006, 09:07 PM

Dude I talk smack? How old are you dude My car has been out for over 2 months because of bad installation, I never asked for any money back. I was writing about the experience I had with them. I have Mercedes Benz technicians backing me on this dude.

Last edited by SLVRBLT43K; 03-10-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
As grussell said; if you got something to say...then say it. If not, then don't. I could care less how long you have been out of a car and I am sure that all MB employees would "back" you in bashing tuners. How old am I? 38, why? You interested? "Dude", teach you to mix tuners. If you want to scare the store or tuner you are pissed at, send them a letter from a lawyer. if you think they might read this thread and dewcide its best not to mess with you, then you really are fooling yourself and not me. Just for the record, you didn't write about the experience or the details. You just "hinted" at your problems. Send your car to Arkansas for all I care. Please do tell us all your details, but only AFTER the header are installed. Haha.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:25 PM

As grussell said; if you got something to say...then say it. If not, then don't. I could care less how long you have been out of a car and I am sure that all MB employees would "back" you in bashing tuners. How old am I? 38, why? You interested? "Dude", teach you to mix tuners. If you want to scare the store or tuner you are pissed at, send them a letter from a lawyer. if you think they might read this thread and dewcide its best not to mess with you, then you really are fooling yourself and not me. Just for the record, you didn't write about the experience or the details. You just "hinted" at your problems. Send your car to Arkansas for all I care. Please do tell us all your details, but only AFTER the header are installed. Haha.

you are too cool. I will write everything in detail when I get my car back from KLEEMANN in Colorado.

Last edited by SLVRBLT43K; 03-10-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Yeah buddy, get your story straight and then post how everyone says you are god and the install shop ruined your wet dream. then maybe you can pretend to sue and they can give you a thrid tuner to get parts from??
Old 03-11-2006, 02:06 AM

Yeah buddy, get your story straight and then post how everyone says you are god and the install shop ruined your wet dream. then maybe you can pretend to sue and they can give you a thrid tuner to get parts from??
!!!!!

Last edited by SLVRBLT43K; 03-11-2006 at 03:13 AM.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
heh.... the PPC670 brickphone?

The Trio has nothing on my PPC670!!

Just messin
Old 03-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
OT: Dude, you got brick right.. Added a Jabra JX10 and Microsoft Voice Command to it and it is now a laptop w/ built in hands free phone!!
Also, my Jeep is good enough to have UConnect, so the "brick" doesn't need to get touched!!
I wish I could get a similar feature on the BENZ!!! That is my #1 hate on MB. For all the toys and safety features that they trickle to other DC products (i.e. my Jeep), why would they not "steal" a few from them??
Old 03-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by SLVRBLT43K
!!!!!

Ok, dude. I'll start sending you some cool charma, just for the smiley

Good luck to you and do let us know how it goes. It does suck to have problems with your ride (been there), no matter what the cause (defect or tuner or whatever).
Old 03-11-2006, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

STS,FGT,12C,P85D,M4
yea, I actually like that phone.... is it EV-DO? hard to belive that MB doesn't have bluetooth yet.... but I have to say, I had bluetooth in my 545i, and M45 Sport, and now I have the phone/car kit in my E55..... and the MB is much better in terms of reliabiltiy, sound quality, etc....

of course the big drawback is that I had to buy another phone (ebay $160), which I just leave in the car at all times.... I have the Treo650 as my carry with me phone....

OT: Dude, you got brick right.. Added a Jabra JX10 and Microsoft Voice Command to it and it is now a laptop w/ built in hands free phone!!
Also, my Jeep is good enough to have UConnect, so the "brick" doesn't need to get touched!!
I wish I could get a similar feature on the BENZ!!! That is my #1 hate on MB. For all the toys and safety features that they trickle to other DC products (i.e. my Jeep), why would they not "steal" a few from them??
Old 03-11-2006, 01:32 PM

Ok, dude. I'll start sending you some cool charma, just for the smiley

Good luck to you and do let us know how it goes. It does suck to have problems with your ride (been there), no matter what the cause (defect or tuner or whatever).

Thank you.