Sponsored by:

How hard is it to remove/reinstall the sway bars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 Wagon
Question How hard is it to remove/reinstall the sway bars

Usually over in the non-amg w211 forum but figured this would be a better place to post this question:

read all the posts here on sway bars and understand that the Brabus product is essentially the same as the stock E55 bars...but because I have a non-amg car I'm considering it.

I talked to Brabus (and no I will not buy from them direct) about thier sway-bars...straight forward enough and they will work fine for my air-matic car, HOWEVER the salesman goes on to say make sure that you have "us" install the bars or someone very qualified....because the whole egine needs to be moved and they want $550 to do the install...what is this about the engine being moved?? Any thoughts...

TIA

Chris
Old 03-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
I would replace all the mounts and bushings if you are going to take them apart anyway. You sure you want to do all that just for some sway bars?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 Wagon
Thats the problem...Im trying to ascertain what
all that
is exactly...if its swaybars and a simple install....then sure why not my car could probably use it...but if its going to be a major PITA then no...dont want to deal with it...not worth it on my little E350 / Its one of those situations where if I can throw some cash at it (not a whole lot)...and make a big improvement then I'll go for it but if its anything other than that then I wont bother...the 350 is just my cruiser...and I love it for that...

I can get the bars for far less than what Brabus sells them for at their shop here in town...so thats not the issue...it just comes down to what is involved with the install...off to my local MBZ mechanic tomorrow I'll see what he says...EVO is only 10 mins away perhaps a visit there will shed some light on the situation...they've helped me in the past with other things

thanks for the response.

Last edited by chenry; 03-14-2006 at 11:26 PM.